Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Two-Way Contract with C Ryan White

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
He will take care of our young talent in the minors and play on the big club if need be. Good pick up.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
He played in the nhl last year, has to be incase Laughton isn't ready. And he played for the hitmen :laugh: so that's sanheim, fasleev, and white, whose next?

Can't believe I forgot about that hit. What the ****

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
If he's better at playing than Rinaldo then I guess that's fine but theyre definitely cut from the same cloth. There's no way both of them play on the 4th line, so I guess it's alright having a guaranteed psychopath in the AHL to protect the rooks.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Curious signing for sure. I won't be pissed off about it until Rinaldo and White are in the lineup together. If that's ever the case, I will be irate.

If he's signed to replace Rinaldo, then I'll actually say that I quite like this signing.

As a 13th forward, he seems to be a decent option.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I know hes an ahler but i dont like it. He looks like he doesnt have great numbers AHL, or NHL. The other moves that hextall made make sense. I thought the goal here was to surround your younger talented guys with people who can compete at the ahl level. the guy offers nothing.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
If he's signed for league minimum he's at least a good option to sit as a spare and not worry about his ice time. From the stat sheet it looks like he calmed down a bit last year with only 50 PIM in 52 GP.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I know hes an ahler but i dont like it. He looks like he doesnt have great numbers AHL, or NHL. The other moves that hextall made make sense. I thought the goal here was to surround your younger talented guys with people who can compete at the ahl level. the guy offers nothing.

Protecting your talent is an additional reality that organizations face and have to deal with. White's just a part of that. I definitely support it and I guess this means lends to Ghoul's likeliness to be going back down for another year in the WHL.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Rinaldo-White-Rosehill That'll be fun :facepalm:

Ok, so in reality MTL fans say he's a really good faceoff guy that can PK and has a little bit of hockey sense. A 4th line of Raffl-White-Bellemare sounds good to me I think. Sandpaper in the lineup isn't bad as long as they can add something else. I like Rinaldo personally but if he can bring what Rinaldo brings and actually play a little bit while adding faceoff ability then thats a good thing.

Last edited:

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I'm confused by what this means for the fourth line, though.

We have Bellemarre, White, Rinaldo, Akeson, Laughton, and Rosehill in the mix for those three spots.

It would seem Laughton will start in the AHL. Otherwise, that means Akeson, Rinaldo, or Rosehill will need to be waived to clear room. I don't see that happening, so seems like we're heading for a fourth line of Bellemarre-White-Rinaldo.

I don't like it. Why couldn't we have signed McClement or Goc or one of the other fifty useful guys on the open market for cheap?

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Protecting your talent is an additional reality that organizations face and have to deal with. White's just a part of that. I definitely support it and I guess this means lends to Ghoul's likeliness to be going back down for another year in the WHL.

He wont protect crap though, watched some of his fights and a good number of them it looks like he held on for his life and took a bunch of dumb penalties with them.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/118351 just because of wayne simmonds having a seizure on top of him at the end

he gets in four fights a year...wouldnt scare anyone

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2