Proposal: Flyers-Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think a trade that could help both teams is Zacha for Sanheim.

The Devils with their abundance of young forwards can afford to move out Zacha if it can bring a bluechip d-man back. The same goes for Philly, have a lot of solid d-prospects, they can take the chance of moving one to bring a young future top-6 forward back.

Sanheim would mesh well with Jersey's identify as fast as he is very quick and good in transition. Similarly Zacha could fit well with the Flyers mold of "large and talented" that is embodied by many of their up and coming core players like Patrick, Myers, and Provorov.

Even among their forward ranks, The Flyers strengths are RW and center, so a LW would be a perfect add. Once again, The devils are weak at D, but arguably more so at LD, so Sanheim would fit like a glove there.

Furthermore both guys are equally young, and would fit as core pieces into both teams timelines. Both teams take a risk, but sometimes you need the guts to take the risk, and its a little easier to do that when dealing from a position of strength for one of weakness.

Let me know what you think!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No thanks. Haven't followed Zacha's development, but i'd prefer the high potential D man to the high potential forward. If they both pan out and reach realistic ceilings, Sanheim has more value. Even if Zacha becomes a 1LW, and Sanheim is only a top 4 D man at the time, its probably equal value.

Moving D Prospects before you know what you have is a bad idea. Their value generally only increases as they develop.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
I have followed Zacha closely. I have seen nothing so far to entice me to trade a top D prospect for him. To be fair, we have no idea how well Sanheim will do in the NHL. And it's possible that Zacha will develop into a 2C. But today, if I am trading Sanheim, he is part of a package for a star player. I might eat my words in 3 years, but that's how it is with prospects. You never know.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Devils fans are happy deluding themselves that Zacha was the right pick.

We like Sanheim a lot, no thanks.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Just like Flyers fans are deluding themselves that they're happy Patrick fell to them.

:yo: Rock on, j-off.

Not that im condoning the original comment, but why bother responding with more unnecessary comments?

And for the record, we are. We were supposed to draft 13th, and instead we get a real chance at a 1C. Which one we got didnt really matter to us. We (potentially) filled the only hole we had left on our roster. Either would have done the trick.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yeah, no need for trash talk in this thread.

Guys like PZ, Sanheim, Nico, Patrick are all highly promising.

PZ could have used a full season in the AHL as a teen but he showed flashes of developing into a very good forward.

Doesn't matter now if some Devils fans wanted Ivan or PZ, our ex scouting director, David Conte, was enamored with PZ and at the time forward was a huge organizational need.

No chance that NJ & Philly make a significant trade anyways.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
these two teams do line up very well for a trade since the Flyers have a nice stable of young D prospects and the Devils have a nice stable of young forward prospects.

However, I can't see anything being done realistically. I would pass on the deal in the OP.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
No thanks I pass on Zacha. Any player at that age who does not give it his all I have a problem with. Travis will have a big role with the Flyers one day and I look forward to that but having said that if Ron were to move him it would be in a package to land someone who Hextall would have complete faith in. Just so happy jersey passed on Provorov.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
No thanks I pass on Zacha. Any player at that age who does not give it his all I have a problem with. Travis will have a big role with the Flyers one day and I look forward to that but having said that if Ron were to move him it would be in a package to land someone who Hextall would have complete faith in. Just so happy jersey passed on Provorov.

....what? I've never heard this once about Zacha so I truly have no idea what you're talking about.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
....what? I've never heard this once about Zacha so I truly have no idea what you're talking about.

I hope you are kidding. Just go back and read his reports his draft year. Consistency is brought up more than once. I am not calling him a dog by any means but to say you have never heard that about him before gives me reason to pause.

PS: Just went back and pulled up three reports. Two brought up the consistency issue just in case you think I am BSing you.

Last edited:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I hope you are kidding. Just go back and read his reports his draft year. Consistency is brought up more than once. I am not calling him a dog by any means but to say you have never heard that about him before gives me reason to pause.

Consistency and not giving effort are 2 different things. Having just watched him for a full season I don't think Zacha lacked in effort.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Like others have said, consistency =/= effort and I really don't see how you connected those dots.

Pass on the OP, I have really high hopes for Zacha and it would pain me sending him to Philly. I can't see this thread lasting long with the ever-lasting **** match between the two fan bases.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

PS: Just went back and pulled up three reports. Two brought up the consistency issue just in case you think I am BSing you.

consistency issues =/= not giving effort

you're REALLY stretching.

Not to mention, I have seen none of him "dogging it" in NJ.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It's far too risky to make trades like this with high profile prospects. The chance of them busting is always there.

If Zacha or Sanheim gets traded, it will be in a package deal for an upgrade. Otherwise, the Devils and Flyers would assume way to much risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad