Confirmed with Link: Flyers and Schenn avoid Arbitration (4 years, $5.125M AAV)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't expect him to keep this scoring pace up obviously, but just to show how well he did after his brother was traded...

Lecavalier and Schenn were traded on January 6th and from January until the end of the season Schenn led the team in scoring with 44 points (19 goals and 25 assists) in 44 games.

He's not going to be a PPG player, but that's a nice chunk of time to maintain a great scoring pace.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Nope, but they might as well close the thread since it's going nowhere.

If Ovy re-signed today, they'd still come in and say Matthews or Nylander are better signings.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I don't get why people act surprised when people idiot it up on the main board or when our awful media is awful. With the former I get the rage, some stuff is so trollish and stupid it's just naturally incensing, but it's never a surprise and you know talking to them won't lead anywhere productive. With the the awful "journalists" and media, you're giving them exactly what they want by talking about them which is clicks and name-dropping. It's why I don't understand people who know Eklunds horrible but still post his stuff or read his stuff, you're just encouraging it by even discussing him and especially by clicking the link.

I never understand people though so maybe it's just me.

Hoping Schenn keeps it up next year. Last season was the first time I've been truly impressed and fully satisfied with him.

DecadesofFutility

May 22, 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
Schenn was 11th in LW scoring this year. What does he have to do to be integral in our lineup?

We can only HOPE our forward prospects can reach this level.

He needs to repeat last years performance, this year.
I hope I am wrong but, I just think he may have reached his peak, and the
Flyers have paid based on last years production.
I just do not think he skates well enough and will score enough to merit the 1st line LW position.
If he becomes the 2nd line LW, is he then overpaid?

I hope some of their prospect forwards do reach a high lvl because I would hate to be
resigning declining 30+ year olds to $6-7 million dollar contracts out of desperation.
I would be better to invest the salary cap dollars into younger players.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He needs to repeat last years performance, this year.
I hope I am wrong but, I just think he may have reached his peak, and the
Flyers have paid based on last years production.
I just do not think he skates well enough and will score enough to merit the 1st line LW position.
If he becomes the 2nd line LW, is he then overpaid?

I hope some of their prospect forwards do reach a high lvl because I would hate to be
resigning declining 30+ year olds to $6-7 million dollar contracts out of desperation.
I would be better to invest the salary cap dollars into younger players.

Again...he needs 51/52 points to be paid accordingly. They DID NOT pay him based on 1 years production. If they did, he would be getting 5.9 million.

I could care less where Schenn plays. Either way, he will be in the top 6 with G or Couts as his C. And if he is getting 50+ points, all is well.

I have been very vocal about not signing 30 year olds to 5/6 year deals. I said it before, in a perfect world:

Laberge replaces Simmonds in 3 years
Allison replaces Schenn in 4 years
Rubstov eventually replaces Couts in 6 years.

Just gotta find G and Jakrs replacement someday.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Why on earth do you wanna replace Couts?

The idea that we would not re-sign, barring some dramatic setback, a 29 year old Couturier is pretty outlandish. There's no hard and fast rule for not resigning players, especially your own core ones, nearing 30. It's all about trends in their play. Players can have very very productive aged 29-35+ seasons. I mean, sheesh, the number of stars players in that range that are vital contributors and core players still is too lengthy to list. When Coots's contract is up that year, Giroux will be 34 going on 35 and done his. Something else to think about.

I'm sure some other player will emerge out of the blue as a great center prospect, but the idea of rolling Coots (age 29) and Rubtsov if he pans out (age 24) doesn't sound too shabby for a contending team. Those just so happen to be the ages of Giroux and Coots respectively this upcoming year.

Last edited:

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
It makes me angry that someone that incompetent can remain employed.

I could live with his incompetence if he wasn't flat out lazy. In this instance, all he did was add a paragraph to an article he wrote a few days ago. In general, he is too lazy to invest time into doing any research. What a disgrace.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He also said Schenn's agent would ask for 1 year in arbitration, even though term was for the Flyers to decide per the CBA.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
One of the things that pisses me off most about him is how he asks questions during media scrums. He really takes his time rambling and then eventually getting to the question (which is always stupid).

He's just so arrogant that he thinks he can take his time and waste everyone else's. As if what he wants to ask is important enough that everyone should wait on him.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Yeah thanks! What was funny was the next video in the queue was Panaccio talking about Schenn perhaps not being worth $5 mil a year....ugh.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Seriously, let's all band together and take down our ****-face beat-writers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad