Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign (D) Kurtis Foster (Jan. 13, 2013)

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Why have room for forwards?

We defense damn it.

Think of how fresh the 3rd pairings would be. At this point we can roll 6 defensive pairings

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Lilja, Foster, Walker, Gervais, Bourdon, Gustaffsson, Manning, Syvret... that's 8 capable 6/7th defenders.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Lilja, Foster, Walker, Gervais, Bourdon, Gustaffsson, Manning, Syvret... that's 8 capable 6/7th defenders.

Eh, a few of those guys are hurt, and Syvret is more emergency call-up tan NHL #6.

Manning has struggled this year, from what I understand, and it might be better for his long-term development to play a bigger role at the AHL level this year.

That leaves Lilja, Foster, and Gervais.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Defensively someone has to move. There is no way we are going to carry that many 6/7 guys, unless they are super concerned about injuries.

Well right now Bourdon, Gus, and Walker are all hurt, and Lilja is coming off hip surgery and Manning has been struggling.

Depth chart is realistically:

Timonen
Coburn
Grossmann
Meszaros
Schenn
Gervais
Foster
Lilja

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Manning has struggled this year, from what I understand, and it might be better for his long-term development to play a bigger role at the AHL level this year.

Depends. He'll get less minutes, will be more fresh, and the NHL level gets "easier" due to the higher quality of play. Less mistakes to address on defense.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Depends. He'll get less minutes, will be more fresh, and the NHL level gets "easier" due to the higher quality of play. Less mistakes to address on defense.

true, but after watching him play yesterday and a few other times he's the one making the majority of the mistakes that need addressing on defense. he's been a turn over machine as of late and hasn't been taking the body at all, not to mention that he just flat out doesn't cover his man from time to time. out of the currently active d-men on the phantoms right now the most deserving of a call-up is syvret, followed closely by Lauridsen imo.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
true, but after watching him play yesterday and a few other times he's the one making the majority of the mistakes that need addressing on defense. he's been a turn over machine as of late and hasn't been taking the body at all, not to mention that he just flat out doesn't cover his man from time to time. out of the currently active d-men on the phantoms right now the most deserving of a call-up is syvret, followed closely by Lauridsen imo.

Ahh. Good to know.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Walker, Bourdon and Gus are all hurt right now

Eh, a few of those guys are hurt, and Syvret is more emergency call-up tan NHL #6.

That leaves Lilja, Foster, and Gervais.

Yeah I know, but we have them. Someone asked how many we had, that was more the point. I'm aware that there won't be a 8 guys competition for the 6th spot.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Much better than a 2 year deal. But he must be protected on the ice with a good defender.

Oh and beware during practice! He hurt Kovy Volchenkov and I think Elias with his shot during practices last year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
_DSC0034_slide.jpg

_DSC0037_slide.jpg

:naughty:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
He looks like a big dork.....yeah cool tube socks there Kurtis :shakehead

Anyway, I know he's meant for insurance and depth but the dude really can't skate.....maybe they will let him on the ice with his bobo sneakers with ice grippers and his cool tube socks....

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Well, if Jimmy Develano's comments about the Flyers and them trying to poach Weber as an RFA were correct, there might be quite a few teams who won't want to deal with the Flyers. Fact is, this is still an old boy's club and that you can bet plenty of owners were upset with how the Flyers went about business with Weber. I think it's very possible that the owners might teach the Flyers a lesson by refusing to deal with them. I suppose though there will always be a Carolina that will always deal with them, no matter what......

cmon really?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Well, if Jimmy Develano's comments about the Flyers and them trying to poach Weber as an RFA were correct, there might be quite a few teams who won't want to deal with the Flyers. Fact is, this is still an old boy's club and that you can bet plenty of owners were upset with how the Flyers went about business with Weber. I think it's very possible that the owners might teach the Flyers a lesson by refusing to deal with them. I suppose though there will always be a Carolina that will always deal with them, no matter what......

I keep waiting for teams to teach the Flyers a lesson for trying to land Kesler with an offersheet. Flyers did nothing wrong. Maybe Nashville would refuse to deal with the Flyers in the future. everyone else? its business as usual. Thinking otherwise is foolish.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
He looks like a big dork.....yeah cool tube socks there Kurtis :shakehead

Anyway, I know he's meant for insurance and depth but the dude really can't skate.....maybe they will let him on the ice with his bobo sneakers with ice grippers and his cool tube socks....

Hockey players all wear them.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I keep waiting for teams to teach the Flyers a lesson for trying to land Kesler with an offersheet. Flyers did nothing wrong. Maybe Nashville would refuse to deal with the Flyers in the future. everyone else? its business as usual. Thinking otherwise is foolish.

Every GM in the league was bursting with envy that he didn't have an ownership group with the b@lls to go after Weber. I don't even see a problem with trading with Nashville either, it's just business, not personal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad