Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign 24 year old C/RW Mike Vecchione (Union, NCAA) to 1-year ELC

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Flyers sign 24 year old C/RW Mike Vecchione (Union, NCAA) to 1-year ELC

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/fly...vel-contract--philadelphia-flyers/c-288284730

cut.jpg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=98845

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With 3C potentially available after the 2017-2018 season, assuming Filppula is not re-signed, I can see why he signed here. The Ghost connection must have also helped.

I will never have a problem with adding FREE organizational depth!

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Seems like this would take the "sting" out of losing Weal, Cousins, or Laughton in the ED. I feel like the college UDFAs are not as exciting as they used to be since it seems like a lot more premier players are going the NCAA route and getting drafted high so the UDFAs are more along the lines of signing an overage junior player. I remember years ago when you'd have like Stephane Da Costa and people thought he was going to be a stud etc. Still like the signing though and hopefully he can make an impact in the bottom six next year. I would imagine the Flyers think he's got a shot and told him that, otherwise I'm sure he could have gone elsewhere and had a shot too.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Seems like this would take the "sting" out of losing Weal, Cousins, or Laughton in the ED. I feel like the college UDFAs are not as exciting as they used to be since it seems like a lot more premier players are going the NCAA route and getting drafted high so the UDFAs are more along the lines of signing an overage junior player. I remember years ago when you'd have like Stephane Da Costa and people thought he was going to be a stud etc. Still like the signing though and hopefully he can make an impact in the bottom six next year. I would imagine the Flyers think he's got a shot and told him that, otherwise I'm sure he could have gone elsewhere and had a shot too.

As AA keeps saying, they can only take 10 UFA/RFAs all of those 3 guys you mentioned fall into that category. AA stated that there will be better UFA/RFAs available then those 3. Not sure those guys will be the best option for LV. Still seems like Raffl/Read/Weise are their best ones.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Said he was looking to go to a team where he could get in the lineup as soon as possible. We will see what happens.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's because we don't have any.

Giroux & Couts are the only NHL Cs. Filp is a temp fix. PEB sucks

Yeah Vecchione should have a real shot at 3C after 17-18, competing against the likes of Rubstov and Vorobyov. Rubstov will probably do 1 more year in Juniors and then start 17-18 in Lehigh Valley. He is also a capable winger. Vorobyov is more NHL ready but who knows if he leaves Russia for 17-18. If he doesn't, then he too is probably in Lehigh Valley with Rubstov for 18-19.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
With 3C potentially available after the 2017-2018 season, assuming Filppula is not re-signed, I can see why he signed here. The Ghost connection must have also helped.

I will never have a problem with adding FREE organizational depth!

I tweeted to him before signing that he would beat PEB for 4C this year and Filppula would be traded at the deadline. ;)

Great news!

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Vecchione can be the 4C next year (or battle it out), move PEB to wing (because he's better there) and provide a better Wing (maybe Laughton)

4th Line could be PEB/VECC/LAUGHTON.

That's ****ing light years better than the slop this year.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
****ing awesome. Hope he does well here. I can see him instantly jumping on the 4th line. Or knowing Hak, he will put him on the 4th line with the wonder twins.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
****ing awesome. Hope he does well here. I can see him instantly jumping on the 4th line. Or knowing Hak, he will put him on the 4th line with the wonder twins.

He might just go to the phantoms for a playoff run realistically

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope he plays against the Rags on Sunday since they were our main competition for him.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If he plays it will most likely be after they are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad