Post-Game Talk: Flyers 5, Penguins 2 - Because No ColePens Analysis Is Necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The Medical Staff is there to save these idiots from themselves. If you asked a player with an injury if he's ready to go, he'll say yes, he'll do the kind of stupid Dupuis did.

This is why teams have Team Doctors and a Medical Staff.

Yeah that’s who I was talking about the medico’s make the call. If they check the scans and the movement they might make the call that the player can play even though it’s not 100% but shouldn’t get worse (and waiting won’t speed it up)

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
You hate to see it...

Evan Rodrigues with more ice time than Jason Zucker.
Ive been saying that there is something fundamentally wrong with how Sullivan evaluates players. I thought the new assistants would help, but either Sullivan doesn’t listen to his staff and scouts, or the GMs office is way too involved.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
tenor.gif

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ive been saying that there is something fundamentally wrong with how Sullivan evaluates players. I thought the new assistants would help, but either Sullivan doesn’t listen to his staff and scouts, or the GMs office is way too involved.
I've been saying it the moment Tocchet left, that Sullivan really doesn't know how to hone in on how to really work a system. They essentially played Tocchet's offense with Martin's defense schemes and when Tocchet left, the forward group really started to look out of sorts and its been a gong show since. Reirden and Vellucci haven't had nearly enough time so all we're seeing is full blown Sully Style.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah that’s who I was talking about the medico’s make the call. If they check the scans and the movement they might make the call that the player can play even though it’s not 100% but shouldn’t get worse (and waiting won’t speed it up)
It's not so much the waiting, it's the proper rehab to get it at 100% before they're back in. Because if you say ok, well mate, 80% should do ya....well after game one, they're already down 70% etc because players know where that injury is, which is why I get why people want those injuries to be private.
Being medically cleared and getting back to your old self can be worlds apart when you blow out your shoulder.

He’s only played like 7 games since he wrecked his shoulder.

It’s a pretty big mental hurdle to deal with.

Some guys are never the same so hopefully he’s just finding himself again.

He’s one guy I’ll be giving a lot of leash to before I criticize him.
Melichar
Maatta

We have ample examples of why you should f***ing wait.

We're lucky John Leclair didn't f*** up Geno's worse.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There's a good chance this team won't get a win on the books until the Rangers game and even that one, at this point, I wouldn't even say that's got a good chance for this team.

Reactions: Gurglesons

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

Well outside of about 15 minutes, they played a pretty game considering Erod ruins L1, and the overall 2nd line troubles. It was a winnable game, but the defensive breakdowns, when they did occur, were the kind that will lose you games a good chunk of the time.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Well outside of about 15 minutes, they played a pretty game considering Erod ruins L1, and the overall 2nd line troubles. It was a winnable game, but the defensive breakdowns, when they did occur, were the kind that will lose you games a good chunk of the time.

The issue is those defensive problems seem to crop up every single game. Other than that stretch last year before Christmas where the Pens were actually playing really good defense, this team has looked disorganized in its own zone almost constantly for about 3 straight seasons now.

It has to be coaching at this point -- whether it's his system or them tuning him out -- because I just can't see the collection of players we currently have as being *that* dumb that they seem confused by even the most fundamental of where to position themselves in their own zone.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Penguins could have won both games.

They refuse to shoot and they had horrible goaltending. They went to the net, but unfortunately no one could get the pick to the net. Lines need readjusted.

Defense was abysmal in game 1, better in game 2.

All in all, I have some hope if they can figure out what it takes to win again.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The issue is those defensive problems seem to crop up every single game. Other than that stretch last year before Christmas where the Pens were actually playing really good defense, this team has looked disorganized in its own zone almost constantly for about 3 straight seasons now.

It has to be coaching at this point -- whether it's his system or them tuning him out -- because I just can't see the collection of players we currently have as being *that* dumb that they seem confused by even the most fundamental of where to position themselves in their own zone.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kristopher Letang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad