Confirmed with Link: Flyers claim Mike McKenna (G) off waivers

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
it seems the fan base is united in negativity, including myself.

Personally, I was on board with Hextall.
So I guess all the people who liked Hextall are now on board with all the people who are discontented which is everyone else.
We're all opposed to the rudderless direction.

This is the most united the fan base has been since the acquisition of Lindros...... just talking out my ass here with this final statement,

I was on board with Hextall because I liked his patience - except it ran out for me with Hakstol. I still approved of Hextall's patience with not trying to trade to get better for this season at the expense of the future. I sort of looked at it like the Sixers rebuild where I knew we would be bad. I don't like trying to get better now at the expense of the future - like trading Frost for Anderson from the Sens just to try to make the playoffs or some such crap that I think about with the Holmgren era.

I have given up on the season - not in a negative way - it is what it is and there is no reason to try to make a change to win 5 or 6 more games than we would otherwise if it means hurting the long term chances. This team is such a catastrophe right now, I can't see any way to salvage the season, so why bother. Get what we can for the flotsam and jetsam we have and try to make some moves in the off season.

I have to say though, I have never had such a blah feeling for the team. Even in the days of Dale Kushner, Pat Murray, Murray Baron et al., we were bad and we knew we were bad. This team shouldn't be so bad, which is what is so frustrating. I think the Blues have to be the only team more frustrated this season.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Seems to me McKenna's wife was using their kids on social media to humblebrag about being married to an NHL hockey player while also trying to garner sympathy at the same time.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Because his wife started complaining about him being away from the kids. Apparently he is being forced to be a journeyman goalie. He cant get a job that allows his family stability...because reasons.
He should get career counseling from Michael Suitcase Leighton then....the consummate journeyman goalie.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
I would imagine at this point when Fletch picks up the phone and mentions goalies, he is met with laughter on the other end.

We need someone to get healthy, in a bad way. Otherwise we are getting pantsed (sp?), not just fleeced, but when someone literally pulls down your pants on you and you are left with your junk exposed.

What about Sandstrom?? Do we not have enough contracts at this point?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Keep - Provorov, Sanheim
Call -up - Myers
Incinerate - @pit

giphy.gif

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I would imagine at this point when Fletch picks up the phone and mentions goalies, he is met with laughter on the other end.

We need someone to get healthy, in a bad way. Otherwise we are getting pantsed (sp?), not just fleeced, but when someone literally pulls down your pants on you and you are left with your junk exposed.

What about Sandstrom?? Do we not have enough contracts at this point?
Sandstrom has a full year contract in Sweden. He's not eligible to come over until his Swedish team's season is finished.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Guess he joins a long list of nondescript/journeyman goalies that look like Hall of Famers and have career games against the Flyers...

Well, since you brought it up, of course I must mention Atlanta Thrasher Scott Fankhouser, my personal favorite back-up who played otherwordly to tie the Flyers in the 99-00 season, filling in for Norm Maracle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->