Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Caps | 5/7/21 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
I don't see what your point is. Their window is closing. This season is just out of whack with the new division play. The awards will be a joke due to every team playing the same teams every week. Whatever. Not trying to argue.
you should care about covid seasons

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I guess you’re right. It’s also the cumulative effect of playing all these recent games w/ shot bench due to injuries, penalties & misconducts, and not enough cap space to dress a full lineup. That last part is squarely on BMac. It should be a lesson for future. It really impacts team health when it gets to where guys are having to come back from injury b4 they’re ready
There's no lesson. Covid f***ed up the cap. So GMBM had a choice: spend what it took to get guys so they could compete this year, or save cap space and ice a lesser roster. He made the right choice in an impossible situation.

Reactions: Corby78 and DWGie26

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Lol whenever Neuvy started looking decent he would get sick or injured.

At least he has a playoff series against the Rangers win. That was ugly 2nd round against TB that year, however it was nice to quiet the Boudreau haters in NY lol.

Reactions: crab

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I dont care about the COVID season.

I respect your opinion. I felt that way last year and really didn't even feel anything when they lost to the Isles. This year though, despite it being a shortened COVID season I'm different. Getting rid of Reirden and GMBM addressing the limitations changed my outlook and now with the NYR debacle and Oshie's personal loss only has me more energized for a 2021 SC run. Right now I want to see Oshie lift the SC again.

Reactions: Calicaps

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
BMAC has done fine.

COVID/Taxi rules allow players to play 10 games without having to clear waivers back to the Taxi squad. So send Carr back and let Scarabosa or Pilon get a game tomorrow.

Reactions: TheLegendOfPatPeake

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
BMAC has done fine.

COVID/Taxi rules allow players to play 10 games without having to clear waivers back to the Taxi squad. So send Carr back and let Scarabosa or Pilon get a game tomorrow.

I liked his game with the time he had. I would like to see him back in as well.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Sometime I think the fact that we have been so fortunate as to have the likes of Ovie, Backstrom, Oshie, Chara, and 2018Kuzy makes people forget what really good hockey payers are like. Those guys are elite, each in their own way, and we have 5 of them. Most really good hockey players, Mantha for instance, aren't close to as good as those guys. That doesn't make them shit. It doesn't make them average. But it does give Caps fans totally unreasonable expectations.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Sometime I think the fact that we have been so fortunate as to have the likes of Ovie, Backstrom, Oshie, Chara, and 2018Kuzy makes people forget what really good hockey payers are like. Those guys are elite, each in their own way, and we have 5 of them. Most really good hockey players, Mantha for instance, aren't close to as good as those guys. That doesn't make them shit. It doesn't make them average. But it does give Caps fans totally unreasonable expectations.

Remember when a washed up Housley was the best we could attract to D.C. :)? I'm glad times have changed.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I know the solution to our goaltending issue. Play both, but every time when one of them has a really good game, next game play other one. It seems after a really good stretch (often short), they play less stelar.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Poor effort, got what they deserved.

They were offered a way back in the 3rd with all those chances but the Backstrom line couldn't finish any of them.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Poor effort but with Elliott in his normal mode and not a vezina type goalie he was tonight, Caps take at least a point.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Prone to slumps, often looks like he's floating out there, doesn't bring much in the defensive zone, lack of compete level, doesn't do much when he's not scoring.

Basically, he's the same as the player we gave up for him

I think most of us were guilty of piling onto the Mantha train before it had left the station, and he has cooled off from his great start with the team.

But I really want to see what happens in the playoffs before deciding he's a bum :)

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I don’t think he has. He has 2 points in his last 8 games and no goals. He goes entire stretches where he is totally invisible. I don’t see how that is worth Vrana, a first and a second. Vrana has been very good in Detroit too.
hes not worth it but he is better then V and no one csn doubt that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad