Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Two-Way Contract with C Ryan White

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hextall has more power than Berube. He's Berube's boss. If he doesn't like Rinaldo he can waive or trade him.

Yes, but he's repeatedly said that all lineup decisions are up to Berube. I don't think Hextall wants to get rid of a player to force Berube's hand.

Basically it's not a matter of if Hextall can do it, it's a matter of will Hextall do it. I don't think so.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I swear, Berube must have had a one night stand with Ronaldo's mother and he's actually Rinaldos dad, and feels he owes Rinaldo for abandoning him. That's the only way he is actually dumb enough to play Rinaldo

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hextall has more power than Berube. He's Berube's boss. If he doesn't like Rinaldo he can waive or trade him.

Eh, we'll see. Usually a player being waived in and of itself is the coach's decision, not the GM as I understand it, assuming there are no cap issues that need attention. If Berube wants a guy from the Phantoms and wants to waive Rinaldo, he'll do it. If Berube wants Rinaldo playing and Hextall doesn't, I don't imagine a scenario where Hextall waives Rinaldo against the wishes of Berube. It is either Berube's decision alone, assuming there are no cap-related issues, or it is a joint decision. I don't think the GM makes these calls. Obviously, I am neither a GM or a coach so I don't know for sure, but that is how I understand it.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Maybe White could mentor the stupid out of Rinaldo's game. White managed to straighten out. If Rinaldo managed to get a decent hang of that positioning thing, he'd be golden as a fourth line player. Right now, he shouldn't even be an option to play in the NHL.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I Hextall is building competition. He has said he isn't handing people jobs because their names. I know that was directed toward the prospects but maybe his overall philosophy.
Last season, when Zac took dumb penalties Rosehill was really only alternative. This season Jones and White will be waiting to take his time. Hopefully, Zac turns a corner.

Personally, I think Zac gets moved. I can see Burke giving a 3rd for him.

Mynameismark*

I know most Canadiens fans hated the guy. Don't know much about him honestly.

Way off. We mostly admired him and appreciated is game. Those that did not drank Therriends biased kool aid or just dont like the tougher kind of game.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I see alot of people not too happy getting white here.

The funny thing is, I couldn't think of a better suited Philadelphia flyer than White.

In his early years with the Canadiens, Ryan white basically embodied what it was to be a broad street bully.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
I see alot of people not too happy getting white here.

The funny thing is, I couldn't think of a better suited Philadelphia flyer than White.

In his early years with the Canadiens, Ryan white basically embodied what it was to be a broad street bully.

Because we're not the broad street bullies anymore.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
On it's own it's whatever till we see what happens. If he replaces Rinaldo then cool, if he goes to the AHL then I don't care either way, if both he and Rinaldo play then I will start seeing my eyes glaze over with anger. If those two and Rosehill make up the fourth line in any point in time I might destroy the Wells Fargo.

On the bigger picture side, what the hell? Why didn't we sign one of the more useful and like able ones like Goc or Winnik? What the hell is going on with our bottom six with all these players?

SgtJoseph*

Can't wait to see the Rosehill-White-Rinaldo 4th line.:help:

I would absolutely love it ! I know i am certainly in the minority here, but i got my teeth cut on tough hard nosed hockey back in the late 60s 70s and enjoy the electricity, excitement, and mayhem a line like this can bring to a game if used correctly..Signing White was an awesome move by Hexty ! Drop the puck !

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I would absolutely love it ! I know i am certainly in the minority here, but i got my teeth cut on tough hard nosed hockey back in the late 60s 70s and enjoy the electricity, excitement, and mayhem a line like this can bring to a game if used correctly..Signing. White was an awesome move by Hexty ! Drop the puck !

That line would be a complete disaster and a huge liability on the ice.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I appreciate the contributions here from Habs fans, and it is refreshing to read supportive posts about what he brings to the ice. Being a Montrealer, I have had ample opportunity to see White's tenure with the Canadiens. He absolutely represents an upgrade over Rinaldo in that he can PK and can take defensive-zone faceoffs, and an upgrade over Hall in the speed department.

I am not convinced, however, that White has turned the page on taking stupid penalties or on layout out suspension-worthy hits. It's the nature of the fringe-NHLer energy guy; he has to play on the edge to be noticed enough to stay in the line-up.

If the plan is to keep Laughton in the AHL unless he blows away the coaches during camp, a 4th line centred by White and without Rinaldo will be a step forward from the quality vacuum this line represented last season.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I appreciate the contributions here from Habs fans, and it is refreshing to read supportive posts about what he brings to the ice. Being a Montrealer, I have had ample opportunity to see White's tenure with the Canadiens. He absolutely represents an upgrade over Rinaldo in that he can PK and can take defensive-zone faceoffs, and an upgrade over Hall in the speed department.

I am not convinced, however, that White has turned the page on taking stupid penalties or on layout out suspension-worthy hits. It's the nature of the fringe-NHLer energy guy; he has to play on the edge to be noticed enough to stay in the line-up.

If the plan is to keep Laughton in the AHL unless he blows away the coaches during camp, a 4th line centred by White and without Rinaldo will be a step forward from the quality vacuum this line represented last season.
I really hope they give Laughton a chance to play with the big club.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I don't think there's any doubt that Laughton will be in the NHL at some point this year. Injuries will happen and players will slump. Laughton will assuredly get his chance, and I'm convinced he'll run with it. He doesn't exactly have a ton of competition for call up duty, either.

The only thing up in the air is the opening day roster. I do think the deck is stacked against him right now...but all he has to do is outperform Ryan White in training camp, and the spot is his, so it's not exactly a long shot either.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
If Lecavalier continues to disappoint and not play well at center then Laughton has a very good chance of making the team at some point, I'd say. If Lecavalier doesn't work well at center then we have kind of a gaping hole there. Kind of.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00