Post-Game Talk: Flyers 5, Penguins 2 - Because No ColePens Analysis Is Necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Jankowski looks really damn good though. That’s pretty big if some of the other things come together.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I said it's a start. If your top guys are struggling, it's the coach's job to try and get them out of that funk. Insisting on E-Rod playing on the top line isn't exactly doing his best to get that line going.

That's like me saying my cardio isn't quite up to snuff to run a 10k marathon, so you as my coach decide to strap a 100 lbs. backpack on me before the race to see if that helps my endurance any.

I mean, I get your point. But Sid and Malkin are paid to carry their lines. They both have wingers on the opposite of Rust and ERod that should be able to put up 20-30 goals easy.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Jarry just looks like his timing is off. That last goal was a save if he didn't have a broken stick and had to hold his paddle because his positioning would have saved that blocker side with an unbroken stick. He's let in some stinkers but the collapsing the team did in front of DeSmith was learning from hanging Jarry out to dry for the most part and him needing to be better.

All you f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: saying he's trash, reply to my post so I can remember who you shit eating :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: are when he's back to playing well and you ride his jock like you never doubted him. Bandwagon bitches.

I don’t doubt Jarry, but there was always a chance he wasn’t ready to be a # 1G and our GM went for Cody Ceci instead of addressing that. You and I both talked about Howard and Anderson on many occasion.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I'm looking at more than just the 2 games this season. They looked totally disinterested in the playoffs the last two seasons, they were awful down the stretch last season

Down the stretch they just ran out of gas after playing with so many players gone for so long during the season. Team just couldn't handle the mounting players lost. That bad streak started once Marino went out and that put Schultz on that 2nd pairing and that was the last loss they could take. In the Habs series that JJ-Schultz pairing literally gave up 5 of the 9 goals scored in that series and that was with limited minutes. Not going to read much into that series after such a long break but obviously that D pairing was the big reason for that.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Well, at least we got a low-risk, low-term, low dollar deal with Matheson. Was good to take a flyer and we can always move on easily.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Agreed, why can't people own their past statements? That 3rd line is a bright spot and that is why I am not concerned yet. I believe we have a very good top 6 with Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Rust, Zucker, and Kapanen. Seeing how well that 3rd line is doing gives me confidence. It is not just the 3rd line points but how many chances they are generating and the overall play of the line. With the top 6 we have some combination will work. I think Guentzel is a little rusty and needs to get his game back.

If the team wasn't generating quality chances then maybe I would be slightly worried but not really from two games. I assume some of you have been competitive athletes but you don't act like it. I was a D1 wrestler in college and not to brag but pretty much the best at anything I played in highschool and I certainly didn't have this negative attitude. I personally didn't know any great athlete to have the attitude I see on these boards and I have played with and coached many. Sports is 80% mental and boy this board is filled with loser attitudes. I would rough you up for 30 seconds and you would give up. I know the type because it happened a lot. Thankfully these Pens players have a little more fight than the majority of HF posters. I still believe this team can get the job done. Not time to panic, keep working hard and clean up the mistakes and they will be fine. If not we fire the coach part way through and then win the Cup.

I feel crazy. I'm a pessimist but most of the posters here are just sad and depressing.

I was wrong (so far) about Jankowski and that makes me happy. Hes been great. Our 3rd line looks set to make some noise.

Our top 6 has been disjointed, defensive play has been atrocious, and that leads to goaltending being an issue with Jarry playing poorly. All that can be corrected.

I do think a coaching change is inevitable for us to flip this completely around. And people saying Geno is done. Come on...

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Agreed, why can't people own their past statements? That 3rd line is a bright spot and that is why I am not concerned yet. I believe we have a very good top 6 with Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Rust, Zucker, and Kapanen. Seeing how well that 3rd line is doing gives me confidence. It is not just the 3rd line points but how many chances they are generating and the overall play of the line. With the top 6 we have some combination will work. I think Guentzel is a little rusty and needs to get his game back.

If the team wasn't generating quality chances then maybe I would be slightly worried but not really from two games. I assume some of you have been competitive athletes but you don't act like it. I was a D1 wrestler in college and not to brag but pretty much the best at anything I played in highschool and I certainly didn't have this negative attitude. I personally didn't know any great athlete to have the attitude I see on these boards and I have played with and coached many. Sports is 80% mental and boy this board is filled with loser attitudes. I would rough you up for 30 seconds and you would give up. I know the type because it happened a lot. Thankfully these Pens players have a little more fight than the majority of HF posters. I still believe this team can get the job done. Not time to panic, keep working hard and clean up the mistakes and they will be fine. If not we fire the coach part way through and then win the Cup.

tenor.gif

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
The worst part is, IF and that is a MASSIVE IF the org has the balls to fire Sully, we are going to have to have limp-dick Tod Pejorative Sluren as the interm coach HAHA

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That's what I would like to see more of.:laugh:

Stop the panic posts and give the team some time. Let's as fans have the same winning attitude as we won't from the team.

Players need to give a **** though. Tick tock........ short season and all.

There’s been more garbage and meh hockey than any quality play as a team so far.

Im sure well get better but the million dollar question is when..........

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I'm looking at more than just the 2 games this season. They looked totally disinterested in the playoffs the last two seasons, they were awful down the stretch last season

Crosby is still great and Malkin is still really good, but neither can lead a team to 16 playoff wins anymore. Especially with bad defense and goaltending.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad