The Athletic - Boston Fluto: Trade Winds? Bruins are all ears

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I would trade Krug's rights now for a decent pick. Carlo I would move in the right deal for a top 4 D equal or better or for a young top 6 forward.
What I'm "afeared" of is that they'll trade Carlo for Anderson and then give him a 6 years @ $5.5 million a year contract and then he's glue. If they were to trade Carlo (and I'm not in favor of it unless the return is A++) they need to trade him for a Horvat or even Boesser. A forward with big upside and a 2nd round pick. Big mobile defensemen are a commodity. Can't throw him away for damaged goods or crap. The return needs to be big (like Brandon big).

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I agree completely. Unless they decide to move on from Rask now, which I'd support if they can find a decent replacement. And if they can, they're still in go for it mode.

I've never bought into a "rebuild". Too many quality players at decent ages. But they do need to re-tool in areas. Toughness, scoring, left-side defense.
I've said it before here, I'm afraid that they think they're going all in and then Rask decides that bubble life is not for him and retires.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
What I'm "afeared" of is that they'll trade Carlo for Anderson and then give him a 6 years @ $5.5 million a year contract and then he's glue. If they were to trade Carlo (and I'm not in favor of it unless the return is A++) they need to trade him for a Horvat or even Boesser. A forward with big upside and a 2nd round pick. Big mobile defensemen are a commodity. Can't throw him away for damaged goods or crap. The return needs to be big (like Brandon big).
If they trade Carlo for Anderson, then Neely and Sweeney should be fired on the spot. I agree a young top 6 forward like Boeser, Horvat, Tuch someone like that I am good with that.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I've said it before here, I'm afraid that they think they're going all in and then Rask decides that bubble life is not for him and retires.

I could be wrong but I don't think this would happen. One of the qualities I credit Sweeney and Neely with is their ability to communicate with players. If Rask wants to retire, they'll know early and respond accordingly. I don't think they'll be caught flat-footed.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I wouldn't be afraid of that happening.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Have you not watched the Jacobs regime at work? If it was the difference between winning a Cup or saving 300.00 which one do you think JJ is taking?

In fairness, I’m more concerned with how they spend, more than what they spend.

Haven’t they been close to the cap for most of the last 10 years?

Maybe I’m remembering wrong?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Only if there is gate revenue. Otherwise, I don’t think a few extra T-shirts will cover 2 extra months of full operating costs.

Are you sure? T-Shirts can sell well....

4697245_0.jpg

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I understand the "go for it" mentality - I really do.

I just want everyone who wants the Bruins to "go for it" to understand that if they load up for one more kick at the can, the rebuild is going to be longer and tougher.
It might. But wouldn’t most people be fine with that right now?

At least for Bergeron and Krejci. Management owes them one. They’ve been good soldiers over the years. One of them significantly underpaid at that.

As for the future sure, some will complain if it’s taking too long. They’re the same ones who complain when they do make a move or two. So who cares!?!

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
In fairness, I’m more concerned with how they spend, more than what they spend.

Haven’t they been close to the cap for most of the last 10 years?

Maybe I’m remembering wrong?
They have but have cut corners elsewhere, scouting being the one that hurts the most.

Monty Burns has a built in excuse with Covid, don't think he won't use it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
They have but have cut corners elsewhere, scouting being the one that hurts the most.

Monty Burns has a built in excuse with Covid, don't think he won't use it.

I wouldn’t be surprised, but I’m hopeful that they’ll realize that they have a tremendous opportunity to set themselves up for long term success due to the unique circumstances the economy and league are in.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I am curious what it would cost to get Greenway from MINN. Seems like a guy with good potential and size for the RW. Rumor is he is available
Excellent suggestion. If he is available I would jump on it. I remember him in the from the WJ's IIRC. He's young and IMO has big upside. Buy low.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
This is a worrisome from a maple leaf perspective. The leafs might be the one and only team that spends to the max.

The bruins should be able to spend to the max.
They dont spend to the Max......You dont go to games. Usually i go to 7-8 ganes a year.....No Max.....No going to games. Let Jacobs steal someone elses money.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This is a worrisome from a maple leaf perspective. The leafs might be the one and only team that spends to the max.

Sell it with a Cup dream to owners.

Give. Covid/flat cap/Bostons cap space they could be a real player this offseason

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

We will find out - they have season ticket money to get by and next year the expansion money

maybe I’m off but the expansion fees seem like a Godsend to bail them out

as long as they operate as a spend to Cap I’ve got confidence if they don’t their priorities are split

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->