Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Michal Neuvirth (2 Years $1.625AAV)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tremendous. Neuvirth was really the only goalie i would have considered giving more than a million to.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Fantastic. This is a great signing. 2 years ago mason was better with longer rest. This past season he was awful in back to back games.

Hopefully this remedies that and we can be not nervous when the backup is out there

I heard the Dallas GM yesterday say back to backs and the huge travel miles they face were they reason they got Niemi to be 1B with Lehtnonen.

Obviously the Flyers tarvel burden is a lot lighter, but playing goalies in back to backs is almost always a bad idea. Something Berube was too stupid to realize.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Great signing, good goalie,good value. Don't complain about to much $$, their are areas where you can't be a cheapskate, and this is the one position. Man can you see hexy working the phones for the next while. He probably has 10 teams on speed dial. McDonald,vinny,umberger, Luke Schenn, keep workin it baby.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Tim P is a genie. he was on sports rise with ron burke, the said if we can get a goalie to accept a deal around 1.5 that be great. 1.625 is flat out bullseye

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Between a good backup and 3v3 OT, the a Flyers will be better at not pissing away points next year.

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
I heard the Dallas GM yesterday say back to backs and the huge travel miles they face were they reason they got Niemi to be 1B with Lehtnonen.

Obviously the Flyers tarvel burden is a lot lighter, but playing goalies in back to backs is almost always a bad idea. Something Berube was too stupid to realize.

It does make a bit of sense for Dallas although a ton of money to goalies.

Also Masons road stats weren't nearly as good as his home stats. Bet we see a lot of Neuvirth on the road after home games.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Normal, reasonable backup price. Excellent.

I like Neuvirth. Caps are really good at finding goalie prospects. He just wasn't good enough to supplant Holtby. Not sure how far he will go in the NHL. Very athletic guy, but IMO relies on the athleticism too much and it holds him back.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Nice signing. Probably the only guy most of us were at all into as a backup and especially with Masons injury woes this past season. As mentioned about, small price to pay to avoid bleeding the point out like we did.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Way too early but if he can give Mason a run for his money would give us some leverage 2 years from now.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
excellent signing by Hextall. Neuvirth is a guy that I would not be uncomfortable with as a starter if Mason were to get hurt. Finally goaltending does not seem to be an issue with the Flyers and I got to admit, it feels damn good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad