Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Linus Sandin To One Year ELC

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The difference is Raffl is already under contract for 1 more season. He is a lefty who plays LW but also can bounce between multiple spots. Pitlick only plays RW on a team with Voracek, Konecny, and now the emergent NAK. Farabee can play his off hand, and we just signed two RW college seniors (Laczynski will be a quick study), followed shortly by Sandin. Pitlick doesn’t have the talent of a 3rd liner either and is ideally on the 4th line. NAK is really the key here in affecting Pitlick — there’s no tentative uncertainty in projecting.

Pitlick is a UFA at a deep organizational position. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him out earn Raffl yearly, but even at the same cost, there’s no guaranteeing he signs for 1 year. In fact, I’d bet on him signing for multiple years. We have seldom been in the catbird’s seat of having too much bottom 6 depth, but here we are. Thank you for your service, Pitlick.

While Pitlick stayed healthy this year after his TC mishap, he has had his injury woes.
So the only way I could see him being resigned was a low cost one year deal - and he should get better offers.
Better off spending the money on Braun if a mutually acceptable deal could be negotiated.

Reactions: orangey

Bender B Rodriguez

Apr 24, 2020
Still longing for the day, however, that we sign or draft literally anyone from Finland...please.
Jokerit just released Mikko Lehtonen from his contract. I wouldn't mind to see Fletcher to try sign him for next season, especially if Ghost gets traded. Would bring nice puck moving ability to third pairing.

Reactions: tymed and renberg

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
in a perfect world a signing like this makes a guy like pitlick not needed. Cheap options are always needed. I have no doubt this guy will make the team unless he jsut shows he cant cut it in camp

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Someone from the main boards who is from Sweden said he had offers from Tampa and Boston too. Chose us.

Someone here!

One of the reasons for Linus to chose Philly over other teams is because of Robert Hägg. They are both from the same small village (population 2500), Alunda, and played hockey together growing up.

An interview in Swedish about his signing can be found here.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Someone here!

One of the reasons for Linus to chose Philly over other teams is because of Robert Hägg. They are both from the same small village (population 2500), Alunda, and played hockey together growing up.

An interview in Swedish about his signing can be found here.

This will be Hagg's most positive contribution to the team, and thats assuming this guy makes the AHL roster.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Jokerit just released Mikko Lehtonen from his contract. I wouldn't mind to see Fletcher to try sign him for next season, especially if Ghost gets traded. Would bring nice puck moving ability to third pairing.
Lehtonen signed with Toronto.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lehtonen really didn't make sense for the Flyers unless they wanted to trade Ghost, another mobile LHD?
He's not playing ahead of Provorov or Sanheim.

Now if a young RHD springs loose, I expect Fletcher to jump on him.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lehtonen really didn't make sense for the Flyers unless they wanted to trade Ghost, another mobile LHD?
He's not playing ahead of Provorov or Sanheim.

Now if a young RHD springs loose, I expect Fletcher to jump on him.
Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott, Sandin, and now Lehtonen....all LHD for Leafs

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott, Sandin, and now Lehtonen....all LHD for Leafs

AV likes his balanced pairs.

If I were looking for a team to emulate as far as defensemen, I don't think Toronto would be my first choice.
RHDs:
Boston: Carlo, MacAvoy
TB: Cernak, Shattenkirk
St Louis: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Faulk, Bortuzzo
Caps: Carlson, Jensen, Gudas
VGK: Engelland
Col: Maker, E Johnson

Hard to come up with more than 2 good RHDs unless you're St Louis.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
AV likes his balanced pairs.

If I were looking for a team to emulate as far as defensemen, I don't think Toronto would be my first choice.
RHDs:
Boston: Carlo, MacAvoy
TB: Cernak, Shattenkirk
St Louis: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Faulk, Bortuzzo
Caps: Carlson, Jensen, Gudas
VGK: Engelland
Col: Maker, E Johnson

Hard to come up with more than 2 good RHDs unless you're St Louis.
You just went off on a tangent.

The ENTIRE point, was that the Leafs have lots of LHD as well before adding Lehtonen.

Reactions: Adtar02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad