Speculation: Flyers goalie move coming?

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Is it just me or has the Flyers' goaltending been a circus for decades now?
I really hasn't been THAT bad. There were many good stretches of competent goalies: Boucher, Cechmanek, Emery, Mason, even Elliott for a bit last year until Hak wore him out. Others not so good: Bryzgalov, Neuvirth, etc.

The more recent problems started when Lavy lost faith in Bobrovsky after 1 shakey rookie playoff game and they traded him to make room for Bryz. Mason came later and was really good for a few years, but wanted starter's money so they let him walk. Injuries hurt him too, but I can't help thinking we'd be better off now if Mase had just been re-upped.

Hexy's downfall started by thinking he could replace Mason's solid play with Elliott and Neuvirth who now have constant injuries.

The hope of us fans is that at least one of recent prospects Carter Hart, Felix Sandstrom, Kirill Ustimenko and Samuel Ersson will emerge as a true #1, with Alex Lyon and Anthony Stolarz available as backups in the meantime.

I really don't want Hart up too long this year, so it's likely a healthy stopgap will be acquired for this year, before or after the Christmas freeze. Then a bridge/mentor for Hart will be acquired/signed in the offseason on a 2-3 year deal.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Is it just me or has the Flyers' goaltending been a circus for decades now?
is Having top 3 goalies hurt at the same time your definition of a circus? How do you not have at least 5 goalies with stats when that happens?

Last decade? Starting 2010-2011, Philly used 29. Columbue 27. Buffalo 32. Edmonton 31. Colorado 28. Montreal 25. Toronto 27.

Circus? Who’s the clown?

Edit: 34 goalies for NYI and Arz/Pho

Last edited:

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Before Crawford got concussed last night, I would have expected PHI would be in on him, but given the best course of action for Crow would be to retire at this point, perhaps Schneider is a guy they should consider; he desperately needs a change of scenery, the guy is just mentally shot in NJ. That goal against VGK by Carrier the other night was just horrid and the last straw.

No chance in hell am I helping out New Jersey and taking that contract from them.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
lindgren?

Are the flyers interested ?
or Niemi
Been told Lindgren is bad in the AHL only because he is on a bad team.
So i’ll use same argument for goalies in Philly. So i will pass.

Niemi not available as he is insurance for Price.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Before Crawford got concussed last night, I would have expected PHI would be in on him, but given the best course of action for Crow would be to retire at this point, perhaps Schneider is a guy they should consider; he desperately needs a change of scenery, the guy is just mentally shot in NJ. That goal against VGK by Carrier the other night was just horrid and the last straw.
Schneider has an abdominal strain, so you can forget that and for that matter any other team as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad