Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign D Yegor Zamula to ELC, Sept. 20, 2018; back surgery Jan. 2020, out for season

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
I think you mean GRU, or the lesser SVR
giphy.gif

Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Sushko probably speaks Russian, but I think most of the East Europeans now speak English as their second language.

Any word on Fedotov?
He was probably out of their plans, but after this season, you have to think he's jumped past a few guys. Same with Tomek.

And what happened to Sandstrom? Is he still struggling with injuries?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sushko probably speaks Russian, but I think most of the East Europeans now speak English as their second language.

Any word on Fedotov?
He was probably out of their plans, but after this season, you have to think he's jumped past a few guys. Same with Tomek.

And what happened to Sandstrom? Is he still struggling with injuries?

Sushko's mother tongue is Russian I believe, and if not he is 100% fluent in Russian. Everyone is Belarus basically is... more speak Russian than Belarusian. 70% of the country speak Russian at home. (the languages are close to mutually intelligible anyway I have been told.)

But they now have eight Russian speakers in the organisation. Voracek, Kase and Tomek are the only "Eastern" (though really they are Central European!) Euros in org... and yeh, doubt they speak Russian at all even if can understand bits due to some similarities with Czech/Slovak.

They have Fedotov's right indefinitely. So no rush... he wont be coming over even if they wanted him to until 2021-22 due to contract.

Sandstrom was injured, but now healthy again.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Given the logjam, letting Fedotov mature in the KHL for two more years is a nice luxury.
At worst, he could be first rate trade bait if he continues to improve.

Reactions: Appleyard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"GM says maybe couple games" - i.e., after CHL he plays a couple games in Philly (or LHV if they make the playoffs).

That makes sense, if the opportunity presents itself I'm sure AV/Fletcher would like to see him against NHL competition to gauge how far away he is from the NHL.

Can't trade Ghost until you're sure his replacement is ready. :popcorn:

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Given the logjam, letting Fedotov mature in the KHL for two more years is a nice luxury.
At worst, he could be first rate trade bait if he continues to improve.

He won't be worth anything valuable in a trade with zero NHL, or even NA hockey, experience

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He won't be worth anything valuable in a trade with zero NHL, or even NA hockey, experience

Islanders used pick #31 on 21 year old goalie Mikko Koskinen. Who had one year in a 2nd tier Finnish league.
Fedorov puts together a couple top years in the KHL, he'll be seen by scouts and valued accordingly.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Islanders used pick #31 on 21 year old goalie Mikko Koskinen. Who had one year in a 2nd tier Finnish league.
Fedorov puts together a couple top years in the KHL, he'll be seen by scouts and valued accordingly.

sergei-fedorov-300-300.jpeg

Sergei says please stop using his name in vain.

cut.JPG

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad