Post-Game Talk: Flyers 5, Penguins 2 - Because No ColePens Analysis Is Necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Honestly I'd just ride DeSmith at this point and see if that works. Like I said above, I think goaltending is the biggest problem on this team right now. The top-6 is doing a terrible job at generating chances and the defensive structure looks completely broken, but Jarry's piss poor performance so far this year has killed this team more than either of those things.

It goes back to the thing I said in the off-day thread yesterday. Whether I want to fire Sullivan depends on how they're losing. If they're losing because your starting goalie is giving up a goal ever 4 shots, I don't think firing Sullivan would fix that.

Disagree, Emp. Goaltending is just one aspect of the game (albeit an important one). But you said yourself that there are numerous other areas where we are struggling (defensive structure, top six being a mess, inconsistent effort, etc.). That's on the coach.

The most important issue is to fix how this team is playing as a whole. After that's done, I think it's an easier fix to either ride with DeSmith or go out and get a vet to take the reins until Jarry fixes his shit. But worrying about the goalie situation and not doing about the coaching situation is like plugging the biggest hole in your boat, but ignoring the dozen other little holes instead of just fixing them all before going in the water.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Do you think Kapanen will be back in the lineup tomorrow no? He would help-some I'm sure. Speed is key. Here's to hoping for y'alls best! :clap: Crosby has been real good early on I think.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Just sit Jarry a game to get his head together not to scold him. Him getting yoinked was scolding enough.
But he does need to get his **** together though... really sloppy so far.
---
St Louis was not in the same situation as the penguins.... penguins going from top to middling to having to stave off being a bottom standing team with fading core. Can't say I follow St Louis enough to know what their situation was, but I know they weren't going through the penguins situation.

He needs to get his shit together for sure but I'm not starting CDS next game to send a message to Jarry. I'm starting CDS because I believe he was scheduled to be starting. Then if the next game has Jarry starting, I go right back to him and then evaluate from there.

Your second paragraph makes little sense to me. Reread what you wrote then what I wrote, then go back and research what I said, then come back and try again.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Do you think Kapanen will be back in the lineup tomorrow no? He would help-some I'm sure. Speed is key. Here's to hoping for y'alls best! :clap: Crosby has been real good early on I think.

He's off the quarantine list so I'm expecting him to be in next game. Hopefully that will give Sid some jump. While he's been okay on the PP, I haven't been particularly impressed with Sid 5v5 but I am withholding too much criticism because he has a 4th liner on his RW. Kapanen will give him quite the skill and speed boost.

Reactions: Coachcorner

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
He's off the quarantine list so I'm expecting him to be in next game. Hopefully that will give Sid some jump. While he's been okay on the PP, I haven't been particularly impressed with Sid 5v5 but I am withholding too much criticism because he has a 4th liner on his RW. Kapanen will give him quite the skill and speed boost.
Thanks for the answer sire. Bowing down here real hard. :clap: Y'all will get back on track. Too much talent period. Kapanen might give a boost for many people I think. So yeah, I'm expecting to see him in the lineup tomorrow as we speak now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->