Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
My buddy called the other day to not renew. They have him the “Fletcher has a plan, he’s going to do something big and Hart is the goalie for the next billion years.” He also urged my buddy to take until Thursday (today) to reconsider. Aka I’m assuming they’re going to offer tickets to the Europe games as a benefit.
Maybe I’m just drinking the cool aide but it is true. They will add some big pieces one way or another. Likely both ways with UFA and trade. And Hart May have nearly 20 years left. But the money increases and relocation are bs enough to walk away.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Maybe I’m just drinking the cool aide but it is true. They will add some big pieces one way or another. Likely both ways with UFA and trade. And Hart May have nearly 20 years left. But the money increases and relocation are bs enough to walk away.

I mean I can easily see it all happening but when my tickets went up $16 total a game and there were multiple games where I couldn’t even get $16 for the pair, that’s tough to swallow.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I mean I can easily see it all happening but when my tickets went up $16 total a game and there were multiple games where I couldn’t even get $16 for the pair, that’s tough to swallow.

No doubt. I've had games where I got $16 for the pair also this season. I am probably also just drinking the Kool-aid but I am re upping next year as mine are only going up 8 for the pair.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

No doubt. I've had games where I got $16 for the pair also this season. I am probably also just drinking the Kool-aid but I am re upping next year as mine are only going up 8 for the pair.

Mine are going up a lot but I’m hoping to get more back where I am relocating to

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I got one of the nice perks last season. The bar upstairs two rows behind me. The bathroom was a joke but the bar is nice if you need a refill mid period
Yea it’s nice to have those things close to your section. I guess they are completely removing my section or at least 30 seats of it which is a lot bc it’s a corner section. I havent had a chance to see what’s around the new potential site. It will be better for where we park at least

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Yea it’s nice to have those things close to your section. I guess they are completely removing my section or at least 30 seats of it which is a lot bc it’s a corner section. I havent had a chance to see what’s around the new potential site. It will be better for where we park at least
My rep knows the only question is am I renewing. I walk out to the concourse and the bathrooms are right there. I got good food options nearby. Now that that bar is above me. I can get drinks including soda there. Why would I move except to move down the section?

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
So I did the deed today and drank some more Kool-Aid. I did swap from a 9 month payment to a 12 month payment schedule. Heck if they want to start payments earlier I'm going to drag them out longer. But I'll be back in my same seats for next season.

Reactions: flyersjim73

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Soooo the Prague game tickets will be on sale starting on March the 27th - and I am really not sure waht my budget will be, haha. It is a "once in a long while" thing, but still.. haha

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Soooo the Prague game tickets will be on sale starting on March the 27th - and I am really not sure waht my budget will be, haha. It is a "once in a long while" thing, but still.. haha
I looked at just travel expenses and nope it's not doable for me. I'll take off work and sit at home and daydrink.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
I also called my rep today. After a long (1 hour plus) phone call about various topics and benefits of being a ticket member, I also re-upped for one more year. I was set against it going into the call, but I changed my mind during the talk and after another lengthy discussion with my STM partner (gf).

I did ask about the Town Hall and my rep confirmed that the Town Hall is indeed still happening this year. He said it was confirmed, though a date hasn't been confirmed yet. He said it might happen after the season concludes.

My rep also informed me that the city is increasing parking rates next year from $20 to $22/game. I opted to pre pay for the parking, receiving the 20% off rate. I was able to spread this across the payment plan.

We talked about the various 'special ticket giveaways' they had throughout the year (beanie, bobbleheads). If you really want something, you should call and ask your rep if he can get it. Mine took care of me and explained the process behind them.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I also called my rep today. After a long (1 hour plus) phone call about various topics and benefits of being a ticket member, I also re-upped for one more year. I was set against it going into the call, but I changed my mind during the talk and after another lengthy discussion with my STM partner (gf).

I did ask about the Town Hall and my rep confirmed that the Town Hall is indeed still happening this year. He said it was confirmed, though a date hasn't been confirmed yet. He said it might happen after the season concludes.

My rep also informed me that the city is increasing parking rates next year from $20 to $22/game. I opted to pre pay for the parking, receiving the 20% off rate. I was able to spread this across the payment plan.

We talked about the various 'special ticket giveaways' they had throughout the year (beanie, bobbleheads). If you really want something, you should call and ask your rep if he can get it. Mine took care of me and explained the process behind them.

Congrats. I hope it’s as good as we are expecting.

I thought the 20% off parking was for everyone with season tickets. Is it just for prepaid parking?

I also have long convos with my wife about tickets. Wasn’t any easier this year.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

I think that's one thing we forget as fans that the city not the teams are in charge of the parking fees.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
Congrats. I hope it’s as good as we are expecting.

I thought the 20% off parking was for everyone with season tickets. Is it just for prepaid parking?

I also have long convos with my wife about tickets. Wasn’t any easier this year.
My rep told me that in order to get the discounted parking you must pre-purchase it through the team.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
My rep told me that in order to get the discounted parking you must pre-purchase it through the team.

Between the Concession/Merchandise/XfintyLive Discounts and this Parking one, it appears that they want to tighten the screws on maintaining STM only situation... as well as getting upfront Cash and Commitments. They are trying, I imagine, to keep the Perks for their STM... and with at least the Sales, keeping the cashflow coming in, while mitigating the Discouts a little with cash to work with.

I image though STMs can purchase the Parking and then sell that off with their Tickets... and I guess that's what they'd have to do anyway without upfront purchase... but again, its cash in their Accounts up front to play with. Do the Flyers get any commission from the City on Parking sold through them? If not, it's only a convenience for the STMs.

In any case... I guess the Organization is scrambling for ways to make Fans believe its beneficial to be STM.

Of course the best way to do that is to return to the days of Perpetual Contenders.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
$2 off parking, big deal. I don’t park in that lot most of the time anyways.

I’ll have my call today and see what happens. Bottom line is what can they offer me that makes up for $1700 that I lost this year, and even more before that, though ultimately that is my risk. It’s not like the value went up when the team started playing better and Hart showed up. I went online the day they went live on stubhub this season and on Day 1 the prices are down 30%. That was before yet another bad start.

They’ll make all the trades they want, and I’m sure they will, but they’re not going to get an earth-moving star player that frankly they need to compete in this town right now.

Last edited:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Much appreciated, thank you.

Seems like a pre-sale is going on at ticketportal.cz - I have received a newsletter from NHL.com with information regarding the pre-sale. I would post the link but I am not sure if it is allowed by the NHL (copying the link).

The more expensive seats are on sale right now, from 3.490 CZK ($150) to 7.990 CZK ($350).

I have registered for the newsletter through this facebook post:

Reactions: ellja3

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
$2 off parking, big deal. I don’t park in that lot most of the time anyways.

I’ll have my call today and see what happens. Bottom line is what can they offer me that makes up for $1700 that I lost this year, and even more before that, though ultimately that is my risk. It’s not like the value went up when the team started playing better and Hart showed up. I went online the day they went live on stubhub this season and on Day 1 the prices are down 30%. That was before yet another bad start.

They’ll make all the trades they want, and I’m sure they will, but they’re not going to get an earth-moving star player that frankly they need to compete in this town right now.

Good luck. I saw my ticket values increase when Hart came up. I think a lot of people were expecting the same with Hakstol. If we get Q and Panarin and play well I think the tickets should sell better. I’m chugging the cool aid though so don’t listen to me.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The other thing with making big moves as a selling point, like, they still did that last summer. JVR was the 2nd biggest guy on the free agent market last year other than Tavares. So, like, you did that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->