Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers -- 4/23/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Assuming 1 more of a NYR win BOS L in 2 days, and assume our last 2 games of the season are back to back wins against the Bruins in regulation, we will just need equal points in 5 games than the Bruins' 7 games.

Reactions: tlk

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I really want to see kakko take the reigns more on that third line.

He hardly ever gets the puck when he is moving fast especially not through the neutral zone, the entire line had problems getting out of their own zone under control. This is an area coaches should fix. On top Chytil is just not a line driver, he's good in the offensive zone, but as center he is not quite there yet.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Comparing Jones to Fox, or Lundkvist to Fox, is always going to be a disappointment.

Fox is a legitimate 1A defenseman, and a Norris candidate in his second year in the league. He will probably overtake McDonagh as our best defenseman since prime Leetch.

We're just hoping these two guys even become solid 1B/2A options.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ezs-OCtX0AQeaby

Kakko a savage

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Georgiev was 3 for 3 of our 4 wins against the Flyers this year. Alex has it in for certain teams. He was outstanding tonight. Great game for Lafreniere as well and Fox and Jones looked good.

A better effort overall.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Comparing Jones to Fox, or Lundkvist to Fox, is always going to be a disappointment.

Fox is a legitimate 1A defenseman, and a Norris candidate in his second year in the league. He will probably overtake McDonagh as our best defenseman since prime Leetch.

We're just hoping these two guys even become solid 1B/2A options.

I didn't say Jones is Fox or will be Fox. I said he is similar in how he processes the game, a thinking man's player. You can observe without adding expectations you know. I can see why the Rangers like him.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I didn't say Jones is Fox or will be Fox. I said he is similar in how he processes the game, a thinking man's player. You can observe without adding expectations you know. I can see why the Rangers like him.
Well I wasn’t calling out your post specifically, which is why I don’t quote it directly.

But I do think Torrey Krug is probably a better comparable for Jones optimistically than Fox. I don’t see that level of vision from Zac, and I also don’t think he will ever be considered an above average defender in his own end.

When it comes to fox I could count the number of players I think are similar on one hand. A rich mans Rafalski always comes to mind

Reactions: egelband and CLW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad