Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Flyers' started by Hollywood Couturier, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyersjim73

flyersjim73 Registered User

Entirely based on the seats. There are no fees just to be a season ticket holder (no seat license or anything like that).

I’m in section 215, row 2 and I paid just over $5,000 for two seats for the year. It comes out to $59/ticket per game.

2. RANKKA

RANKKA #28 #29

oh i thought there is some kind of member thing and you can buy tickets cheaper as well

3. Sawdalite

Sawdalite SelectLouNolan4PFHoF

When my STM Partner who receives the Flyers Correspondence asked me if I heard anything about the Christmas Gift this Season... he hadn't received anything... I asked a Rep at the STM tables before Tuesday's Game... The Rep informed me that the Policy had changed and the Gift was given out at the beginning of the Season with the Blanket and Yeti Cooler... not sure if one was Christmas and the other was the Season's Gift or exactly what... After pressing him on it, he said it was a decision to do it that way but didn't say why...Maybe cost saving with single mailing and nobody having to distribute anything.

HTH

BTW: My Partner took the Blanket and I got the Yeti... my choice since I have too many blankets presently... I love the Yeti, even though it is big and heavy... It works great and does preserve the ice for a real long time; keeps drinks really cold... I did some checking and such Coolers unmarked with anything goes for quite a bit, like ~$40 IIRC ... Yeti is a popular item and very pricey... personally I'm happier with it than I have been with any past Gift other than the Bobblehead Set and the 50th Jerseys...but frankly it close to those, and I use it alot.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  4. Hollywood Couturier

Hollywood Couturier Moderator

They gave us a hat and a scarf last year before the season and an umbrella at the holidays. The year before they gave us the jersey before the season and the book at the holidays.

That’s a BS response by them.

Captain Dave Poulin likes this.
  5. Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich Trout & Hockey Sponsor

The cheapest Yeti hard cooler is like $200, so that's a pretty decent gift. Sounds way more expensive than the hat/scarf/umbrella.

6. Hollywood Couturier

It’s a tumbler. Not a cooler.

7. Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich Trout & Hockey Sponsor

[​IMG]

8. Sawdalite

I respectfully disagree... the hat and scarf and then umbrella isn't inline with the blanket and Flyers engraved Yeti 20oz Cooler... IIRC an attachment purchased for the Yeti to apply the Flyers script is like $10 alone on the aftermarket... and the one we received is not just an application... The yeti Gift was a premium product IMO. I never first hand saw the blanket so I can't comment on it.

The 50th Anniversay Gifts were special for to the Event... I believe they were over the top and shouldn't be used to gauge other Seasons Gifts.

While I don't argue that I do believe the Organization may be looking to cut costs where possible in this time of lower Revenue, I don't feel this Season's Gifts are a downgraded... and I won't argue with them on what they told me... the Yeti 20oz is one of the few Gifts of theirs that was unique and useful... rather than unique but merely thrown in the junk drawer/closet, or placed on a shelf to collect dust... I use my Yeti Tumbler almost daily one way or another... but I do understand that that may just be me.

9. Sawdalite

Yes, I should have said Tumbler rather than Cooler... mistake in terminology on my part... my apologies.

But it was very large for a Tumbler, and quite expensive... relatively speaking.

Young Sandwich likes this.
  10. b10

b10 Registered User

I asked a random rep at the table before the game tonight. I hadn't read saw's comments beforehand, but I was told the same thing. The blanket and tumbler were our Christmas gifts. He did mention that something else was coming later on, however. I didn't press him since I was cutting it close to puck drop, but I'd assume something to do with the Stadium Series.

Still, my STH partner (the girlfriend) brings up valid points all the time. We spend thousands of dollars on seats and they offer all of these cool items (she really wanted the beanie hat, Gritty ornament) to other people who buy tickets for a single game, special promo, whatever you want to call it. Meanwhile, we're out of luck and can't get those items. It's not a huge deal to me, but I do have to say that if I had to pick a side I would have to agree with her.

TheKingPin likes this.
  11. TheKingPin

TheKingPin HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

My wife is the same way haha.

12. GKJ

GKJ Global Moderator

I've got about 10 blankets from these people.

13. flyersjim73

flyersjim73 Registered User

Seriously, did nobody else get the chocolates as a Christmas gift from the Flyers? Mine arrived about 2 weeks ago...

14. PAZUZU

PAZUZU Registered User

I didn't get any

15. Breeze 44

Breeze 44 Registered User

I received the chocolates also. The Stadium series blanket is nice, very warm and the Yeti is well...a Yeti, lol

flyersjim73 likes this.
  16. ajgoal

ajgoal Registered User

NM.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  17. GKJ

GKJ Global Moderator

Nope.

18. djw99

djw99 Registered User

looking for 3 tickets to the flames game on Saturday.

19. TheKingPin

I did not get any chocolate.

20. Hollywood Couturier

Cool, cool.

Way to take care of your season ticket holders or people who already have tickets.

I remember the days when everyone in attendance got a bobblehead and not just people that bought special tickets....

TheKingPin likes this.
  21. b10

b10 Registered User

unbelievable

22. Sawdalite

I was thinking the same thing... But keep in mind they screwed the non-STMs the last go-around... plus only gave one set per Account, no matter the Seats... Just give everyone with a ticket for the Game a Voucher to get one Bobblehead upon entering the door... Fair and simple.

But I do have a question; I haven't seen the details... are we sure that they are only given out to people purchasing tickets post-STM purchases? Is there anywhere where they give any more Information?

Could they actually be creating a sure firestorm with this? SMH

23. Hollywood Couturier

It's what the Phillies have been doing for a while and what the Flyers started, at least to my knowledge, this season. They've had a couple special offers so far this season including giving away "Love Your Melon" Flyers beanies that they'll do again this season.

Special Offers

I wouldn't rule out them sending STH's the three pack like they did a few years ago but as it stands now the only way to get these Bobbleheads is to purchase that ticket package. If you had tickets before, you're out of luck and need to buy other tickets.

It's the trademark of a flailing franchise hurting to get people in the door so they do gimmicks like this.

Sawdalite likes this.
  24. Sawdalite

I hear you, HC... not happy though... and not counting on getting package. Last time it seems it was different.

25. TheKingPin

Wow I assumed it just meant those were the bobble head nights...that sad. This organization sucks now. That sucks. Anyone else thinking about ditching season tickets next year even after Hak got fired?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.