Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign D Yegor Zamula to ELC, Sept. 20, 2018; back surgery Jan. 2020, out for season

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Good stuff. Kid had a few mishaps last night, but for an undrafted 18 yr old, he had some pretty awesome moments. Quite a bit he looked better than some of regular/ahl defenders, and didn't look out of place.

Looking forward to see how he progresses.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
All his other similarly aged defensemen peers got returned early and had no expectation to do well against pros, but this gawky undrafted CHL imports of an 18 year old had to hold his own against pro level competition far beyond any level at which he’s played. And he did. That’s more than 7 year professional Robert Hagg could say in the same games. And Moolah has TWO more years of developing until he faces this caliber of player again. Who knows what patient physical development does to his game. Don’t discount what this can do for his confidence either. There’s a great bedrock with which to improve.

Showed some surprising boards strength, good defensive technique, good gaps, solid positioning, and puck poise and passing ability. I’m skeptical his offense is that high, but all he needs to be is a nice competent, efficient, floor player who can be solid off puck and above average moving the puck around. Certainly showed that potential.

TLDR: He’s already better than Hagg.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
The only downside to this signing is that on the main boards we will likely hear ad nauseum how horrible he now is from the cadre of Russian posters who feel coming to North America junior leagues ruins Russians.

In before: Just don't go to the main boards.

giphy.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
All his other similarly aged defensemen peers got returned early and had no expectation to do well against pros, but this gawky undrafted CHL imports of an 18 year old had to hold his own against pro level competition far beyond any level at which he’s played. And he did. That’s more than 7 year professional Robert Hagg could say in the same games. And Moolah has TWO more years of developing until he faces this caliber of player again. Who knows what patient physical development does to his game. Don’t discount what this can do for his confidence either. There’s a great bedrock with which to improve.

Showed some surprising boards strength, good defensive technique, good gaps, solid positioning, and puck poise and passing ability. I’m skeptical his offense is that high, but all he needs to be is a nice competent, efficient, floor player who can be solid off puck and above average moving the puck around. Certainly showed that potential.

Not sure if you remember who it was, but there was a poster who would give us updated on Hart's games. Hopefully he can do the same with Z and give us his opinion on last years player vs this years player once the WHL games start.

Anyone remember the posters name?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Not sure if you remember who it was, but there was a poster who would give us updated on Hart's games. Hopefully he can do the same with Z and give us his opinion on last years player vs this years player once the WHL games start.

Anyone remember the posters name?

I remember a guy from Everett who had season tickets behind Hart's net and started his own thread with pictures and commentary. I'm not sure that does any good for watching Calgary Hitmen games. :laugh:

We have a full-time Hitmen fan and adopted Flyers fan in @denominator though. I'm sure he will give us everything we want to know about Zamula and more. Bet he's happier than anyone to have another Flyers prospect in the fold.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I remember a guy from Everett who had season tickets behind Hart's net and started his own thread with pictures and commentary. I'm not sure that does any good for watching Calgary Hitmen games. :laugh:

We have a full-time Hitmen fan and adopted Flyers fan in @denominator though. I'm sure he will give us everything we want to know about Zamula and more. Bet he's happier than anyone to have another Flyers prospect in the fold.
Yeah....I am a dumbass.

Reactions: Striiker

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

Very smart signing. Low-risk, potentially high-reward. He already has an innate understanding of how to use leverage in board/puck battles, moves the puck well, and is pretty sound defensively. I love this signing.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

It'll be an added bonus if he somehow develops an offensive game. He has a lot of translatable tools to the NHL level. This was a great signing.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad