Proposal: Flyers-Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I've read some rubbish on the main boards before, but this is absolute nonsense.

Chara and Gudas off the top of my head put up paltry numbers in the AHL. I bet you could find another 100 examples. Just absolute lazy stat checking.

Wait, you mean defensive defensemen don't always put up good numbers in the minors because they are...:cue music: defensive?

Nonsense. That can't happen.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
I really want nothing to do with trading away any of the Flyers prospects until they're in the big show and we are seeing their potential unfold.

Also, with four more 1st round selections in the next two drafts the Flyers have absolutely no reason to swap prospects with another team. We will likely get a few more forwards.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I really want nothing to do with trading away any of the Flyers prospects until they're in the big show and we are seeing their potential unfold.

Also, with four more 1st round selections in the next two drafts the Flyers have absolutely no reason to swap prospects with another team. We will likely get a few more forwards.

Four? How did we get the 4th?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Wait, you mean defensive defensemen don't always put up good numbers in the minors because they are...:cue music: defensive?

Nonsense. That can't happen.
A pure defensive defensmen is a dying breed and are most likely relegated to the third pair. It's why I have tempered expectations for Steve Santini. Elite defensive defensmen prospects are your Adam Larsson's of the world who don't meet the offensive upside.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I caught about 10 Phantoms games last year in person and several more on TV. Probably about the same the previous season. I'd imagine that's more than a lot of people, but maybe not. And being a top 4, which implies he has potential to be a top pair D man, compared to a fringe NHLer at 6/7 I think is a pretty big difference.

I respect the opinion that he may be a top 4 D man. I can't say he won't be. I just don't personally agree. I did acknowledge that D men take a very long time to develop, so I see your point about his development curve. I really don't have anything against the guy; and as I have several rational and respectable Flyer fan friends, I really don't hate the team the way a lot of other Devils fans do. As a Devils fan there is no doubt some bias, but I feel it a lot easier to be objective about the Flyers than I do about any other divisional rivals. LV was an incredible team to watch last season. They straight dominated teams. And it's only a piece of the Flyers prospect pool down there. There is so much potential in that group. I just don't see as much in Morin as others do. That's all.

I catch just about all of the Bears/Phantoms games in Hershey and in the last 2 seasons Morin just didn't impress me at all. He didn't play badly but he also didn't play great, he was just kinda average and I don't know how others feel but to me a Dman who is projected to be a top 4 in the NHL should probably be more impressive and controlling of the game when playing in the AHL even at a young age. Again, I'm just not that impressed with him

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
That 16 point season in the AHL is really enticing, that sort of offensive potential should really translate to the NHL. New Jersey and Philadelphia would be great trading partners if they weren't division rivals. This thread is silly.

Morin is not an offensive player. That is not what he brings to the table. I doubt anyone here debating that, accept you..

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
I catch just about all of the Bears/Phantoms games in Hershey and in the last 2 seasons Morin just didn't impress me at all. He didn't play badly but he also didn't play great, he was just kinda average and I don't know how others feel but to me a Dman who is projected to be a top 4 in the NHL should probably be more impressive and controlling of the game when playing in the AHL even at a young age. Again, I'm just not that impressed with him

Yea I thought he would be a wrecking ball in the defensive end, it just isn't so. The games I saw, he didn't impress me either.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Man Flyers fans are sensitive about their prospects. Like, really sensitive.

No way rivals swap top prospects. And I'm not ready to give up Zacha for a guy who hasn't seen the NHL yet.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Im saying his puck skills aren't good enough for a top 4 role.

I hate to admit it (but only because I wish it wasn't true) but I agree. He just doesn't look comfortable handling the puck and we're talking about in the AHL. I'm more than a little worried that he'll fumble the puck more often than Luke Schenn used to do when he was with us.

I hope that I'm wrong but I just don't see in him what many of my fellow Flyers fans do.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Would you mind submitting a list of personally approved topics we can discuss?

you missed the point of his post. we went the first page or two of this thread with both sides pretty confidently saying no to the OP deal. now everyone's just ragging on Morin. there's no point in keeping this open

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
NJ-PHI made a minor trade last season.
And that is literally the first transaction between the two franchises in more then a decade and it didn't do anything for either team. My point stands.
Would you mind submitting a list of personally approved topics we can discuss?

9c9.gif

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I hate to admit it (but only because I wish it wasn't true) but I agree. He just doesn't look comfortable handling the puck and we're talking about in the AHL. I'm more than a little worried that he'll fumble the puck more often than Luke Schenn used to do when he was with us.

I hope that I'm wrong but I just don't see in him what many of my fellow Flyers fans do.
It's just an area you take a risk with when you draft players like this. NJ did it with Steve Santini and he will most likely be a defensmen that reverses the puck a lot or off the glass.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
All Morin needs to do is to pass to his D partner....Ghost, Morin or Myers in the future. They will be the guys pushing the play and offense. Morin needs to be a good defensive player and good PKer. Plus, with his point totals being low, he will always be cheap against the cap which will be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->