Speculation: Flyers goalie move coming?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think Anderson would be a pretty good option for the Flyers all things considered.

- It won't cost that much to acquire him because the Sens will want to shed his salary.
- He's used to get a heavy work load and plays better with more shots against.
- His playoff numbers are stellar, amongst the best for all NHL goalies right now.
- He's been very good this season despite playing on a team that basically plays no defense at all.
- He only has this year and next under contract. The risk is minimal and he can at the very least split starts next season. Also would be a good mentor for a younger goalie.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This has to be me missing sarcasm again. Right?
Nope. TJ and NP are the same age. TJ is actually outscoring him. Patrick has a better defensive game for sure but Varlamov and an additional first do a good job filling that gap.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Flyers have had scouts at Ottawas games.

I can see them testing the waters on Anderson.

Ottawa fans will want a pick and a Defender prospect, Dorion will get a 4th and a platter of cheese steaks. Not the good ones either, the ones you get from the grocery store...

As much as I’d love a pick and a prospect we would need one of their young NHL ready goalies

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
You should at least expand. A player the same age who is producing more, a #1 goalie and a 1st round pick can not be as bad as you’re trying to make it sound.
Producing more??? Are you talking about that 1 lousy point this season? jost is not even on pace to get to Patrick’s first season numbers.

Do not ask for Patrick. Not available.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Producing more??? Are you talking about that 1 lousy point this season? jost is not even on pace to get to Patrick’s first season numbers.

Do not ask for Patrick. Not available.
Patrick also isn’t on pace to reach those numbers.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You should at least expand. A player the same age who is producing more, a #1 goalie and a 1st round pick can not be as bad as you’re trying to make it sound.

Producing more because the idiot coach we just fired had him dwindling on the fourth line, or giving him a revolving door or wingers (like dale weiss) to play with.

The flyers PP also scored for the first time in 22 attempts the other night. The team is horrifically bad, and it has much less to do with the goaltending than people think.

Varlamov, who I actually would kick tires on in the off season, is a UFA and carries minimal value. Here is a fun fact - Brian Elliot's stats are nearly identical to Varlamovs this year.

Outscoring Patrick is not a feat I hold in high regard at this point. His value is in his potential, and it's much higher than Jost and a late pick.

Euforic

Dec 1, 2018
1st: Vet D-man for teaching the kids
2nd: good PP guy (Yandle or Backstrom)

Last edited:

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
It's settled then, Tyson Jost is going to have a better career than Nolan Patrick because he currently has 1 more point in 2 more games at the age of 20.

The Flyers can grab Varly this summer if they want him and they aren't giving up on a #2 pick from less than 2 years ago just to add a late 1st rounder. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MSSLYNX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad