Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign 24 year old C/RW Mike Vecchione (Union, NCAA) to 1-year ELC

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Oh, and also: BAD LINES MATTER

Which is why I like the MV signing.
A 4th line forward with real talent, unlike say Luby or Leier (unless he takes a step up).
If Laughton can take it up a notch after a year in the AHL (and isn't claimed), we could have a solid 4th line.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Which is why I like the MV signing.
A 4th line forward with real talent, unlike say Luby or Leier (unless he takes a step up).
If Laughton can take it up a notch after a year in the AHL (and isn't claimed), we could have a solid 4th line.

I want to see Bardreau get a chance too.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
I wonder if this signing allows for us to take a chance on more boom or bust type players in the later rounds. The past few drafts we've selected guys who at best could be solid Bottom Sixers, which is fine but it'd be nice if this year we just went all in on skill, hopefully this pick up gives us more flexibility

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Something that needs to be discussed.....what should his nickname be?

Milo Ventimiglia. Same initials, looks exactly like him. Wait, that's not a nickname ...

Got it: Gilmore Boy

00bgilmore_b_font_font-colorff0000bgirls_b_font_wb_2_3.jpg

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I wonder if this signing allows for us to take a chance on more boom or bust type players in the later rounds. The past few drafts we've selected guys who at best could be solid Bottom Sixers, which is fine but it'd be nice if this year we just went all in on skill, hopefully this pick up gives us more flexibility

I don't think that's true. If anything we've stopped doing the role picks and have gone for more boom/bust players since Hextall took over.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd happily settle for a solid bottom sixer here, realistically that's the winning scenario for most college UFA's in recent years. Solid bottom of the lineup players that is.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, Button likes MV.
Obviously he has some offensive skills, good size (short but stout), comes down to how his skills translate to the next level.
I'd be happy with a 4th line center who can forecheck, play defense and give you > 1.0 points per 60 ES minutes.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't think anyone at BSH even watches games. They're 100% advanced stats.

Matt Carle is the same as Ryan Suter, after all. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad