Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They will once they see more of him. He's that dynamic. He's been in Chicago which casual fans see twice a year and Columbus which is an afterthought. Dude is that damn good that when he's here he'd move the needle.

I'm talking about this summer though, before he gets on the ice. That goes back to me comparing him to Realmuto, a guy who is on a low-buzz franchise who is their best player and the likelihood is that more people are told he's a good player as opposed to having seen him be one. When Panarin was in Chicago, he was Rookie of the Year, but he wasn't a guy that was above the guys who have been accomplished there for years.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I'm talking about this summer though, before he gets on the ice. That goes back to me comparing him to Realmuto, a guy who is on a low-buzz franchise who is their best player and the likelihood is that more people are told he's a good player as opposed to having seen him be one. When Panarin was in Chicago, he was Rookie of the Year, but he wasn't a guy that was above the guys who have been accomplished there for years.

If that's true then you can't fix the Flyers in any of those people's eyes. I'd never want to get a guy with the hype of Harper right now. Have you seen his last couple years? He isn't going to produce for the contract he signed. Plain and simple.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Compare Panarin to getting Jimmy Butler or Bryce Harper. Panarin just isn't on that buzzworthy level - through no fault of his own, hockey just isn't that sport. There's about 3 or 4 guys in this sport that's that kind of mover, where has there's more in baseball and especially basketball.

I think the work would be on the back end trying to convince people he's a star player given he has PPG average. It would be like if the Phillies never got Harper and stopped with Realmuto - a guy people have heard of, but know he's good because people are told he is. Fans who follow this team would buy in, they already are. But I don't think getting Panarin bring back any of the eyes that left and went to the Sixers or elsewhere. Karlsson would actually have a better shot at it, people know him as one of the top defensemen, even though the risk might be greater.

As someone who is not a fan of baseball or basketball I had no idea who those players were until they were acquired and rumored to come here. So in that sense, yes you would need a mcdavid or Crosby to move the needle. I’m not sure you’ll get any added benifit hype wise for Tavares vs Panarin. But the casual hockey fan likely does know who Panarin is. Escpecially the fans that were turned off from the last few years. You have to fill a 20k seat stadium. A baseball park is a lot harder to fill and fill more often. The flyers have plenty of loyal and sub loyal fans that will respond to hiring of Q and Panarin. Really if they underachieve and suck it won’t matter so the goal should be to get better. And that includes a guy like Panarin for us. So it fits well anyway.

jmatchett383

Apr 1, 2019
Hey guys, new here. I was wondering if anyone has a pair of tix (preferably upper level) for the Canes game next weekend. Please let me know. Thanks.

sregdoor

Jun 22, 2018
Are the Prague tickets available and if so does anyone have a link? I thought I signed up for a notice on when they would go on sale but did not get anything. I am not very techie so I may have screwed something up.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Still nothing on Town Hall Meeting... is this going to be another year where they finally end up saying that it's too late, why bother?... and can it?

May actually not be a bad decision.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen if they don’t do it.

Not sure if you're being serious or not... but playing off you are; There is already a precedent when a few Seasons back they delayed it and then, when the Season was over, cancelled it -- I honestly forget if it was because they were focusing on the PlayOffs... or had missed them -- That being said, there is nothing in the STM Contract that I know of that ensures our having one... and it is something that was instituted fairly recently, and hasn't been held every Season since it was... merely most of them... and I'm guessing that in our STM Contract there is words stating that just about everything is 'Subject to Change'.

The Town Hall was indeed advertised... but I don't believe guaranteed.

IMO since Hextall gained Power the THM has changed greatly... I believe Hexy wasn't a fan of it; just my feelings... he wasn't a fan of many Off-Ice Events... This was a turbulent Season that didn't go as expected in so many ways... and while it would be great to have a THM, it probably is better to just sweep the Season under the rug and just concentrate on making changes to get back to the Clarke/Homer Era, but adjusted for the Cap Era and Current CBA... without actually discussing the nuts and bolts with the STMs... at this point of the Process.

While interesting to hear the Organization take on things... it may be best to not... for all involved.

"The Flyers: A New Beginning"

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Oh god yeah, and you couldn’t make sure you had the same seat for all three.

But that was an advantage price-wise... I got better Seats for the Alumni/AHL Games with great view, allowing more enjoyment rather than merely being at the Event like st WC... without having to go the expensive route at the WC itself. Our WC view off 3rd Base wasn't much better than Right Field at Fenway was.

The Voucher Settlement was actually pretty nice IIRC... mitigated the cost of going to the Satellite Games.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Ticket selling adds appear to be out the window with Q, Hughes, and likely Panarin gone. Seems like they will have to make moves that will result in winning over just selling tickets. Hopefully they can get it right.

im542

Sep 12, 2013
Yeah. They made STH buy tickets to all three Winter Classic events (WC, AHL, and alumni) where as Joe Schmo could just buy the WC.

I never bought the AHL and alumni games as a full STH.

Actually they charged full STH who renewed in the spring/summer for 44 games as usual including one scheduled vs the NYRangers Jan 1 THEN refunded the game and the tickets for that game had to be purchased from the NHL separately. Bait and switch is illegal.

The class action suit settlement was a $45 food voucher for each seat on the account. At least one individual who sued separately received a couple thousand dollars in a settlement.

It's the reason all STH now get a "contract" and why there were only 43 games last season (and this upcoming season I imagine) also.

Here's the settlement explanation:

Comcast, Philadelphia Flyers Reach Class Action Settlement Over Winter Classic Tickets

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I never bought the AHL and alumni games as a full STH.

Actually they charged full STH who renewed in the spring/summer for 44 games as usual including one scheduled vs the NYRangers Jan 1 THEN refunded the game and the tickets for that game had to be purchased from the NHL separately. Bait and switch is illegal.

The class action suit settlement was a $45 food voucher for each seat on the account. At least one individual who sued separately received a couple thousand dollars in a settlement.

It's the reason all STH now get a "contract" and why there were only 43 games last season (and this upcoming season I imagine) also.

Here's the settlement explanation:

Comcast, Philadelphia Flyers Reach Class Action Settlement Over Winter Classic Tickets
Devils pulled that exact same scam (having 2 fewer preseason games and only 40 regular season games) and when I asked to be credited for the cost of the lost game I was told "Tough shit". And my rep can't figure out why I dropped my tickets and won't even bother to answer his calls.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Unless I’ve been doing it wrong, I log in to my Flyers Ticket account and list them that way. I get hit for 10%.

Hmm I’ve never actually done the math on it. I was always just told it was 5% for Flyers STM. I don’t sell that many tickets anyways, but if that does apply, I would not be thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad