Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah... so remember that time I said I wasn't going to renew?

Turns out I did renew and then the Select A Seat happened and they the Flyers got me...

So I now have a pair of Ice Row seats in Section 115 on the Aisle.

I'm going to attempt to sell most of them so if anyone has any interest on sitting up against the glass please let me know.

SN8UINz.png

Haha nice. Is that the section with the loaded tickets?

I’ll also be selling my tickets. 7 rows back. Wouldn’t mind trying your seats out for a game. Still have never sat on the ice. Hoping for a profitable year!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Haha nice. Is that the section with the loaded tickets?

I’ll also be selling my tickets. 7 rows back. Wouldn’t mind trying your seats out for a game. Still have never sat on the ice. Hoping for a profitable year!

They have access to the Center City Club, all inclusive food/drink (beer and wine). I’m unsure if they still have money loaded onto the tickets also, like ice row has in the past.

Reactions: TheKingPin

NickC55

Jun 30, 2019
Hi all - not familiar with this board but hoping there are some active members who can lend some insight.

I’m from Ohio, been a Flyers fan for about 10 years now. Never been to Philly (let alone a game there). November 29th I am planning on attending my first one.

Here’s what I’m wondering... because the trip will be a good amount of money (hotel, maybe a car, tickets, beers...), I’m trying to get my tickets as cheap as possible.

My plan is to wait until the day of and get them electronically as cheap as possible off stubhub.

Does anyone have any experience with this? And just as importantly, if this plan fails for some reason, are tickets always available the day of? Can I just buy them at the stadium right before the game?

Any insight would be really appreciated.

-Nick

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Hi all - not familiar with this board but hoping there are some active members who can lend some insight.

I’m from Ohio, been a Flyers fan for about 10 years now. Never been to Philly (let alone a game there). November 29th I am planning on attending my first one.

Here’s what I’m wondering... because the trip will be a good amount of money (hotel, maybe a car, tickets, beers...), I’m trying to get my tickets as cheap as possible.

My plan is to wait until the day of and get them electronically as cheap as possible off stubhub.

Does anyone have any experience with this? And just as importantly, if this plan fails for some reason, are tickets always available the day of? Can I just buy them at the stadium right before the game?

-Nick

You can definitely get them day of the game on StubHub. There’s usually scalpers floating around the stadium as well.

The Black Friday game unfortunately is typically a pretty expensive one as it’s a popular game. Prices will also depend on how the Flyers start the season.

I’d wait till season ticket holders get their tickets in hand (beginning of September), and take a look at StubHub then. That will give you a good idea what you’re looking at once the general public starts selling their tickets. After that, it’s just going to depend on how the Flyers are playing whether prices go up or down - so you can factor in whether you want to take the risk.

You might also want to keep an eye out when the Flyers open up their single game sales as for more expensive games it can be better to get them straight from the source rather than resale if possible. I believe that’s usually beginning of September as well, but don’t quote me (I have season tickets so I don’t pay that close of attention).

Just out of curiosity, what part of Ohio are you from? I actually spent a little more time growing up in Ohio than I did Philly area, although I grew up in both places.

Reactions: RANKKA

NickC55

Jun 30, 2019
You can definitely get them day of the game on StubHub. There’s usually scalpers floating around the stadium as well.

The Black Friday game unfortunately is typically a pretty expensive one as it’s a popular game. Prices will also depend on how the Flyers start the season.

I’d wait till season ticket holders get their tickets in hand (beginning of September), and take a look at StubHub then. That will give you a good idea what you’re looking at once the general public starts selling their tickets. After that, it’s just going to depend on how the Flyers are playing whether prices go up or down - so you can factor in whether you want to take the risk.

You might also want to keep an eye out when the Flyers open up their single game sales as for more expensive games it can be better to get them straight from the source rather than resale if possible. I believe that’s usually beginning of September as well, but don’t quote me (I have season tickets so I don’t pay that close of attention).

Just out of curiosity, what part of Ohio are you from? I actually spent a little more time growing up in Ohio than I did Philly area, although I grew up in both places.

Thanks so much for all the valuable info! One thing I wonder is, how risky/beneficial would it be to wait until that morning to buy tickets. Wondering if we can get in on some tickets someone is unloading last second, therefore they are cheaper...

We’ll see I guess...

I’m from just south of Cleveland!

-Nick

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Thanks so much for all the valuable info! One thing I wonder is, how risky/beneficial would it be to wait until that morning to buy tickets. Wondering if we can get in on some tickets someone is unloading last second, therefore they are cheaper...

We’ll see I guess...

I’m from just south of Cleveland!

-Nick

It just entirely depends on how the team is doing. If they’re playing well it could actually backfire and prices could go up. If not, then you could potentially get them for real cheap. It also depends on how many tickets your looking for. 2 are usually easy to get. 4 is a little tougher. More than that can be particularly tough.

What city if you don’t mind me asking? I grew up in Wadsworth...

NickC55

Jun 30, 2019
It just entirely depends on how the team is doing. If they’re playing well it could actually backfire and prices could go up. If not, then you could potentially get them for real cheap. It also depends on how many tickets your looking for. 2 are usually easy to get. 4 is a little tougher. More than that can be particularly tough.

What city if you don’t mind me asking? I grew up in Wadsworth...

Yeah I’m just looking for two tickets, so hopefully it’ll be a little easier. I married into a Red Wings family (which is when I was introduce to hockey and became a fan of the Flyers), so it’s my brother in law (a red wings fan) and myself going.

Your advice makes sense though, I’ll just have to pay close attention as the season starts.

And don’t mind you asking at all! Born and raised in Brunswick!

-Nick

Reactions: flyersjim73

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Are you flying in? I ask because really with the price of airfare and a car you could probably save money by driving if you got the time as it's less than 9 hours from Philly area to Sandusky which is a good hour west of you. I know that drive well as I do it almost yearly.

NickC55

Jun 30, 2019
Are you flying in? I ask because really with the price of airfare and a car you could probably save money by driving if you got the time as it's less than 9 hours from Philly area to Sandusky which is a good hour west of you. I know that drive well as I do it almost yearly.

I’m driving - afraid of flying haha. Yeah it’s 6.5 hours or so. Probably will rent a cheap sedan though so we don’t put those miles on one of our cars...

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

-Nick

Black Friday is typically the most expensive game if the year. But also typically against the rangers. I would personally think you’ll find cheaper deals the day of or week before than whenever you can buy them now. If you are pretty open you’ll find something good. Before Xmas and the eagles season ends you’ll only be in trouble if they are coming off a 9 game win streak or something.

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
Hi guys, we're coming over from the UK for a hockey tour. Gonna be in philly for the edmonton game in march.

In terms of tickets, getting 3 together in good seats, should we buy now, wait for season start or even closer to game day?

Thanks!

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hi guys, we're coming over from the UK for a hockey tour. Gonna be in philly for the edmonton game in march.

In terms of tickets, getting 3 together in good seats, should we buy now, wait for season start or even closer to game day?

Thanks!
I would personally go with buying it now. I think they will be a good team. The games in March will be important. It’s an afternoon game against McDavid. I would think it would be a sell out.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Guess they’re going 100% digital now. No ticket stubs anymore.

Wait...What!?!?!?

Are you saying that there is no longer the Printed Ticket Option? What is your source on this?

There was no Town Hall this past Season... but in the more recent prior ones, it was made clear to us STMs that they would be working with us on getting what we prefer, rather than forcing anything on us... Could they be changing their minds and forcing us go Digital?

Of so, they are excluding all those who do not use SmartPhones, and have no Printers... forcing STMs to obtain outside printing... and taking away collecting the hard cardboard tickets--leaving them the printed paper to collect...hardly the same--and, more importantly, muddying the waters for the majority of the Accounts who Share and/or Sell Tickets.

I personally hope this is not the case.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Wait...What!?!?!?

Are you saying that there is no longer the Printed Ticket Option? What is your source on this?

There was no Town Hall this past Season... but in the more recent prior ones, it was made clear to us STMs that they would be working with us on getting what we prefer, rather than forcing anything on us... Could they be changing their minds and forcing us go Digital?

Of so, they are excluding all those who do not use SmartPhones, and have no Printers... forcing STMs to obtain outside printing... and taking away collecting the hard cardboard tickets--leaving them the printed paper to collect...hardly the same--and, more importantly, muddying the waters for the majority of the Accounts who Share and/or Sell Tickets.

I personally hope this is not the case.

Saw it on Facebook. All digital or you can print them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad