Proposal: Flyers-Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Because every player is available if the trade makes sense. If the trade makes your team better overall, then you have to consider it.

OK consider this then if you do not mind. If Ray Shero called Ron Hextall and asked for Ivan Provorov and said Pavel Zacha was available. In your opinion, who would have to add? I am very curious to see your answer. My earlier comments about Zacha's "consistency" have clearly touched a nerve with some devil fans.
Thanks

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Zacha is more of a sure bet. I bet Philly would do the trade for positional need but it's risky for NJ. D in general are just harder to project unless they're super well rounded to begin with (which Sanheim is not).

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
OK consider this then if you do not mind. If Ray Shero called Ron Hextall and asked for Ivan Provorov and said Pavel Zacha was available. In your opinion, who would have to add? I am very curious to see your answer. My earlier comments about Zacha's "consistency" have clearly touched a nerve with some devil fans.
Thanks

Why are you bringing up Provorov in a trade about Zacha for Sanheim?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Thanks

Sure, but only if by "touched a nerve" you meant "was asinine and completely fictitious".

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Flyers would have no interest whatsoever in trading Sanheim for Zacha.

Big, mobile, two-way dmen that skate like Sanheim are far more valuable than most LWs (which regardless of where you think Zacha ends up playing in NJ, it is where he would end up playing in Philly).

Reactions: Curufinwe

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
No thanks I pass on Zacha. Any player at that age who does not give it his all I have a problem with. Travis will have a big role with the Flyers one day and I look forward to that but having said that if Ron were to move him it would be in a package to land someone who Hextall would have complete faith in. Just so happy jersey passed on Provorov.

PZ didn't go home this summer to train in New Jersey... Clearly very committed to his development. This is outta left field

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I am happy he was for Philly's sake. We landed a true #1 defenseman with pick 7. Heck I even like Travis Konecny better and he was a late 1st round pick that year. If the young man is so good why are fans of the bevs looking to move him in a one for one deal?

1) Provorov is a #1 DMan already? alrighty! :laugh:
2) this thread wasn't started by a Devils fan
3) I don't know if there is a Devils fan in this thread taht said that they would do the deal?

its pretty hard to be so wrong so many times in one post.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
I'm Switzerland here , to me value is almost fair but Philadelphia has no need for Zacha whilst Jersey has a massive need for Sanheim , so because of that Jersey adds ( not sure how much ) . However as others have previously said Philly has no need to make such a trade .

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
1) Provorov is a #1 DMan already? alrighty! :laugh:
2) this thread wasn't started by a Devils fan
3) I don't know if there is a Devils fan in this thread taht said that they would do the deal?

its pretty hard to be so wrong so many times in one post.

He was the Flyers #1 at 19 years old. Led the team in icetime...in fact he was the only rookie to lead his team in icetime. His 5v5 production was 1st pairing level. Was named the teams best defensemen at the end of the season (http://sonsofpenn.com/ivan-provorov-barry-ashbee-trophy-most-outstanding-defenseman/). All while playing with Andrew MacDonald. By next season, he will have cemented himself as a #1 dman by the arbitrary criteria used by the average hockey fan.

Back to this deal though..the Flyers simply cannot afford to trade a highly-skilled D prospect until their NHL defense is fixed and playing at a high level.

They had 3 NHL calibre defensemen last season (Provorov, Ghost, Gudas). Sanheim, Morin, and Hagg are expected to be in the mix this season and Phil Myers the next. Once the dust settles and they have a top 6 performing at a high level (for the first time since Prongers injury really), then they can consider trading 1 for help elsewhere.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Zacha is more of a sure bet. I bet Philly would do the trade for positional need but it's risky for NJ. D in general are just harder to project unless they're super well rounded to begin with (which Sanheim is not).

I havent seen this bad of a misinformed post in quite some time. You should track Sanheim's development a bit better.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Zacha isn't really a positional need.

We are set at Center.

Lindblom will be the top 6 LW we were missing.

Saying Sanheim isn't well-rounded is incorrect. He is very much a 2way defensemen.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Zacha isn't really a positional need.

We are set at Center.

Lindblom will be the top 6 LW we were missing.

Saying Sanheim isn't well-rounded is incorrect. He is very much a 2way defensemen.

This is is. OP doesn't realize Flyers are happy with their forward prospects and don't need to trade a potential impact offensive Dman who is big and fast for a good F prospect like Zacha.

OP is a fan of neither team and doesn't understand either team's needs/assets. Pass on all sides and close the thread please, it's moot.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You think Sam Morin is better than Greene, Severson, Santini or Moore? He's probably on par with Mirco Mueller

I wouldn't even go that far. I take Muellers potential over Morin every day. While I think Sanhiem is actually still quite underrated, Morin is massively overrated.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I wouldn't even go that far. I take Muellers potential over Morin every day. While I think Sanhiem is actually still quite underrated, Morin is massively overrated.

How is he overrated? Most people are expecting him to be a physical, top 4 shut down guy at the NHL, and he hasnt shown anything to discredit that.

Different strokes for different folks, i suppose.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
How is he overrated? Most people are expecting him to be a physical, top 4 shut down guy at the NHL, and he hasnt shown anything to discredit that.

He hasn't done anything to show he can be a top 4 dman. He has some of the worst advanced stats on the Phantoms and is only being regarded as high upside, which is what top 4 means, because he is tall and was taken 11th overall in a good draft. Think of it this way, in his draft +4 season, Philly was somewhat close to a playoff spot, traded Streit and he still didnt get a call up. They were trotting out NIck Schultz and Andrew MacDonald over him

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He hasn't done anything to show he can be a top 4 dman. He has some of the worst advanced stats on the Phantoms and is only being regarded as high upside, which is what top 4 means, because he is tall and was taken 11th overall in a good draft. Think of it this way, in his draft +4 season, Philly was somewhat close to a playoff spot, traded Streit and he still didnt get a call up. They were trotting out NIck Schultz and Andrew MacDonald over him

...and? We also trotted out Andrew MacDonald over a healthy Shayne Gostisbehere last year. Poor personnel decisions doesn't mean a player or prospect doesn't have upside still.

Reactions: Curufinwe

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Thanks

Except that question doesn't pertain to my comment.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I don't see much more than a 6/7 guy at the NHL level. So to me, he is overrated at a top 4 spot. Don't worry, you have plenty of other NHL top 4 talent in that pool. I think Morin is propped up by the rest.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I don't see much more than a 6/7 guy at the NHL level. So to me, he is overrated at a top 4 spot. Don't worry, you have plenty of other NHL top 4 talent in that pool. I think Morin is propped up by the rest.

You said he was "massively overrated". I wouldn't call the difference between people thinking he could be reliable #4 and you thinking he could be a #6 massive. He may be overrated to some, but I don't see many fans with strong opinions regarding him so it is kind of strange to call him very overrated.

You probably just haven't watched much of Morin. He is big, but he actually does have some decent speed. When the Flyers drafted him, he was raw to say the least. He will and has the largest developmental curve out of all our d-prospects. It will take him a long time to become that middle pair guy, maybe that is why you/others are pretty down on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad