The Athletic - Boston Fluto: Trade Winds? Bruins are all ears

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
DeBrusk was far more physical (even got in a fight) before the Kadri incident. He came back from that extremely cautious (which is understandable at first), but he never got back to his old game and has been playing scared ever since.

You are spot on he hasn’t been the same since. I’m ready to move on from him

Reactions: Gordoff

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Andersons health concerns me, but man does he check some much needed boxes if he can be 100%.

Big, check
Good skater, check
Physical, check
Good shot, and scoring touch, check

It all depends on how his recovery is going, though.

Another guy who i think would be a fantastic Bruin is Tyler Bertuzzi, I don't think Detroit would move him, though.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Exactly! Look how quiet Dallas got when Reeves got back in the lineup! Not to mention how much bigger the rest of the Knights became.

I didn't see that to be honest. I watched that game and I saw the Stars hitting just as much as they did in game 1. Reaves didn't change doodly shit from what I saw in terms of how the game actually played out. Reaves is a devastating hitter when he gets a guy lined up and I don't disagree that he will take his pound of flesh, probably to good effect over a long series, but I honestly did not see a different Stars team in terms of what happened on the ice.

Reactions: Bergyesque

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I didn't see that to be honest. I watched that game and I saw the Stars hitting just as much as they did in game 1. Reaves didn't change doodly shit from what I saw in terms of how the game actually played out. Reaves is a devastating hitter when he gets a guy lined up and I don't disagree that he will take his pound of flesh, probably to good effect over a long series, but I honestly did not see a different Stars team in terms of what happened on the ice.
I'd love Reaves on the Bruins 4th line... but I'd like him sub $2M.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I mean it’s not top of the list and I’m hoping for more out of Frederic. But is he comes in and helps keep other teams honest, yes. It is important to the future of the team
If he comes in and becomes a 4th liner who hits, can fight and pot 10-12 goals thats more than our current 4th line produces, hell, it's more than some of our "third" liners produce.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Fair enough but -145 . Now, +/- is not a stat that I pay much attention to but I don't think I've ever seen one that high or even close.

Oh it's gruesome. I guess it's a product of him being basically Buffalo's best defenseman and always being out against the league's top player with not much support.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Carlo plays with maddening indifference. Not Dougie-level, but somewhat close. For the right deal, I move him.

Conversely, would not be as willing to move Jake. I think he has significant upside when placed with the right line mates.

Krug must go. Love him, but we cannot, and should not, pay what he’ll want.
I get you on Carlo but he’s getting better and better - he was playing excellent when he got hurt prior to shut down

I think you nailed Jake

between Krejci comments on his upside and talking to friends yesterday I’m on the keep him

I believe he would be very good with Coyle style

agree on Torey ~ if he was 27 I’m all in on 6/40 but at this point more in your corner

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Oh it's gruesome. I guess it's a product of him being basically Buffalo's best defenseman and always being out against the league's top player with not much support.

He also is not remotely good defensively. Not a good fit here, I'd say. Plus he is an agitator and we have no one to defend antics these days.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Frederic needs to be on this team next year on the 4th line and be our Shawn Thornton. He lead the AHL as probably the toughest fighter. I am not crazy about grabbing anymore small players (Johnny hockey).

No matter what the league says about improving on goals and getting rid of tough guys it still comes down to who will pay the price in the corners. We could not do that in the playoffs. We also need secondary scoring only the powerplay and the top line generated goals. Krech needs Hall.

I could care less about finishing 1st and all the individual glory stats.

Give me a guy like Anderson and go after Hall and Risto. Let Jake, Krug, Nordy, Moore and Chara go. Ristolainen is a player I have always liked, he fits in perfect.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He also is not remotely good defensively. Not a good fit here, I'd say. Plus he is an agitator and we have no one to defend antics these days.

If he were good dfensively you would probably never know it because of that shit show of a team he's been on for so long. He is an irritating little sod, too, like a weaker version of Brad on the blueline. If Frederic comes up, he can answer for Risto if we got him :laugh:

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I like Risto and think his game would be much better playing on a better team like the Bruins.
Skill sets are close with Carlo, however, Risto plays with an edge and is more aggressive vs Carlo.
Matthews hates playing against Risto, which I like!!!
My only issue with a one for one trade is that Risto is a UFA in two years.
I only make this trade if I have a guarantee I can sign him to another deal.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsNetwork

There's plenty of players out there you can make the case they would be better on another team, but I'm not convinced Ristolainen is one of them. He's consistently been part of the problem in Buffalo rather than a victim of circumstance. He makes poor decisions on a regular basis and just doesn't perform well in his role. Ristolainen would be best served as a bottom-pair hybrid type of player and wouldn't help the Bruins much, if at all, IMO. Size is nice, but you still have to be able to play the game at a high-level to be effective.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Could there be seismic change coming for the Bruins roster?

Team president Cam Neely didn’t say that precisely in his end-of-year Zoom press conference Thursday, but the 55-year-old ex-power forward hinted at significant change when he noted the need to be “brutally honest” about where the franchise is headed in the next couple of years.

“And we have to react accordingly to that,” he said.

The question remains: What will be that reaction after the Bruins were summarily dismissed again by a heavier, stouter Tampa Bay squad in Round 2 of the playoffs less than two weeks ago?

Bruins president Cam Neely says he will ‘take a hard look at our roster’ - The Boston Globe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad