Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Caps | 5/7/21 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Odd play by Eller with time expiring, ringing the puck to where Caps couldn't get a shot on net before the horn.

Reactions: troyerlaw

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Yes I know that was your point. I'm saying he was that deep because of the other forwards. Should he have challenged the first man in more with 2 other guys at center and LW who could get the pass instead?
Allison was the only Flyer in the zone. Vanecek should have challenged the shooter. And he had no reason to go down. He has no clue how to make a save standing up.
He needs alot of coaching.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
upload_2021-5-7_20-45-21.gif
Oshie rn

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Just start Anderson in the playoffs lol

He has actually historically been a great playoff goalie.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Feels like the season where they started Neuvirth in the playoffs over Varlamov? I think Tampa swept us in four.

Vanecek reminds me a lot of Neuvirth. A solid backup or 1B.

Samsonov has more potential and athleticism but needs to refine his game a lot.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Feels like the season where they started Neuvirth in the playoffs over Varlamov? I think Tampa swept us in four.

Vanecek reminds me a lot of Neuvirth. A solid backup or 1B.

Samsonov has more potential and athleticism but needs to refine his game a lot.

Even a bad Noovy looked better than this.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It’s league policy. Doesn’t matter what we do. No input on protocol list. Been this way throughout the league all year
Ok if it is league policy that's fine but what did they do to be placed in protocol and why wait a few days to place them in protocol.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Allison was the only Flyer in the zone. Vanecek should have challenged the shooter. And he had no reason to go down. He has no clue how to make a save standing up.
He needs alot of coaching.

The puck was pretty much by him before he went down, or very close. And the only reason Allison was the only Flyer in the zone is because the 2 others peeled off at the blueline for a change right after the dump. VV didn't see this as he was watching the puck and protecting the post against freak bounces. He took a look at the shooter and got in position but Allison made a quick snapshot right in the far corner. First thing VV does after the puck goes by is look to the other side to see if the other forwards were still there.

Can't stop them all. Not sure you can coach a guy to challenge on that play unless he's got uncanny awareness to know that a quick line change is coming instead of a rush.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Got rid of leader of men Troy Brouwer in that trade too which was an added plus. Always loved reading his quotes talking a big game while he did f*** all but throw soft body checks, if you could even say that.

boy nobody benefited from home cooking by the local stat guy than Brouwer. Never saw someone so soft rack up so many "hits" in the stat tables

crab

Jan 26, 2019
boy nobody benefited from home cooking by the local stat guy than Brouwer. Never saw someone so soft rack up so many "hits" in the stat tables

Honestly I don’t remember him ever throwing a decent hit but stat wise he was always racking hits up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad