Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers -- 4/23/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I really want to see Fox make a late push against the playoff teams and really expose the whole Norris voting as a complete sham when Hedman wins it

edit: people will say he needs to wait his turn, but there’s no guarantee he will be able to replicate the season he’s having again. Like Hank and only winning 1 Vezina despite him arguably being the best overall goalie of his generation

What makes it a sham?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
When Quinn is gone, they will sing songs of the season when he bravely sheltered the talented youth until we were almost mathematically eliminated.

If he's still the coach next season, and they do well, it will be interesting here.

Hell, if they win the Cup with him, some here will still say if he was better, it would have been in less games.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Yea to bad he didn’t make the switch 2 weeks ago. Might have given the cab driver who made the suggestion another 5 Bucks for the idea

I'm no Howden fan, but his last two games may be his best of the season. Yea, the bar's set pretty low.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
#1 in points =/= best defenseman in the league.

You're not saying Hedman is only good on the offensive end, because no one I know thinks that.

If you were a TB fan, bet you'd have a different view on this.

They're both great.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Just read an amazing piece about Jpnes in The Athletic that has me convinced that he's not the one the Rangers should be looking to move. There's about 15 videos of him in the article explaining what makes him such a good prospect.

Reactions: egelband

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
If he's still the coach next season, and they do well, it will be interesting here.

Hell, if they win the Cup with him, some here will still say if he was better, it would have been in less games.

Indeed the scenario you're imagining is delightful!

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm no Howden fan, but his last two games may be his best of the season. Yea, the bar's set pretty low.
I don’t know what his limit it’s but he’s definitely getting better. He just seems so limited offensively. And with the way this team is developing, I’m not sure there will be room for him. Maybe he gets plucked by the Seattles. That would be a win-win, I think. He gets to play and we don’t lose Gauthier who has, I still believe, much more upside. I worry the Rangers don’t agree with me though :)

Reactions: bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Just read an amazing piece about Jpnes in The Athletic that has me convinced that he's not the one the Rangers should be looking to move. There's about 15 videos of him in the article explaining what makes him such a good prospect.
I really like his. He has great passing and pass receiving skills it seems to me. And like a lot of our guys lately, he is good at finding open space. I really think our team in general has learned a lot from Panarin and even Fox about how to make and find space.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Why shouldn't they do well even with a dime a dozen coach? This juggernaut is just starting to get momentum. The Rangers lucked into Fox, and two top draft picks, on top of being able to attract top UFA players, and having a solid pieces in place from before, in particular important centers and also a very good prospect pool. All the pieces are there to take giant strides.

The Rangers really should be looking at repeating Chicago's feat from a few years ago. Anything else would be underachieving.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
this is mindblowing. A rookie does better with Vets? Who would have thunk it.
Extend quinn now for doing such unique thinking!

it only took him 3/4 a season to figure out how to distribute the rookies and vets.

It would’ve been around 1/2 point regular season with preseason - right around time when prized rookies would get this level of comfort. Quinn is probably a couple of weeks late with switching Lafreniere and Kreider, but don’t forget that this combination was tried earlier in the season and at that time Lafreniere was clearly not ready.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don’t know what his limit it’s but he’s definitely getting better. He just seems so limited offensively. And with the way this team is developing, I’m not sure there will be room for him. Maybe he gets plucked by the Seattles. That would be a win-win, I think. He gets to play and we don’t lose Gauthier who has, I still believe, much more upside. I worry the Rangers don’t agree with me though :)

Kravtsov was the secret spark that reignited Howden.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Move? At this point seems pretty clear that the Rangers are looking for Miller and Jones to be 1LD and 2LD (or 1A and 1B depending on their RD pairings) and Robertson and Lindgren to figure out the final spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad