Rumor: Flyers gearing up to trade Wayne Simmonds

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
:laugh: Simmonds isn't getting you either Larkin or Mantha no way. And in his interview he did say he grew up a Wings fan it was when Detroit drafted Givanni Smith and Simmonds says that he reminds him of himself.

He thinks Simmonds is a better player than Giroux, Voracek and Couturier. His ludicrously bad talent evaluations are a running joke on the Flyers forum, so don't take his trade ideas seriously.

Reactions: Larry44

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Something around Spurgeon, perhaps? As a Flyers fan, I'd be really down with that, and we know Hextall is looking for a RHD. Spurgeon has an extra year on his contract but the basis of a deal could definitely be there, particularly if the Wild (over)value Simmer's "intangibles".

And this is where the word "concerned" is prudent.

I wouldn't like it at all.

Reactions: Bazeek

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know I will get told " WE Don't need more wingers, I don't care I want Wayne Simmonds on the Leafs.

I want Simmonds Matthews Nylander to be a thing

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I would want a draft pick in the teens or lower 20's + prospect.

or obv a RHD in a 1 for 1.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I understand your concern. I also hope that it comes to fruition. :laugh: Sorry.
Anything can happen, but I think there's about zero chance that either Spurgeon or Dumba is on the table for Simmonds. I'd be more worried about Nino/Zucker just because of the righty-lefty situation, but I think Simmonds being a year from UFA puts the kibosh on that as well. Doesn't sound like any of Eriksson-Ek, Kunin or Greenway is likely to move. That leaves #24, but with only 1 pick in the first two rounds of 2017 and 2018 that doesn't seem likely either.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oilers would be nice.
Milan Lucic is a real time example of why, no, it would not be nice. UFA power forward about to turn 30. Pass.

From Philly's perspective, I can't see why they wouldn't wait until the deadline to make s decision on him. They should be in the mix.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'm expecting Simmonds to have a monster year next year. An injury plagued Simmonds still paced for 26+ goals last year. A fully healthy and energized Simmonds is still very capable of putting up 30+ goals.

If a team needs a net-front PP guy and is looking to compete for a cup there might be no better option available than Wayne.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i love how the year our only valuable assets is available, everysingle winger in the game is up for sell. this team is damned.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Milan Lucic is a real time example of why, no, it would not be nice. UFA power forward about to turn 30. Pass.

From Philly's perspective, I can't see why they wouldn't wait until the deadline to make s decision on him. They should be in the mix.

We don't want to give him his next contract. We already have a replacement for him for PP1 - Patrick was actually better in Wayne's spot than Wayne was last year. The time to trade him is now. If we're in it at the deadline, it becomes far more difficult to deal him unless we're getting a clear upgrade.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'll take him to replace JVR. Easily.
In the Value thread for Simmonds just 2 months ago, a 1st+Brown was well received by lots of fans on both sides. And a few days ago, I mentioned it again on the Flyers board and most are on board with that deal still

Everyone will have to wait until June 23 for Simmonds to be moved.

Richards and Carter traded away on June 23, 2011. JVR traded away June 23, 2012. Scott Hartnell traded away June 23, 2014.

Don't stop there....Brayden Schenn was traded on June 23rd as well last year!

The issue is that this year, day 1 of the draft is June 22 and I think a 1st will be involved for him...unless Hextall wants another 2 1st rounders for next year....damn hoarder!

Leafs 1st + jeremy bracco + bozak ufa rights
1st+Brown gets it done....and hell....throw in the rights too!

Reactions: Insurrection

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad