Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Two-Way Contract with C Ryan White

RJ8812*

Vinny just needs to stay relatively healthy. If he does, he'll be fine and productive (just like he was before his injury problems)

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I don't think there's any doubt that Laughton will be in the NHL at some point this year. Injuries will happen and players will slump. Laughton will assuredly get his chance, and I'm convinced he'll run with it. He doesn't exactly have a ton of competition for call up duty, either.

The only thing up in the air is the opening day roster. I do think the deck is stacked against him right now...but all he has to do is outperform Ryan White in training camp, and the spot is his, so it's not exactly a long shot either.

Idk about that. I remember Hextall saying he wants prospects to break the doors down and really wow them in order to make the team. He can play better than White, which isn't really an accomplishment, and still end up centering the 1st line in LV.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Idk about that. I remember Hextall saying he wants prospects to break the doors down and really wow them in order to make the team. He can play better than White, which isn't really an accomplishment, and still end up centering the 1st line in LV.

You're right. That was too strong of a statement by me. He will need to convincingly outperform White to earn that spot, but I maintain that he will be in the NHL sooner than later. Probably not on opening day, but with injuries, Laughton will almost definitely get his opportunity not long into the season.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Habs fan... I really like Ryan White and I am really not pleased that he was let go. He is ALL heart and grit, fun to watch.

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
If you thought Zac Rinaldo took stupid penalties, think again!!! 10X worse, and doesn't draw them!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If you thought Zac Rinaldo took stupid penalties, think again!!! 10X worse, and doesn't draw them!

Rinaldo took 29 minors, 7 majors, 4 misconducts, 1 game misconduct and 1 match penalty in 515 minutes of ice time. White took 10 minors, 4 majors and 1 misconduct in 505 minutes.

Rinaldo's Penalty Differential was -13. White's was -3.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. :laugh:

Last edited:

RJ8812*

10 times worse?
lmao.

White has 232 PIMS in 141 career NHL games.
Rinaldo has 470 PIMS in 165 career NHL games.

but yeah White is the one who is more undisciplined :laugh:

Comparing total PIMs doesnt help. You're better off just counting non-fighting majors or minors that were coincidental

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I will never understand the love affair for Zac Rinaldo. For a fanbase that repeatedly cries over the Flyers being ''stuck in the 70's'' (which isn't true ftr) they sure cling on to those types of players.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I like ryan white as 4th line center. He is actually a decent player.

Schenn/Giroux/Voracek
Simmonds/Couturier/Read
Umberger/Lecavalier/Akeson
Bellemare/White/Raffl
Rinaldo/Jones

Thats a much improved Forward group then last year.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I like ryan white as 4th line center. He is actually a decent player.

Schenn/Giroux/Voracek
Simmonds/Couturier/Read
Umberger/Lecavalier/Akeson
Bellemare/White/Raffl
Rinaldo/Jones

Thats a much improved Forward group then last year.

Really doubtful that Jones will see any time with the Flyers. He'll be behind Rosehill and probably White in a group with Powe and VanVelde, for a 4th line/13thF spot, and that assume Laughton won't make the team.

Umberger/Giroux/Voracek
Raffl/Schenn/Simmonds
Read/Couturier/Akeson
Bellemare/Lecavalier/Rinaldo
Rosehill

Call ups: White, Powe, VanVelde,Jones.

RJ8812*

Really doubtful that Jones will see any time with the Flyers. He'll be behind Rosehill and probably White in a group with Powe and VanVelde, for a 4th line/13thF spot, and that assume Laughton won't make the team.

Umberger/Giroux/Voracek
Raffl/Schenn/Simmonds
Read/Couturier/Akeson
Bellemare/Lecavalier/Rinaldo
Rosehill

Call ups: White, Powe, VanVelde,Jones.

Powe is only signed to an AHL contract. Sure he can be signed to an NHL deal, but as of right now, he can't play for the Flyers

MadFerIt95*

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Umberger-Vinny-Simmonds
Akeson-Couts-Read
Bellamare-Laughton-Raffl

Raffl and Umberger are interchangeable really

Moondog47

Feb 5, 2014
Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Umberger-Vinny-Simmonds
Akeson-Couts-Read
Bellamare-Laughton-Raffl

Raffl and Umberger are interchangeable really

I may be in the minority but I would prefer Laughton with 1st Line C minutes for the Phantoms and not 4th line minutes with the Flyers.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I may be in the minority but I would prefer Laughton with 1st Line C minutes for the Phantoms and not 4th line minutes with the Flyers.

Not alone. I would have White playing there. That's why we got him IMO. Allow Laughton to FORCE his way onto the team. Let him learn to play against men and show he is too good for the AHL before bringing him up.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Quote this post six weeks from now if I'm wrong, but I think Laughton will kill it in camp and make it impossible for the Flyers to leave him off the team.

MadFerIt95*

Not alone. I would have White playing there. That's why we got him IMO. Allow Laughton to FORCE his way onto the team. Let him learn to play against men and show he is too good for the AHL before bringing him up.

Im fine with either but like the poster below I think Laughton is going to have a good camp and make the team.

Also, with Couturier and Giroux already on the team and they will be the 2 best centers for the foreseeable future, Laughton (If he pans out) will just be our 3rd line center so playing him on the 4th line in his rookie year wont really hurt his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad