Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Linus Sandin To One Year ELC

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I just hope he gets a fair shot and only a fair shot. As in, if he's good enough then he plays, but if he's not then he doesn't.

You'd think this would be obvious but given what we've seen...

No more bullshit like Farabee, Frost, and NAK in the AHL while indisputably inferior players are in the NHL.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
tenor.gif

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
I dont think it should be too tough tbh!

Protected:

Giroux, Hayes, Voracek, Couturier, Konecny, Lindblom, Patrick
Provorov, Sanheim, Myers
Hart

Exposed:

van Riemsdyk, Aube-Kubel, Laughton (UFA), Raffl (UFA), Vorobyev, Rubtsov, Kase, Twarynski, Bunnaman, Laberge,
Gostisbehere, Niskanen (UFA), Hagg, Morin, Friedman
Sandstrom

Exempt:

Frost, Farabee, Sandin, Ratcliffe, Sushko, Laczynski, Allison, Brink etc.
Zamula, Wylie, York etc.
Ustimeko, Ersson etc.
is it in clodes contract he needs to be protected?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

It will be a 1-year ELC contract, as it is the only type of contract he can sign.
He will not be waiver eligible until he plays 60 games.
If he does not play 80+ games he will be a group 6 UFA next summer.

45 minutes on what Sandin is like as a player, what he will bring:

‎High and Wide Radio | Philadelphia Flyers Podcast: HW Prospect Show #5 "Linus Sandin" on Apple Podcasts

*and yep, I have pretty much had this ready to go for 7 days or so... haha.

So really, he is a 1 year signing. He could easily miss a few games just due to injury. So would he re-sign or just become a UFA instead?

I assume, we could re-sign him after Jan 1st like other players who sign 1 year deals?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So really, he is a 1 year signing. He could easily miss a few games just due to injury. So would he re-sign or just become a UFA instead?

I assume, we could re-sign him after Jan 1st like other players who sign 1 year deals?

Yeh, in effect.

Was the same deal with Raffl.

Tbh most of the Euro UFAs of his ilk who do a solid job re-sign with the team if the team want them to. Not like he will likely put up over ~30 points and in turn wont be offered more than like ~2m even if goes to free agency.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeh, in effect.

Was the same deal with Raffl.

Tbh most of the Euro UFAs of his ilk who do a solid job re-sign with the team if the team want them to. Not like he will likely put up over ~30 points and in turn wont be offered more than like ~2m even if goes to free agency.
Gotcha.

Regardless, even if he shows well this year in the NHL, it buys a year for the rest of the depth to get closer....like an Allison for example.

Reactions: Appleyard

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Until we are told they are ready to play, don't see how you can include Lindblom or Patrick in any roster going forward.

you can leave them out of lineups, but unless something extremely drastic happens they’re going to be on the roster, even if they end up on LTIR again.

Reactions: orangey

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
you can leave them out of lineups, but unless something extremely drastic happens they’re going to be on the roster, even if they end up on LTIR again.

Yup, I meant more so in the actual on ice lineup, not from a salary/contract management perspective.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
guy looks like he has some decent digs

If he is in Jönköping he could probably buy a 5 bedroom farmhouse with its own lake for the price of a one bed apartment in Stockholm. :laugh: Exaggerating... but it is like less than half the price property wise from what I know.

The Swedish lakes are one of the more surprisingly cheap property locations in Europe from what I have seen! I mean, they are not Spain, but considerably cheaper than most other places in Northern Europe.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Nice signing. Our bottom makeup needs someone a little more physically equipped and skilled at getting to/working the dirt in front and low.

Still longing for the day, however, that we sign or draft literally anyone from Finland...please.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Pitlick could have been a cap casualty regardless but with the cap situation league wide being in even more doubt you can’t be paying relatively high prices for fourth liners.

I kinda would like pitlick over raffl. they would get the same contract for sure but I think id rather take pitlick now

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I dont think it should be too tough tbh!

Protected:

Giroux, Hayes, Voracek, Couturier, Konecny, Lindblom, Patrick
Provorov, Sanheim, Myers
Hart

Exposed:

van Riemsdyk, Aube-Kubel, Laughton (UFA), Raffl (UFA), Vorobyev, Rubtsov, Kase, Twarynski, Bunnaman, Laberge,
Gostisbehere, Niskanen (UFA), Hagg, Morin, Friedman
Sandstrom

Exempt:

Frost, Farabee, Sandin, Ratcliffe, Sushko, Laczynski, Allison, Brink etc.
Zamula, Wylie, York etc.
Ustimeko, Ersson etc.
hell ya this makes me happy. I would be elated if Seattle take jvr off our hands and we can use that cap.

Reactions: Appleyard

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I kinda would like pitlick over raffl. they would get the same contract for sure but I think id rather take pitlick now

The difference is Raffl is already under contract for 1 more season. He is a lefty who plays LW but also can bounce between multiple spots. Pitlick only plays RW on a team with Voracek, Konecny, and now the emergent NAK. Farabee can play his off hand, and we just signed two RW college seniors (Laczynski will be a quick study), followed shortly by Sandin. Pitlick doesn’t have the talent of a 3rd liner either and is ideally on the 4th line. NAK is really the key here in affecting Pitlick — there’s no tentative uncertainty in projecting.

Pitlick is a UFA at a deep organizational position. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him out earn Raffl yearly, but even at the same cost, there’s no guaranteeing he signs for 1 year. In fact, I’d bet on him signing for multiple years. We have seldom been in the catbird’s seat of having too much bottom 6 depth, but here we are. Thank you for your service, Pitlick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad