Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign (D) Kurtis Foster (Jan. 13, 2013)

bney7

Jan 4, 2008
Considering every year we end up using 10-12 defenseman because of injuries... I really don't care. He's at best the #6 going into the season, if you get a few weeks of somewhat OK play it's whatever.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
I asked Meltzer on twitter yesterday afternoon about it and have not got a response.

Probably, because I asked him the same question yesterday. He hasn't heard anything...means there's not much weight to it. But I can definitely see the Flyers looking to add or inviting FA to camp tryouts. Foster could be one of em.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Gus and Bourdon are out for the foreseeable future seeing as Gus had a set back. Manning has been up and down this year and in this shortened season I don't think it's smart to let him play through his issues in the NHL. Lilja is gone after this year and we don't know that this (Foster signing) is any more then a one yr deal. With Mez possibly missing some time I think it's a decent signing.

Agree

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Probably, because I asked him the same question yesterday. He hasn't heard anything...means there's not much weight to it. But I can definitely see the Flyers looking to add or inviting FA to camp tryouts. Foster could be one of em.

perhaps it's in player contracts to not discuss things of this manner before anything is official/released? i could see why he would be unwilling to respond, even if he did know something. It probably wouldn't look good to management/ownership if mez was discussing signings of players, especially when signings of players is currently still barred, when nothing has even been announced yet.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
perhaps it's in player contracts to not discuss things of this manner before anything is official/released? i could see why he would be unwilling to respond, even if he did know something. It probably wouldn't look good to management/ownership if mez was discussing signings of players, especially when signings of players is currently still barred, when nothing has even been announced yet.

Yep, they aren't allowed to talk to the players about signings yet. Had to wait til the lockout is officially lifted when the players ratify it this weekend

toughfighter83*

this defense needs a pronger type of player, im not saying an impact defensemen, but a big guy that can hit and shoot the puck, i dont care who, just get a big guy.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
this defense needs a pronger type of player, im not saying an impact defensemen, but a big guy that can hit and shoot the puck, i dont care who, just get a big guy.

Between Grossmann, Coburn, Schenn, Meszaros and now Foster the Flyers have plenty of size and grit at the back end. Add in that Kimo isn't a softy and Bourdon (if ever back) is tough as well that's really not an area of concern. What is, though, is puck movement and the ability to break out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't mind Kubina back provided he was healthy. He doesn't have a full season in him, but he might have half of one.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL
Here's a sign of how much dmen are in demand all around the NHL: Kurtis Foster could be getting a 2-year deal from the Flyer

Would be a terrible move to sign this guy for two years. He should be used as nothing more than a stop gap.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I think you underestimate our ability to give multi year deals to useless players.

Shelley got 3 years
Lilja got 2
Gervais got 2

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think you underestimate our ability to give multi year deals to useless players.

Shelley got 3 years
Lilja got 2
Gervais got 2
Oh I understand, we give out two year deals to the likes of Andrew Peters Krys Barch and Eric Boulton. :help:

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
But Meltzer said "he is a good locker room presence"....

Like Shelley....

Maybe he also get a 3 years 1.5 contract..... :help:

We need more lockout and fewer Homer.... Can´t believe this **** every new season....

I love the BP Stuff.

Let´s name all Gervais, Lilja and Fosters BP ;D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad