Confirmed with Link: Flyers claim Mike McKenna (G) off waivers

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If we're just gonna go by SV%, Hart is .901 in the AHL, and .899 in the NHL.
I’m not only going to go on save percentage, or else I’d have agreed with you that Lyon’s AHL number this season or McKenna’s in previous seasons mean they’re good. I think they both are lousy NHL level goalies, but Lyon looks so shaky to me I’d rather give anyone a chance over him as a temporary backup. Well, except Pickard or Mrazek, maybe, since they failed their chances spectacularly.

Hart is at least a highly decorated prospect, so I support giving him a look.
However, I wouldn’t keep him up if gets shelled, & I’ve been concerned by some of the goals he’s given up even though he moves better than their other guys.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
This must mean Neuvirth is hurt again, I assume, and they literally didn’t have enough goalies left to play on both teams...?

So I guess Hart is our starter now.

I would rather call up Lyon and send Hart back down to LV. Do not want Hart to be exposed to this toxic losing environment
Nuevy probably tore a groin muscle putting on his skates.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
No goalie can save this team. Not Bernie. Not Roy. No one.

Our defense is a sieve. No exaggeration or hyperbole. And back checking..... when the F* did a Flyers team (in general) completely forget to back check for 60 minutes? Not 20. Not 30. The full 60. The game is not hard but when you stop playing the basics each game and believe there is no time (Hey Coaches!! Learn to coach. Or get your ass fired! ) to teach the basics during season practices....this is the dreck you get.

I sincerely believe the players are trying but the team has little structure and it shows.

I also believe this is an 'off year' where things are not going to fall our way (goal post shots, injuries, etc) and we are not this bad. It happens to every team.

*rant*

done.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
To all those clamoring for Hughes, just remember that this team is going to win a bunch of meaningless games at the end of the season so that draft somewhere in the 5-10 range. That's pretty much a certainty.

tenor.gif

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
To all those clamoring for Hughes, just remember that this team is going to win a bunch of meaningless games at the end of the season so that draft somewhere in the 5-10 range. That's pretty much a certainty.

well its not like we can fault the players. cant imagine this group likes all this losing. Sure it would be frustrating losing draft position, but I am not a fan of playing the games to lose on purpose. I dont think Giroux will allow it anyway.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I would rather call up Lyon and send Hart back down to LV. Do not want Hart to be exposed to this toxic losing environment
Nuevy probably tore a groin muscle putting on his skates.

I feel like if players are mentally strong enough to end up at the highest level and fulfill their potential then the team sucking should really just be a "frustration" in the short term, and not impact who they become.

Carter, Richards, Umberger and Coburn all played on that awful 2006-07 team as "kids"... it did not hurt them at all. None had played more than 81 games of NHL hockey heading into that year.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Hart, Giroux, Sanheim Ghost Provy Myers NAK Elliot will all contribute to wins, we arent getting Hughes. A top 10 pick is hopeful

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Why?

Neither are a problem and there's much worse players who should be replaced first.

Im guessing because the have most realistic value. Raff at his salary as a 4th liner should be in high demand. Jets could Use greatly.

Top teams may want to add Raffl more than Simmer imo

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Im guessing because the have most realistic value. Raff at his salary as a 4th liner should be in high demand. Jets could Use greatly.

Top teams may want to add Raffl more than Simmer imo

But our focus should be improving the NHL roster, not adding picks if it means weakening the team. The guys we REALLY need to trade are addition-by-subtraction guys like Simmonds or MacDonald. If we're trying to add room then it should be guys like Hagg, Weise, or Weal.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Moving players who are not signed beyond his year should be near the top of the list. If it brings just picks, fine. At a minimum it opens slots to see what we really have in Myers, Big Sam, NAK, Pimp, Ruby, etc. And those picks can be used to sweeten deals that are real hockey trades.

But moving anyone signed past this year not named AMac should only be in a real hockey trade. A goalie for 2-3 years, a RHD for 4+ years, etc, those are the priority. Scoring wings, a #3 C, and backfilling for the guys we traded can all be done at the draft and in FA.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'd rather re-sign Gudas, otherwise we're just looking for a replacement.

I get that, but in another 1.5 years, Ghost and Provy will be so called vets, I don't hate cleaning out as many of the regulars as possible tho. And I have no ill will towards Gudas.

Provy Ghost
Samheim Myers
Morin UFA Vet
Friedman

Thats who I would like to see in 1.5 yrs. Gudas can be the UFA tho

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
perhaps a new goalie coach would be warrented as well.
I never know how much that helps (or in some cases hurts).
But if there’s somebody out there who Fletcher knows is good, why not? Clear out the Hextall people.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I get that, but in another 1.5 years, Ghost and Provy will be so called vets, I don't hate cleaning out as many of the regulars as possible tho. And I have no ill will towards Gudas.

Provy Ghost
Samheim Myers
Morin UFA Vet
Friedman

Thats who I would like to see in 1.5 yrs. Gudas can be the UFA tho
I think even if we sign Gudas, for like 2 or 3 years and pretty cheap, he would be movable if we eventually need room. We've seen much much worse defensemen moved.

And I don't even meant to re-sign him because he's a vet. I mean because we don't have any better options right now and there's usually not many good options in FA (and even if there is one, we have no guarantee they want to come here).

Reactions: lancer247

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

Im ok with it if it is the right players doing the winning. Then it wouldnt be meaningless because at least itd carry over to next year.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Why?

Neither are a problem and there's much worse players who should be replaced first.
because they're guys who could entice other teams and fetch assets, especially Gudas. This team is not going to be competing any time soon, so might as well sell of any expendable assets that could fetch a return, and open up a roster spot for Myers.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
because they're guys who could entice other teams and fetch assets, especially Gudas. This team is not going to be competing any time soon, so might as well sell of any expendable assets that could fetch a return, and open up a roster spot for Myers.
I think Gudas has more value as a player than a few mediocre draft picks.

Plus, all we need to do for Myers is get rid of MacDonald. If we lose Gudas then we need to find a replacement...

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I think Gudas has more value as a player than a few mediocre draft picks.

Plus, all we need to do for Myers is get rid of MacDonald. If we lose Gudas then we need to find a replacement...

If I trade Gudas it wouldnt be for picks. But am fine with keeping him and extending him 2-3 yrs at 4 ish per ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad