Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers -- 4/23/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Ezs_MUcX0AISfBW

Despite suffering in the on-ice metrics, Buchnevich had an excellent game score.
Wade Allison, your aim isn’t true.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Zibanejad is playing insane, I hope we extend him for few more years.
Granted I haven't watched around the league, nor could I even imagine ANYONE being as dangerous on the PK than Mika.
Despite his so called "bewildered" season, he is a constant threat for a shortie AND breaks up more up ice rushes than not. Love my Mika, just wish he was a little more personable on camera.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I really want to see Fox make a late push against the playoff teams and really expose the whole Norris voting as a complete sham when Hedman wins it

edit: people will say he needs to wait his turn, but there’s no guarantee he will be able to replicate the season he’s having again. Like Hank and only winning 1 Vezina despite him arguably being the best overall goalie of his generation

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Granted I haven't watched around the league, nor could I even imagine ANYONE being as dangerous on the PK than Mika.
Despite his so called "bewildered" season, he is a constant threat for a shortie AND breaks up more up ice rushes than not. Love my Mika, just wish he was a little more personable on camera.
Great player. Love having him. Just not worth the risk if around 9 mill a year for 6 years until he’s 35ish

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I remember when he was on Ottawa, playing 4th line as a youngster. Playing under the team shadows of Spezza, Alfredson, Karlsson and Turris. He and Pageau were 2 players I wanted on the Rangers. Pretty good call, huh? Was thrilled when we got Mika, even though it was in exchange for my fave at the time in Brassard. J.G. has had a decent career and continues to do damage to the Rangers, regardless of what team he is on.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Jones didn't play a lot but I'm liking what I see. He's very confident with the puck and shifty. He even does some board work. Hope he stays in if Trouba ever returns.
100%. Posted this in his thread, but he was obviously nervous and puck-watching to start his first game, but he got progressively better the more he played, especially starting at about the second period last night.

I was impressed with several plays where he used his body/strength to separate a Flyer from the puck or knock him off his intended path, despite being one of the smaller players on the ice, and he's sneaky good at establishing position in front of the net. I'm not saying I want him out there battling JvR in front on the PP or anything, at least not yet, but his defensive play was really encouraging given the profile (smallish, concerns that he left the NCAAs too soon). And as you say, you can already see the headiness on the offensive end.

I'm already more comfortable with him on the ice than I am with Hajek.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad