Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
also you can purchase up to 8 tickets, and tickets on your phone are free but hard copies are $13

You can purchase as many tickets as you want, just 8 in one transaction.

I’m sure this code went around and around because way more tickets sold yesterday than who should have went.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Just snagged three tix in section 211! I'm psyched. I couldn't get tickets for the actual winter classic but went to the alumni game back in 2012 or whenever. I love these outdoor games!

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
I got an email yesterday, they are starting a pre-sale for Royals season ticket holders today. I can't go, but it is nice that they included us in the offer. I would assume Phantoms STH's got the offer too.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I got an email yesterday, they are starting a pre-sale for Royals season ticket holders today. I can't go, but it is nice that they included us in the offer. I would assume Phantoms STH's got the offer too.

Everyone got the offer. If you went to Xfinity Live at some point, you got the offer.

I'm not pleased with the Flyers as a STH. We were told we have "priority seat access," as a selling point to renew. STH's had time slots Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday based off of seniority. Turns out the code was completely generic and could be shared to anyone as people could buy as many tickets as they wanted.

Fast forward to Wednesday (the last day of STHs) and tickets were pretty scarce. One would assume that that was all of the tickets that were left so get whatever you can before it's too late and settle, right?

Wrong. If you had an account with Wells Fargo Center they had a presale yesterday and hundreds of new seats were made available including Club Level at Center Ice.

What exactly was the perk that was provided to Season Ticket Holders when they were influenced into buying worse seats when tons of better seats would be readily available to the public?

/rant

tue66512

FLYERS STH
Jun 15, 2014
South Jersey
Everyone got the offer. If you went to Xfinity Live at some point, you got the offer.

I'm not pleased with the Flyers as a STH. We were told we have "priority seat access," as a selling point to renew. STH's had time slots Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday based off of seniority. Turns out the code was completely generic and could be shared to anyone as people could buy as many tickets as they wanted.

Fast forward to Wednesday (the last day of STHs) and tickets were pretty scarce. One would assume that that was all of the tickets that were left so get whatever you can before it's too late and settle, right?

Wrong. If you had an account with Wells Fargo Center they had a presale yesterday and hundreds of new seats were made available including Club Level at Center Ice.

What exactly was the perk that was provided to Season Ticket Holders when they were influenced into buying worse seats when tons of better seats would be readily available to the public?

/rant

You're absolutely right. The presale started Monday and most of the good seats were bought out within an hour since the code was so ridiculously generic. The league basically manipulated season ticket holders by holding back good ticket inventory for each and every presale. This morning for instance their was maybe 50 primary tickets left throughout the interactive map all in shitty club levels/endzones before the 11am presale. This strategy basically forced fans/season ticketholders to buy up less desirable seats or buy resale tickets on TM where TM gets a cutback on resale commission. The whole "priority access" selling point STHs were sold on was complete bs. If the league/Flyers cared about their season ticketholders they all would have gotten a unique 1 time use code per account to be used based on seniority. The Stadium series back in Pittsburgh used a unique fan codes and that game didn't sell out, so with the presale code being insanely generic and not displaying all the available inventory from the get-go, its obvious the league just wants to create a fake demand for the game and sell to whoever is willing to pay the high prices to make as much money possible.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You're absolutely right. The presale started Monday and most of the good seats were bought out within an hour since the code was so ridiculously generic. The league basically manipulated season ticket holders by holding back good ticket inventory for each and every presale. This morning for instance their was maybe 50 primary tickets left throughout the interactive map all in ****ty club levels/endzones before the 11am presale. This strategy basically forced fans/season ticketholders to buy up less desirable seats or buy resale tickets on TM where TM gets a cutback on resale commission. The whole "priority access" selling point STHs were sold on was complete bs. If the league/Flyers cared about their season ticketholders they all would have gotten a unique 1 time use code per account to be used based on seniority. The Stadium series back in Pittsburgh used a unique fan codes and that game didn't sell out, so with the presale code being insanely generic and not displaying all the available inventory from the get-go, its obvious the league just wants to create a fake demand for the game and sell to whoever is willing to pay the high prices to make as much money possible.

I sent an email to my ticket rep regarding my displeasure. We've been playing a bit of phone tag since over it. It really has left a sour taste in my mouth because I bought tickets because I didn't want to miss out and settled. Now the fact that I know that I could have had center ice tickets really rubs me the wrong way.

Reactions: TheKingPin

tue66512

FLYERS STH
Jun 15, 2014
South Jersey
Kinda random but I noticed the Flyers are selling pre-season games on their website and priced the face values less than full season ticketholder cost and are charging 0 service fees. Obviously all the tickets are still way over-priced, but it seems kinda scummy they're undercutting what season ticketholders paid. If that's what they are valuing the tickets at then it seems STHs are getting even more screwed overpaying for meaningless games.

https://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/nco...hovia&shopperContext=&caller=appList&appCode=

Reactions: Breeze 44

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Kinda random but I noticed the Flyers are selling pre-season games on their website and priced the face values less than full season ticketholder cost and are charging 0 service fees. Obviously all the tickets are still way over-priced, but it seems kinda scummy they're undercutting what season ticketholders paid. If that's what they are valuing the tickets at then it seems STHs are getting even more screwed overpaying for meaningless games.

https://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/nco...hovia&shopperContext=&caller=appList&appCode=
Yea it’s an easy way for them to get people to pay for preason games. I personally am banking on the team getting to a top 3 level for the next 5-10 years. I know back in the days of lindros it was hard to get seats. Thinking it might get close to that in a season or two.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

I hear you but let's face the facts on this... If they didn't 'force' STMs to purchase the Games, they would play to empty Seats... and lose Revenue that would most likely have to be made up in future Price Adjustment -- increases -- And the walkup Tickets will never be sold at Face Value... probably won't for the beast majority of the reduced price ones... like unused plane seats or empty hotel rooms, any price on walkup PS Game Seats is better than unsold empty ones.

What they probably should do is factor in the PS Games into the next Seat Adjustments under the Regular Season Games catagory and 'give' the PS Games to STHs for free... and then sell the Walk up Seats for a nominal fair price, or donate them to charity or to children's groups... The results would be basically the same, and after an honest explanation upon announcing the new STH Rate, maybe there will be a better feeling going forward.

Playing with numbers and situation spinning... granted... but, hey... it is what it is and what it always was... cost of doing business that always leaves a funny taste in everybody's mouths.

JMO

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview
Bruins fan here.. in Philly next week for business.. thought I would catch a Flyers Bruins preseason game on Monday 9/24. Question, on Stubhub, they have superclub seats at 38.00 plus fees... It is true ALL super club seats have a 25.00 credit as well? Also, if there are any STH holder for the club seats, center ice, looking to dump and not pay stubhub fees, let me know... thanks

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Bruins fan here.. in Philly next week for business.. thought I would catch a Flyers Bruins preseason game on Monday 9/24. Question, on Stubhub, they have superclub seats at 38.00 plus fees... It is true ALL super club seats have a 25.00 credit as well? Also, if there are any STH holder for the club seats, center ice, looking to dump and not pay stubhub fees, let me know... thanks

Assuming you mean just the club level seats, it would be news to me that they all have a $25 credit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Re-sell prices are already in the tank for these weeknight games early in the season, way quicker than they usually are.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I've been to a few preseason games in the past 10 years as a STH, and Monday's game vs. the Islanders was the smallest crowd I've ever seen.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Re-sell prices are already in the tank for these weeknight games early in the season, way quicker than they usually are.

I've been to a few preseason games in the past 10 years as a STH, and Monday's game vs. the Islanders was the smallest crowd I've ever seen.

Must be the Phillies Stretch and anticipation of the MLB PostSeason............... Oh....... Wait... Never mind.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
Bruins fan coming in peace. Going to be in Philadelphia on the weekend of the 13th of October. Looking for 4 tickets for the matinee game against the Vegas Golden Knights. Not looking to break the bank. Oh yeah, I hate the Penguins more than any other team in the league. Even more than the Habs!!

Reactions: flyersjim73

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I need help!

Trying to do something fun for my father's birthday and I think we're going to go to the stadium series game at the Linc. Question: what section should I be looking at? Not everyone in the party is rolling with dough, so super expensive seats are out. Can anyone tell me about the mezzanine level at the Linc? I've never actually been to the Linc, but from what I gather it's the same as the club level but without the special stuff. Is that about right? Is it covered or no?

If not the mezzanine level, what's the best not too pricey section I should take a look at?

Much thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I need help!

Trying to do something fun for my father's birthday and I think we're going to go to the stadium series game at the Linc. Question: what section should I be looking at? Not everyone in the party is rolling with dough, so super expensive seats are out. Can anyone tell me about the mezzanine level at the Linc? I've never actually been to the Linc, but from what I gather it's the same as the club level but without the special stuff. Is that about right? Is it covered or no?

If not the mezzanine level, what's the best not too pricey section I should take a look at?

Much thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

You are correct about the Mezzanine level. I don't believe that it is covered outside of the last row or so.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Bruins fan coming in peace. Going to be in Philadelphia on the weekend of the 13th of October. Looking for 4 tickets for the matinee game against the Vegas Golden Knights. Not looking to break the bank. Oh yeah, I hate the Penguins more than any other team in the league. Even more than the Habs!!

I would think StubHub is probably your best option unless somebody else on here happens to have any extras.

Unlike a lot of teams, the Flyers actually partner with stubhub so pretty much all resales go directly through them unless you know someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad