Speculation: Flyers goalie move coming?

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Before Crawford got concussed last night, I would have expected PHI would be in on him, but given the best course of action for Crow would be to retire at this point, perhaps Schneider is a guy they should consider; he desperately needs a change of scenery, the guy is just mentally shot in NJ. That goal against VGK by Carrier the other night was just horrid and the last straw.

I wondered this too a few weeks back but I don't think a mentally fragile goalie is the way to go.

I like the Varley idea. I always liked him.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Myers for Howard idea somebody floated?

IMG_0108.GIF

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
How is that for a goalie move ;

This is sad, because Hart needs to be sheltered from this team, I hope he does not play. This year has totally baffled me from a management standpoint. Why is Hextall gone, why is the coach still here, why did they not get a better goalie option to platoon with Elliot since he always seems to have some bad spells or gets hurt. I want the Flyers to be good again as a fan of the Rangers, love when these two teams are going at it. (and of course I am aware the Rangers have some work to do as well) :)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Kind of an interesting move. Let him get a taste and if he gets shelled send him back. He’s picked up his play in the AHL lately but definitely needs more marinating.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Recalling Hart is just a way to distract angry Flyers fans away from Hakstol. They know fans won't boo Hart....but they want Hak's head on a platter.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I can't even believe that the Flyers are 31 games into their season and about to start their 6th different goalie. Let's hope he's closer to how Elliott has been and nowhere near as bad as everyone else.

For the people who think Elliott has been part of the problem:
Brian Elliott
13 Starts: 6-7
2.59 GAA and .911 SV%

All 4 other goalies combined:
18 Starts: 6-8-4
4.21 GAA and .859 SV%

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Jake Allen is available.

Philly can have him for a dyed Blue Gritty. You all don't even have to get rid of your orange one! Just make a blue one for us.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The called up Hart? Ugh. Sorry Flyers fans.

The Flyers are another team apparently being run by its ownership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad