Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Caps | 5/7/21 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Not going anywhere in the playoffs with VV, Ovi hurt and Kuzy not doing his (old) thing. I still think this is an asterisk season so I don't really care. Window is closing......

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Chara-Jensen seems to be regressing from their solid play earlier.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They still control their own destiny as far as 1st in the division. All this pissing on the team after they left it all on the ice last game is shitty AF.

After that last game, this one being a let down is predictable. In fact it was predicted. A .600 winning % is excellent. Around here that means that the team sucks ass 40% of the time.

Meanwhile, this team is nowhere without Vanecek. He saved their ass this season

Reactions: Calicaps

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
We're doomed. We're f***in doomed.....is the kind of vibes I get from this thread. Like this people didn't know a day ago that this is the kind of goaltending they've had all year long. Just the guys being tired and bounces not going their way resulted in this outcome. What's that surprising about the game? I thought Vanecek has actually had a good 3rd period and made a couple of good saves but the team just couldn't get it going. Not their night

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
well players dont get younger during covid seasons
I don't see what your point is. Their window is closing. This season is just out of whack with the new division play. The awards will be a joke due to every team playing the same teams every week. Whatever. Not trying to argue.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
They still control their own destiny as far as 1st in the division. All this pissing on the team after they left it all on the ice last game is shitty AF.
I guess you’re right. It’s also the cumulative effect of playing all these recent games w/ shot bench due to injuries, penalties & misconducts, and not enough cap space to dress a full lineup. That last part is squarely on BMac. It should be a lesson for future. It really impacts team health when it gets to where guys are having to come back from injury b4 they’re ready

Reactions: AussieCapsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad