Rumor: Flyers gearing up to trade Wayne Simmonds

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Think he'd be good for the Jets as he's the grinding-veteran that produces regularly, although our roster is pretty much full now. I think Tampa should look at grabbing him, or in the West I'd say Nashville or St. Louis.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Forgive me if I'm misguided as I don't know much about the Flyers left D, but would something around Gardiner and Simmonds make sense?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Minnesota fans, since it’s coming from Russo, do you actually think they are interested?

Yes, I think that they are interested. Simmons checks a few boxes for both the coach and GM. He also checks a few not-so-good boxes, and what we might give up worries me.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Forgive me if I'm misguided as I don't know much about the Flyers left D, but would something around Gardiner and Simmonds make sense?
No.

Provorov
Ghost
Sanheim
Morin
Hagg
AMac
Hog erg
Bernhardt

...are all LHD.

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Myers
Morin Gudas
Hagg

...should be our D soon. The idea is if we add a RHD long term, Gudas could be moved at some point.

LHD is just a no.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
13th overall + Faksa

For

19th overall + Simmonds

Thoughts?

Yeah, I think I pass on that if I’m Jim. Faksa is gonna get some Selke votes here in a bit, and is a pretty key piece going forward. I could see Shore or Ritchie, maybe even Dickinson, going the other way but I dunno if that revs y’alls engine at all.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, I think I pass on that if I’m Jim. Faksa is gonna get some Selke votes here in a bit, and is a pretty key piece going forward. I could see Shore or Ritchie, maybe even Dickinson, going the other way but I dunno if that revs y’alls engine at all.

Hard pass on all of them.

How about 13 for Simmonds straight up?

Reactions: SnS

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

LHD is literally the last thing the Flyers need.

Connor Brown + 25 has been mentioned by Leafs fans before. That gets it done.

Reactions: Tripod

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Yes, I think that they are interested. Simmons checks a few boxes for both the coach and GM. He also checks a few not-so-good boxes, and what we might give up worries me.

Very interesting.

Needless to say, I like a few pieces off of Minnesota. So I’m sure something would be discussed.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

Meh. I like shore but he’s not the type of fit we’re looking at, in my opinion.

Reactions: Rebels57

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Only if we're giving them their first back and adding Frost.

Simmonds doesnt have the value to be a centerpiece for a top 4 (realistically, likely top pair, just stuck behind Pie) RHD that young and locked up so long.

I should've been more clear: Simmonds + for Parayko.

Ideally: Simmonds + Sanheim for Parayko

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Shooting for a big return like that will likely get shot down quickly. They have no reason to trade Parayko unless it's for a very good C.

The reason why I mention his name is because I've seen Blues fans throw his name out lately (very much to my surprise).

I'm not hell bent on Parayko myself, but heck it's worth asking.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The reason why I mention his name is because I've seen Blues fans throw his name out lately (very much to my surprise).

I'm not hell bent on Parayko myself, but heck it's worth asking.
They are also ok with moving him if the return is Draisaitl. It doesn't hurt to ask, but expect to hear that response.

Also, it makes sense that Simmonds goes to a contender. So trading away a roster player in return defeats that....even though Ellis was mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad