Post-Game Talk: Flyers 5, Penguins 2 - Because No ColePens Analysis Is Necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Guentzel wrecked his shoulder and is trying to work himself back into form.

That’s a tough injury to come back from. People need to cut him a break.

Others don’t have his legit excuse for playing badly.
He was injured over a year ago.

Just saying...

giphy.gif

Reactions: TKalltheTime

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t doubt Jarry, but there was always a chance he wasn’t ready to be a # 1G and our GM went for Cody Ceci instead of addressing that. You and I both talked about Howard and Anderson on many occasion.

The coach and GM are f***ing clueless. The only saving grace for JR right now is getting Jankowski for nothing.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That’s a fair point.

I just don’t think he’s this offensive force that people make him out to be. I hope I’m proven wrong and he can legit help carry the offense from here on out.

I never got the impression people saw Guentzel as some offensive dynamo that takes over games by himself.

He’s just a top end secondary guy.

He shouldn’t be married to Crosby though.

GMR was one of the best lines in hockey when they were together last season and it’s worth exploring if that chemistry is still there.

What could go wrong? They might actually win a game.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Sully will make some great adjustments for Sunday.

He will sit Ruh for Ceci.

200.gif

We will get blown out yet again, but in Sully’s head, we will have played a better game and should have won. We will have played a near perfect 4 minutes in the second period. Bad bounces, hot goalie, blah blah blah.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Have you ever blown out your shoulder?

It takes well over a year to get back to normal my man.

JG wrecked his shoulder... bad.

He’s not Metal Mario.
Begs the question, should a medical professional clear someone that isn't fully recovered from an injury?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Begs the question, should a medical professional clear someone that isn't fully recovered from an injury?

Generally I’d say they would clear someone if they don’t think it’d get worse by playing and not playing won’t really speed up anything.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
They have played the same lazy hockey for 4 seasons now. They have the talent, but unless Sullivan goes, they are gonna be handing Minnesota a great pick.

They have clearly tuned Sullivan out. Same mistakes over and over for 4 years now.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Generally I’d say they would clear someone if they don’t think it’d get worse by playing and not playing won’t really speed up anything.
The Medical Staff is there to save these idiots from themselves. If you asked a player with an injury if he's ready to go, he'll say yes, he'll do the kind of stupid Dupuis did.

This is why teams have Team Doctors and a Medical Staff.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'd say right now, the scale tips towards Sullivan for the hate.
I agree. Even if you fired JR tomorrow, a new GM wouldn’t be able to fix much mid-season.

A new coach could clearly improve the team much more in the short-term. I just don’t see it happening strictly because of money.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Being medically cleared and getting back to your old self can be worlds apart when you blow out your shoulder.

He’s only played like 7 games since he wrecked his shoulder.

It’s a pretty big mental hurdle to deal with.

Some guys are never the same so hopefully he’s just finding himself again.

He’s one guy I’ll be giving a lot of leash to before I criticize him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad