Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Linus Sandin To One Year ELC

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Just play against those pylons on defense every game, and even thompson would look good

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The one thing I really like about Sandin is watching his highlights, he's a big boy (6'1 209 according to EP) who likes to go to the net and has the soft hands to finish. We need more forwards like that, and I could see him winning a spot on PP2 for that reason.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can see Sandin making an impact pretty quickly and finding himself on the Powerplay as well. I like this signing a lot.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
...You can coach or try to teach that on a powerplay however you have to have skilled players to EXECUTE!
I believe with all my being that those players are on the team. G, Jake and Ghost are the obvious examples. I think JVR is great at net front as well as Patrick (God willing). Then Sanheim has a good deal of skill along with Frosty boy.

Reactions: Striiker

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I can see Sandin making an impact pretty quickly and finding himself on the Powerplay as well. I like this signing a lot.

I haven't watched the video referenced above, but just from reading this page, I'm getting immediate flashback to Mika Pyörälä. Not saying he can't be a good player, but I remember people putting Pyorala on the 2nd PP and a middle 6 wing spot based on some highlights of his shot.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think people have exaggerated expectations of Sandin, but he was in demand by a number of NHL teams, he has scored 35 goals in his last 101 SHL games, he looks like he has some modicum of skills based on his highlight film, and Appleyard, who has actually seen him play, likes him.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad