Speculation: Flyers goalie move coming?

Octopus

May 17, 2006
Jimmy Howard for a package that includes Phillipe Myers. Wings need size on D. All their prospects are small puck moving types and they could use a guy like Myers. Thoughts?

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Jimmy Howard for a package that includes Phillipe Myers. Wings need size on D. All their prospects are small puck moving types and they could use a guy like Myers. Thoughts?

Flyers aren’t going to move a valuable piece like Myers for a goalie right now unless it’s someone established with several good years left. Even that is unlikely with Hart a year away.

Cosmic avenger

Oct 27, 2018
Quick for lottery protect 1st morin lindbolm sandstrom . want nothing to do with Howard. Or wait till off season sign free agent goalie like varamlov. Quick can steal game and is a =1 g injury worries.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I could see either Quick or Howard going to Philly. Quick would obviously be more expensive to acquire but Howard will probably cost a first rounder too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Youre not getting the Flyers best D prospect for a 34 year old goalie. Jesus lol.

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
Flyers aren’t going to move a valuable piece like Myers for a goalie right now unless it’s someone established with several good years left. Even that is unlikely with Hart a year away.

Hart most likely more than a yr away. Honestly doesn't look close to the NHL right now from the 5+ games I've watched

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hart most likely more than a yr away. Honestly doesn't look close to the NHL right now from the 5+ games I've watched

You should have watched his last 5 starts then. Save Percentage north of .940. Hes adjusted to the AHL.

Still dont want him up this year though.

Reactions: Insurrection

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
P

Possibly at the start of next season too. His last stretch of games has been tremendous after a below average start.

Regardless, there aren’t goalies on expiring/short term deals worth Myers available.

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
Quick would be the best fit for the right return. 4 years left, so Hart can ease into the NHL between the ages of 22-24 (the last 2 years of Quick's contract) and gradually increase games. There's no need to rush him before that.

He is a big game competitive goalie, and can win games on his own. LA is a mess right now and it seems like everyone's confidence is down.

I mean if they could move maybe Morin, Rubstov, Raffl, Sandstrom 2020 1st.. I'd be all for it.

Reactions: Cosmic avenger

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
You should have watched his last 5 starts then. Save Percentage north of .940. Hes adjusted to the AHL.

Still dont want him up this year though.
Goalies are streaky. Hes always played behind good d. Phantoms are pretty good this yr. In chl he was sheltered too. Not saying hes not good, just think he needs more time than a yr.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
To OTT
Neuvirth
Gudas
Simmonds

To PHI
Anderson
Rodewald
2019 3rd
Pyatt

not a large fan of either teams so I may be a bit off on value of this

or

To OTT
Neuvirth
2019 1st
Gudas

To PHI
Anderson
Lajoie

Cosmic avenger

Oct 27, 2018
There is 0% chance the flyers are trading a lottery pick for Quick or Howard. Or Myers or Lindblom
Yeah that why i said lottery protected 1st.
Lindblom is a good young forward but with seattle coming we are going to lose him in expansion draft.
Now maybe i put a little too much with morin and sandstrom. Getting a true #1goalie is not going to come cheap it will hurt. But hexstall build allows us to make trades . frost ratcliffe farabee and other can replace lindbolm.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They have a couple days to figure it out. IMO, they need to do everything possible to keep Hart away from this dumpster fire right now. He isn't ready for NHL, and the way the team is playing, he'd get lit up in an effort that was Hakstols last as coach.

I can't imagine it being anything other than a depth/temp move.

They are what like 10 points out of the playoffs with 49 games left. Can they realistically make up ground? To pick up like 67 points to get to 95 in their final 49 games. Not happening. So, definitely, not a major move in nets if they do make one.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
To OTT
Neuvirth
Gudas
Simmonds

To PHI
Anderson
Rodewald
2019 3rd
Pyatt

not a large fan of either teams so I may be a bit off on value of this

or

To OTT
Neuvirth
2019 1st
Gudas

To PHI
Anderson
Lajoie

Unless you meant to include Mark Stone, yeah, I'd say the value's off. Gudas and Simmonds both have pretty high value (though not to Ottawa, since they're win-now pieces for a team that isn't likely to), and our #1 could very well be Hughes if we don't turn it around on the double. Just to give you an idea, we're expecting that Gudas would be worth a #2 and a mid-tier prospect, and Simmonds would be worth a #1 and a mid-high level prospect from a contending team. Our #1 should be utterly untouchable.

Reactions: Big Sugar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad