Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign (D) Kurtis Foster (Jan. 13, 2013)

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Has he played since he broke his leg? I seem to remember it was a really bad break.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Dont get your hopes high on his defensive ability. He is a big guy who doesn't use his body at all, cant skate, always caught out of position. He has a bomb of a shot as you guys remember last yr when he let two fly past Bobrovsky.

He is good at one thing, power play.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Dont get your hopes high on his defensive ability. He is a big guy who doesn't use his body at all, cant skate, always caught out of position.

He is good at one thing, power play.

I don't think anyone was getting their hopes high.

We needed someone who could move he puck and be on the PP while Meszaros was out

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

We needed someone who could move he puck and be on the PP while Meszaros was out
He will help you guys out with that department but everything else wasnt good at all. Other than that he is a very nice and polite guy and all the guys seemed to like him. Ideally he is the perfect 7th defenseman to have on your team but this signing makes sense if he is going to replace Meszaros on the powerplay.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I remember Devils fans being ecstatic when he was part of the Zidlicky trade with the Wild.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Good guy, good shot, good for the PP, but it stops there - I don't think I've ever seen a worse d-man defensively

A lot of painful to watch basic mistakes behind the net and in the crease, there was a stretch of games where he was on the ice for something like 9 straight goals against or 8 of the last 9 goals against

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The guys also a tank... 6'5 230. We'd have a massive group of defenders.

He can shoot the puck, he can't move the puck. The only, only good thing about him is his shot. That is absolutely it, everything else he brings is dreadful. Never uses his body. He is the definition of a pylon.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
:laugh: Have a great time with him

Fosters a great guy off the ice, just has no defense to his game. You will not be happy with him.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Ihate signings like this because they furter Pejorative Slur the development of players who actually have a future with this organization like Gus and Manning.

Gus and Bourdon are out for the foreseeable future seeing as Gus had a set back. Manning has been up and down this year and in this shortened season I don't think it's smart to let him play through his issues in the NHL. Lilja is gone after this year and we don't know that this (Foster signing) is any more then a one yr deal. With Mez possibly missing some time I think it's a decent signing.

apice3*

In terms of ability to play defense, Foster is the worst D-man the Devils have had in recent memory. And we had Mike Mottau.

He has an incredibly hard shot, but the accuracy is meh, he's not creative, and he's not really great as passing. You guys will want him gone very soon, if true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad