Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Jesper Pettersson to an ELC

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have agreed to an entry-level contract with 2014 Draft pick Jesper Pettersson, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

Pettersson, 19 (7/16/94) was selected by the Flyers in the seventh round (198th overall) of this year's NHL Entry Draft on June 28 in Philadelphia.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726191

I guess a good chance he is in the AHL now?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
ok, i know they liked him, and ive heard good things about him at the prospect camp, but damn this is pretty exciting. I am very intrigued by him and hope he can be something similar to vatannen

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
ok, i know they liked him, and ive heard good things about him at the prospect camp, but damn this is pretty exciting. I am very intrigued by him and hope he can be something similar to vatannen

Other than being a short European defensemnn,he is nothing like Vatanen.

I guess the Flyers don't trust the Swedish development system. :sarcasm:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
He seems to have turned some heads at camp and him being an overage draftee out of SHL would make it possible for him to join the Phantoms right away, at least that's what I believe. Can anybody confim that?

Makes no sense to rush the decision if he and the org do not want him with the Phantoms.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He seems to have turned some heads at camp and him being an overage draftee out of SHL would make it possible for him to join the Phantoms right away, at least that's what I believe. Can anybody confim that?

Makes no sense to rush the decision if he and the org do not want him with the Phantoms.

Age only matters for players drafted out of the CHL. He is eligible.

I don't believe his contract slides, so pretty good chance he's in the AHL next year unless he falls on his face.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

I dont think they sign him with the attention for him to go back to Sweden. Pretty sure he us AHL bound. Doesnt really matter if he is an overager since anyone drafted out of the Swedish league can play in the AHL or NHL. Only players drafted out of the CHL can not.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
just saw his highlight . more rinaldo than vatanen.

Dont say that.. People will start to hate him. The guy is smart abd can really play defense. He skates very well with very good edgework. He is far from a Rinaldo. He night actually be useful.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Awesome. Been hoping for this since we made the pick. The guy is a fire hydrant, and his skill set is suited for the North American game. He'll develop well in Lehigh.

Ghost, Hagg, Alt, and Pettersson on that blueline. I've never been this pumped for the Flyers farm team.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Gotta signal that he is in the AHL next season, no? Otherwise doesn't it burn a year because of his professional status?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Awesome. Been hoping for this since we made the pick. The guy is a fire hydrant, and his skill set is suited for the North American game. He'll develop well in Lehigh.

Ghost, Hagg, Alt, and Pettersson on that blueline. I've never been this pumped for the Flyers farm team.

????

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

lauridsen and manning as well. that is going to be a awesome blue line next year. Hopefully the forwards can step up and score a little more than last year.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
lauridsen and manning as well. that is going to be a awesome blue line next year. Hopefully the forwards can step up and score a little more than last year.

It will be interesting to see how he splits the time with 3 rookies. Do you play 2 rookies together or split them on all the pairings. Will be interesting. Shapping up to be the Phantoms best team in a long while. Only thing holding it back is that there are alot of 1st year players that will be playing. The 2nd year guys need to continue to progress. Really hoping to see Cousins, Straka, and Alderson progress.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
Wow. When is the last time that we signed a 7th rounder 2 weeks after he was drafted. I hope its not just a fear based signing like the Noebels to Germany one was. I can't see that being the case since we would have had 4years to do something with him. I believe this is the "skates like Timonen" kid is it not?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
pitbull-light-o.gif

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Wow. When is the last time that we signed a 7th rounder 2 weeks after he was drafted. I hope its not just a fear based signing like the Noebels to Germany one was. I can't see that being the case since we would have had 4years to do something with him. I believe this is the "skates like Timonen" kid is it not?

Im interested to see how Noebels does. He played on the 4th line alot and was healthy scratched due to being in Murrays doghouse but at the end of the season played in the top 9 and 2nd pp with some top PP mins. He looked very good the last 20 games. Big season for him.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
I see he's 5'9 today, his height changes in every report haha.

I like this guy though, the little dude that got kicked out of the U18 SWE-RUS finals for getting out of the penalty box to join a brawl haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad