Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Two-Way Contract with C Ryan White

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I'm confused by what this means for the fourth line, though.

We have Bellemarre, White, Rinaldo, Akeson, Laughton, and Rosehill in the mix for those three spots.

It would seem Laughton will start in the AHL. Otherwise, that means Akeson, Rinaldo, or Rosehill will need to be waived to clear room. I don't see that happening, so seems like we're heading for a fourth line of Bellemarre-White-Rinaldo.

I don't like it. Why couldn't we have signed McClement or Goc or one of the other fifty useful guys on the open market for cheap?

Akeson will be in the top 9. We also signed Blair Jones as well, I'm assuming he will be with the Phantoms though. Laughton at this point I think is guarenteed to play in the AHL this year. I'm betting Rosehill is waived and your 13th forward is Rinaldo.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
If this guy plays regular minutes for the Flyers, I'll lose all faith that they will ever get over having at least one useless goon getting minutes on the fourth line.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Akeson will be in the top 9. We also signed Blair Jones as well, I'm assuming he will be with the Phantoms though. Laughton at this point I think is guarenteed to play in the AHL this year. I'm betting Rosehill is waived and your 13th forward is Rinaldo.

Akeson will be in the top nine in place of whom? Raffl? Lecavalier? Umberger? I doubt it.

Blair Jones will push to be a call up, but I doubt he'll have any consideration for the opening day roster.

I'd love for Rosehill to be waived, and I think it may happen, but it doesn't appear that Rinaldo will be the 13th forward.

If I were to bet, I see them starting with Bellemarre-White-Rinaldo as the fourth line, and that frustrates me.

EDIT: That said, they would have likely re-signed Hall instead if they wanted a mediocre fourth line center, so maybe White will be the 13th forward. Neither Hall nor White are good options as regular players. White makes a good 13th forward, but he should not be a regular.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm confused by what this means for the fourth line, though.

We have Bellemarre, White, Rinaldo, Akeson, Laughton, and Rosehill in the mix for those three spots.

It would seem Laughton will start in the AHL. Otherwise, that means Akeson, Rinaldo, or Rosehill will need to be waived to clear room. I don't see that happening, so seems like we're heading for a fourth line of Bellemarre-White-Rinaldo.

I don't like it. Why couldn't we have signed McClement or Goc or one of the other fifty useful guys on the open market for cheap?

None of those guys would sign two-way deals. This just a depth signing IMO. I'm not penciling him into the top 12 just yet.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Akeson will be in the top nine in place of whom? Raffl? Lecavalier? Umberger? I doubt it.

Blair Jones will push to be a call up, but I doubt he'll have any consideration for the opening day roster.

I'd love for Rosehill to be waived, and I think it may happen, but it doesn't appear that Rinaldo will be the 13th forward.

If I were to bet, I see them starting with Bellemarre-White-Rinaldo as the fourth line, and that frustrates me.

EDIT: That said, they would have likely re-signed Hall instead if they wanted a mediocre fourth line center, so maybe White will be the 13th forward. Neither Hall nor White are good options as regular players. White makes a good 13th forward, but he should not be a regular.

The bolded will be on the 4th

I'll edit and say... Akeson will either be in the top 9 or not on the team. He's not a 4th line player. He's either playing with skilled guys or he's in the AHL. I'm fairly confident he makes the team though.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Talking to a few Habs buddies.

They like how intense he is on the ice and that he plays every shift like it's his last (maybe b/c he may never see the ice again :) ) He is a "penalty machine" according to one of my buddies....

I hope he stays in the AHL to help protect the kids.... (keep others honest)

edit: as per forecaster - http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?5740

Assets: Is a gritty, feisty energy forward who plays with an edge to his game. Will drop the gloves and be a constant thorn in opponents' sides. Was a scorer at lower levels.
Flaws: Isn't a great skater, which holds him back a little. Must prove capable of avoiding serious injury while playing his feisty brand of hockey at the highest level.
Career Potential: Rambunctious energy depth forward.

13th/14th fwd, call up I'm okay with it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm surprised at how well regarded he is by Montreal fans.

As for being a penalty machine he had 10 minors in 503:49 of ice time.

Rinaldo had 29 minors in 515:44.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I'm surprised at how well regarded he is by Montreal fans.

As for being a penalty machine he had 10 minors in 503:49 of ice time.

Rinaldo had 29 minors in 515:44.

Just basing it off what they said, he didn't play much but buddies say he always seemed to be in the box when he was on the ice.

If he can provide better anything than Rinaldo I'm all for it.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He is like Rinaldo....but can PK and win faceoffs. In essence, he is what they were trying to get Rinaldo to be later year...when he failed.

I hope this means Rosehill is demoted and Rinaldo the 13th F.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
None of those guys would sign two-way deals. This just a depth signing IMO. I'm not penciling him into the top 12 just yet.

You may be right, but he is an upgrade on Rinaldo and there is a hole at 4C if we don't plan on having Laughton up.

I just hope this kicks Rinaldo out of the lineup. At least White can play hockey. He's basically a mashup of Hall and Rinaldo.

Bellemarre-Laughton-White wouldn't be a bad fourth line.

The bolded will be on the 4th

I'll edit and say... Akeson will either be in the top 9 or not on the team. He's not a 4th line player. He's either playing with skilled guys or he's in the AHL. I'm fairly confident he makes the team though.
I doubt Raffl is on the fourth line. Berube loves him.

I also don't see why Akeson can't be on the fourth line. There's no rule that says your fourth line needs to be big and hard hitting. It's an archaic way of thinking, and unfortunately, I think Berube buys into it.

All I'm saying is that this complicates things. Someone is likely going to have to be waived. Hopefully it's Rinaldo and Rosehill.

JinzoBlaze

Jan 20, 2009
False. We liked him. He's a pest and a good one. I am actually really pissed he signed with the Flyers.

I stand corrected... I just remember being in a thread where he was getting bashed and people saying they couldn't wait til he was gone. Must've just been a bad day for him then :laugh:

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
I know most Canadiens fans hated the guy. Don't know much about him honestly.

Unfortunately there's a large, or loud, percentage of our (Montreal) fan base who are softer than butter. It's sickening.

I loved the old White. He hit, fought, but most importantly, defends his teammates. And then the coaching staff neutered him, and he was never the same. Hopefully your coaching staff know what to do with him.

I look forward to the beatings he'll dish out to our team :help:

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I stand corrected... I just remember being in a thread where he was getting bashed and people saying they couldn't wait til he was gone. Must've just been a bad day for him then :laugh:

I'd imagine he gets similar reactions/debates that we have with Rinaldo/Carcillo.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
This guy is such a yapping *****. Lol @ him being better than Rinaldo.

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009
This guy is such a yapping *****. Lol @ him being better than Rinaldo.

A player with half as many penalty minutes and just one less point in 24 less games who can also reportedly kill some penalties as well as do well with faceoffs......yes lol @ him being better than Rinaldo. Just taking less penalties than Rinaldo can help improve the team if they aren't playing at the same time.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
We went from a fringe playoff team to a contender with this signing..lol

But seriously, don't have a strong opinion either way on this guy yet. Last White we had (Peter) sucked his namesake...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad