Proposal: Flyers-Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I wouldn't do this. Flyers have so many good F prospects that play a bigger and meaner game.
Defense has been a problem in recent history, so acquiring what we already have at the expense of our top D prospect doesn't make much sense. Not trying to put down Zacha, but both sides seem to stray away.

Sanheim could very well be a bust and Zacha could be a 1/2C or a 1/2Winger, but it's hard to evaluate prospects.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
From the Flyers perspective, the team already has a lot of forwards to juggle this season if Lindblom and Patrick make the team as expected. Adding another one who needs to play in the top 9 to develop at the cost of their best defensive prospect doesn't make sense.

Weal-Giroux-Simmonds
Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
Filppula-Patrick-Konecny
Raffl-Laughton/Lehtera-Read/Weise

This lineup assumes Vecchione (who's on a one way contract, but is waiver exempt) starts the year in the AHL.

sharksisles4

Aug 15, 2017
Does PHI really need another forward prospect?

Lindblom and Patrick likely stepping in this year, they seem good there.. would assume they'd prefer D to F at this point.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I guess both fans bases have responded that they'll just keep their own guy so I guess this thread is a wrap, nothing more to talk about. :)

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Still don't know what the trade was because I didn't want to read a news article to find it.

Answer is probably no, though.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
No thanks I pass on Zacha. Any player at that age who does not give it his all I have a problem with. Travis will have a big role with the Flyers one day and I look forward to that but having said that if Ron were to move him it would be in a package to land someone who Hextall would have complete faith in. Just so happy jersey passed on Provorov.

I'm sorry but what the hell are you talking about?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
for all of zacha's faults, lack of effort isn't one of them (that i've noticed, anyway)

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Consistency and not giving effort are 2 different things. Having just watched him for a full season I don't think Zacha lacked in effort.

Agreed. Vinny Prospal was streaky which made him inconsistent. It had nothing to do with his work ethic. From the games I watched of Zacha, he didn't look lazy. He didn't have a high motor but those are usually bottom line guys.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
both sides probably say no, tho i would welcome Sanheim to our roster lol

also appears that some people here are equating lack of effort with timidity, which is harmful to discussion because it unfairly distorts the perception of a player. zacha holding back on shooting doesnt mean he wasnt trying, it means he was trying to get the puck to someone with more confidence

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
For me Zacha should never have been selected with the 6th overall pick. I hoped his early development would make me higher on him, it didn't. I feel like he will only become a good 3rd line player at best. Sanheim has a better updside IMO.

I feel like he's like a Couturier, but not as good. I don't see why Philly would need that type of player.

If I'm NJ and take the deal anytime. If I'm Philly, I hang up the phone.

Not a fan of neither team.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Does PHI really need another forward prospect?

Lindblom and Patrick likely stepping in this year, they seem good there.. would assume they'd prefer D to F at this point.

No we don't. Just look below.

From the Flyers perspective, the team already has a lot of forwards to juggle this season if Lindblom and Patrick make the team as expected. Adding another one who needs to play in the top 9 to develop at the cost of their best defensive prospect doesn't make sense.

Weal-Giroux-Simmonds
Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
Filppula-Patrick-Konecny
Raffl-Laughton/Lehtera-Read/Weise

This lineup assumes Vecchione (who's on a one way contract, but is waiver exempt) starts the year in the AHL.

Then we have Vorobyev also starting in the AHL this coming year. Rubstov around the corner. Etc...

Philly has no need to make this move. It's been said many times that the Flyers don't need to trade D for forwards until there is a logjam at D. And right now, Manning and AMac are on the roster. We need to keep all the young D to shove those 2 to the sidelines.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm a Zacha fan but no way I do this. Maybe Morin?

God no. Never. Having seen Morin in person in LV many times, I struggle to figure out why people are so high on him.

While a trade between these two teams is a bit more possible than between the Devils and rangers, it's very unlikely. Especially involving two highly touted young prospects.

Those comparing Zacha to Coots are mistaken IMO. While Couturier will likely be the better defensive player, Zacha is a better skater, stronger, has a better shot and a higher offensive hockey IQ. I like Sanhiem a lot so I can understand Flyers fans not wanting to make this trade. If I were in their shoes, I certainly wouldn't. I don't see why that means we have to diminish Zacha down to a 3rd line upside player though. It makes me question if people even watch him play or just look at stat lines.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Deam78;135252613[B said:
]For me Zacha should never have been selected with the 6th overall pick[/B]. I hoped his early development would make me higher on him, it didn't. I feel like he will only become a good 3rd line player at best. Sanheim has a better updside IMO.

I feel like he's like a Couturier, but not as good. I don't see why Philly would need that type of player.

If I'm NJ and take the deal anytime. If I'm Philly, I hang up the phone.

Not a fan of neither team.

I am happy he was for Philly's sake. We landed a true #1 defenseman with pick 7. Heck I even like Travis Konecny better and he was a late 1st round pick that year. If the young man is so good why are fans of the bevs looking to move him in a one for one deal?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm not too high on either guy, but I think Zacha is more a sure thing to become an NHL regular, so I'd prefer to keep him.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I am happy he was for Philly's sake. We landed a true #1 defenseman with pick 7. Heck I even like Travis Konecny better and he was a late 1st round pick that year. If the young man is so good why are fans of the bevs looking to move him in a one for one deal?

Because every player is available if the trade makes sense. If the trade makes your team better overall, then you have to consider it.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ

Who are the Bevs?

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
I think the Flyers are set down the middle. Probably one of the best center depths heading into this season. If Zacha gets a chance, it should be somewhere where he can try for a Top 6 spot. And that's still New Jersey, no matter how badly they need D (weird to say about this team).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad