May 12, 2010
Rich Pilon like?

:laugh: Maybe a little less.

148f241.png

sz817c1a.jpg

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I like this guy though, the little dude that got kicked out of the U18 SWE-RUS finals for getting out of the penalty box to join a brawl haha
Awesome. Been hoping for this since we made the pick. The guy is a fire hydrant, and his skill set is suited for the North American game. He'll develop well in Lehigh.
Yeah, that was a terrible injustice! As you can see, he was there only to extinguish the fire, not add to it :)

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I don't think prospect camp had anything to do with the signing other than the fact that he was in town to possibly talk about playing in NA.

I'd imagine the plan was to sign him all along if he was up for it.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Surprising signing to say the least, but cool news. Assuming he's going to stay in NA, the Phantoms should be fun next year.

MadFerIt95*

I see he's 5'9 today, his height changes in every report haha.

I like this guy though, the little dude that got kicked out of the U18 SWE-RUS finals for getting out of the penalty box to join a brawl haha

Sounds like he truly gets the Flyers culture!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Nice!

Him and Hägg were the two main Swedes involved in the WJC semi 'brawl' as well... :laugh:

He made Mironov who is ~4 inches taller look the weaker man in that scuffle.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Solid comment from Broadstreet Hockey's facebook page:
Mark Seigle Sweet. More goon nonsense. Only the flyers management can find a goon in a skilled country like sweeden. Ugh.
Like · Reply · 2 · about an hour ago

EDIT: I especially like the incorrect spelling of Sweden.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
I hardly think a 5'8 player is a goon haha. Just because he can hold his own and has like 3 videos of it on youtube doesn't make him a goon.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Solid comment from Broadstreet Hockey's facebook page:
Mark Seigle Sweet. More goon nonsense. Only the flyers management can find a goon in a skilled country like sweeden. Ugh.
Like · Reply · 2 · about an hour ago

EDIT: I especially like the incorrect spelling of Sweden.

:laugh:

We have a pretty dumb fan base. If you don't play like Gretzky you're useless & if you show an ounce of physicality you're a goon to most of them especially on those sites.

He was probably one of those morons that thought we drafted a goon last year in the first round with Morin because they showed a clip of him beating someone's *** & mentioned how he was physical during the draft.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
:laugh:

We have a pretty dumb fan base. If you don't play like Gretzky you're useless & if you show an ounce of physicality you're a goon to most of them especially on those sites.

He was probably one of those morons that thought we drafted a goon last year in the first round with Morin because they showed a clip of him beating someone's *** & mentioned how he was physical during the draft.

I agree with you.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
God! Hextall needs to go back to sweeden and find more skilled sweeds, not this mini goon sweed...

And yes, facebook comments are the downfall of society, those who post there should be stripped of the title Homo sapiens, as they are very far from a "wise man".

Screw them all, I'm so excited to watch the Phantoms next season for the first time in a long time.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
whats the deal with this signing? is this more of a ahl move or...?

personally i hope he turns out to be good enough for the big league. hes gotta be a philly crowd favorite right off the bat. how do you not love an underdog nicknamed ''pitbull''?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
whats the deal with this signing? is this more of a ahl move or...?

personally i hope he turns out to be good enough for the big league. hes gotta be a philly crowd favorite right off the bat. how do you not love an underdog nicknamed ''pitbull''?

He'll be playing in Lehigh Valley (AHL) next year. It gives them another right handed shot down there & he comes with pro experience already under his belt. They could potentially have a good turnover next year with their defense down there so it's good to break him in now while there's guys like Alt, Manning, Lauridsen, & to a lesser extent Hagg still there.

He'll very likely spend the whole year there & we'll see what happens.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
Are we sure that we won't lend Pitbull to Reading for a while to get used to NA ice? Cuz they said he's coming to NA but not where he is gonna play.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Are we sure that we won't lend Pitbull to Reading for a while to get used to NA ice? Cuz they said he's coming to NA but not where he is gonna play.

It depends on how the roster shakes out. Alt, Gostisbehere, & Hagg will all have shots at making the big club at camp. Manning & Lauridsen both would have to clear waivers (Manning still needs to sign as of now). If at least one of the guys don't return to LHV I have a hard time not seeing him play there right away.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
It depends on how the roster shakes out. Alt, Gostisbehere, & Hagg will all have shots at making the big club at camp. Manning & Lauridsen both would have to clear waivers (Manning still needs to sign as of now). If at least one of the guys don't return to LHV I have a hard time not seeing him play there right away.

who do you think has the best shot at staying?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad