The Athletic - Boston Fluto: Trade Winds? Bruins are all ears

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I get you on Carlo but he’s getting better and better - he was playing excellent when he got hurt prior to shut down

I think you nailed Jake

between Krejci comments on his upside and talking to friends yesterday I’m on the keep him

I believe he would be very good with Coyle style

agree on Torey ~ if he was 27 I’m all in on 6/40 but at this point more in your corner

Agreed. I still see him as a great 3rd liner with a chance to excel against lesser lineups:

Hall - Coyle - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Studnicka (I seem to recall another future C getting time on their RW)
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase

Then the top four:

OEL - McAvoy
Grzelcyk - Carlo

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
It's so easy yet you guys are making this so complicated. Want a shot at the cup? Dump krug money dump moore for a 7th round pick. Kneel down to hall agent and give his demands add hall with DK and jake. Promote vak as full time dman zboril also part time. Ready set and go !

Love the Hall talk but he needs to be tied to Pastrnak. Hall is a playmaker that is on the wing. Give him a true finisher and put your best forward prospect with Marchand and Bergeron.

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed. I still see him as a great 3rd liner with a chance to excel against lesser lineups:

Hall - Coyle - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Studnicka (I seem to recall another future C getting time on their RW)
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase

Then the top four:

OEL - McAvoy
Grzelcyk - Carlo
Connor got 7:49 certainly not lost on DeBrusk agent - I like Jake and think he breaks thru with 30 goal season but until it happens and he plays more consistently in all 3 zones Im offering 2/7

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am Sweeney I write up a 7 year $50 M contract for DeBrusk and hand it his agent and tell him go get 38 goals in 71 games and 80 points and it’s all yours

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It's so easy yet you guys are making this so complicated. Want a shot at the cup? Dump krug money dump moore for a 7th round pick. Kneel down to hall agent and give his demands add hall with DK and jake. Promote vak as full time dman zboril also part time. Ready set and go !

Moore is due, what, almost 9 million more dollars? And he hasn't really been able to break the lineup. I worry we underestimate the cost to dump Moore.

Maybe by a lot in the current environment.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hear you. I've been a little surprised by all the Chara's done talk. He was a +26 this year, and he was very effective killing penalties.

That said, I don't think he fits what they're trying to build in terms of a their defensive mobility and them wanting defensemen to join the attack. And for all his size, he doesn't hit much or use all that size to punish people much anymore. How many times did Hedman stare down and intimidate Bruins forwards? Chara could have taken all of the steam out of that train with a beat down but it never came close to happening.

He's become "civilized.":cool:
EDIT: IMO He's the kind of guy who has a lot of respect and forethought to what it
would feel like to be bitch slapped. Beating down another man, even in the heat of
a hotly contested game can make you not even wanna look yourself in the mirror if
you have a conscience, again IMO.
I saw an interview where he talked about respect between players, not calling a rookie "rookie"
because it's demeaning etc. A powerful specimen like him can kill a guy if he really wants to, I would guess that he's afraid of really maiming someone. I could be wrong of course but maybe the
Max Pacioretty incident altered his modus operandi?

Last edited:

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Krejci traded. Shed 7.25 there would be a lot of takers imo. This allows a trade for OEL and perhaps a stop gap centre on a cheap deal. A guy like Haula. Or you just insert Studnicka at 3C and Coyle at 2C and make a push for Taylor Hall. All this while keeping Debrusk.

vaakanainen + Senyshyn + 2021 1st for OEL

Reactions: 4Orr

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Krejci traded. Shed 7.25 there would be a lot of takers imo. This allows a trade for OEL and perhaps a stop gap centre on a cheap deal. A guy like Haula. Or you just insert Studnicka at 3C and Coyle at 2C and make a push for Taylor Hall. All this while keeping Debrusk.

vaakanainen + Senyshyn + 2021 1st for OEL
We need to get out of the habit of trading 1st round draft picks. Our window has closed. Trading Krejci is fine for picks/prospects. Signing Hall made sense 3 years ago, not today.

we need to rebuild now. Good time to do it since there won’t be such a thing as sellout crowds for the next couple of seasons to tempt Jacobs to delay the inevitable. I’d rather suck hard for 3-5 than be mediocre for 10

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
We need to get out of the habit of trading 1st round draft picks. Our window has closed. Trading Krejci is fine for picks/prospects. Signing Hall made sense 3 years ago, not today.

we need to rebuild now. Good time to do it since there won’t be such a thing as sellout crowds for the next couple of seasons to tempt Jacobs to delay the inevitable. I’d rather suck hard for 3-5 than be mediocre for 10

They have 15 M to spend, can trade others for futures to free up more space and have the bones of a contender Right now.

There is no need to rebuild.

They can be legit contenders For the next 2 years with 2-3 smart additions.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
My prescription for this team was to trade Krug and keep the first round draft picks. We have consistently failed to bank points in the shootout because we just don't have that kind of goalscoring on the team. In addition, our first line is fast approaching retirement.

Unless you all want to be New York for 3-5 years, we need to start developing (yes, that means playing) new centers. It means finding at least one more winger that actually has a decent shot.
We need to develop defensive shooters that can get the puck to the net. That has to be a drill.

We need to reserve 1 winger spot on the 4th line for a skater with speed and a decent shot. There needs to be promotion capability built into the team structure where playing well results in more minutes and consequently moving up in the lineup.

'Big bad Bruins' who run (lope, in this case) around, like Ritchie, we don't need. Honestly that was a bad trade and seeing him against Tampa should let everyone here know that is not where we need to be taking this team. The object is to win hockey games and you need skill to do that. Stop trading high draft picks for people who fall out of favor with their former teams and people approaching retirement.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If trading Carlo; what would you guys be looking for? I’m a Sens fan and would love to add him, and would entertain a deal around any of our current prospects. Tkachuk, Chabot, and 3rd would be off the table - probably 5th, too, but I think that could be massaged into a deal if necessary (is not available straight up).

Any interest, or is the priority a more proven entity? If so, Sens most appealing player would likely be Connor Brown who, while a guy I think would be a great add for the Bs, probably isn’t enough to even get things started (at least that’s my read on it)

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If trading Carlo; what would you guys be looking for? I’m a Sens fan and would love to add him, and would entertain a deal around any of our current prospects. Tkachuk, Chabot, and 3rd would be off the table - probably 5th, too, but I think that could be massaged into a deal if necessary (is not available straight up).

Any interest, or is the priority a more proven entity? If so, Sens most appealing player would likely be Connor Brown who, while a guy I think would be a great add for the Bs, probably isn’t enough to even get things started (at least that’s my read on it)
Would take one of your 1st + to get Carlo, Brown would not even be considered.

Reactions: Gordoff

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Would take one of your 1st + to get Carlo, Brown would not even be considered.

Yes, that was my point.

Obviously we'd add a lot to the NYI 1st if needed but dont see 5th + being moved for Carlo. I was surprised to see people talking about moving Carlo but seems like you guys will smartly hold onto him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad