Speculation: Florida's pick - Watch thread - (Upon request, thread title change lol)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Yeah 5'8' seems right, he might end up being 5'9'' - 145 pounds is not there, he's likely to be 155-160 at least at this point.
He's in Russia - Plenty of access to 'Roids in order to up the weight and muscle mass, plus they have good ways of masking the use of 'Roids, so win-win ;)

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He's in Russia - Plenty of access to 'Roids in order to up the weight and muscle mass, plus they have good ways of masking the use of 'Roids, so win-win ;)
He could become the Messi of Hockey, he's that good. I don't think he going to need steroids to get to that level.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Florida right now is basically where we can expect or hope for best case finish, at 10OA.

Theres no way FLA ends up worse than ANA CHI CBJ ARI SJS & MTL. Thats 7 at the best case scenario. However, FLA are much better than at least VAN and PHI, so they should be at best 9OA or 10OA.

We need them to finish 9th and not 10th to pick up the extra 1.5%. The gap between slots after 3rd is usually bw 0.5 and 1.0%. But btw 9 and 10, its 1.5%. So that would be great if they could give us more % at Bedard.

6 and 9 before the lottery gives us the 3rd best odds at Bedard.

If we can finish 5th or by some miracle 4th then we gain the 2nd best odds

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
the winning too much, makes the habs vs them game a must win
they are 1 game over 500 since the start of Jan. Thats not winning too much. 4 wins on 7 games

Their schedule has been pretty easy. They beat 2 easy teams (Ari & Van) and 2 struggling teams (Det & Col). Col lost their following game to the Hawks and before that were on a 5 game losing streak.

They lost to the real competition (NYR, DAL & VGK).

With one of the hardest remaining schedules, as long as they continue to lose to bad teams, they wont move up the standings too much. Unless they go on a crazy streak which tbh they are due for a win streak at some point this season.

Reactions: tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
they are 1 game over 500 since the start of Jan. Thats not winning too much. 4 wins on 7 games

Their schedule has been pretty easy. They beat 2 easy teams (Ari & Van) and 2 struggling teams (Det & Col). Col lost their following game to the Hawks and before that were on a 5 game losing streak.

They lost to the real competition (NYR, DAL & VGK).

With one of the hardest remaining schedules, as long as they continue to lose to bad teams, they wont move up the standings too much. Unless they go on a crazy streak which tbh they are due for a win streak at some point this season.
hahah yes you are right but i am greedy mofo ...... I want them to lose every game.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Has this been talked about yet? The conditions on the Chiarot trade? Basically, because the Panthers traded their 2024th 1st for Giroux (after the Chiarot trade), that's how we ended up with the unprotected 1st for Chiarot in 2023. I was not aware of the conditions until today.

gKefBXL.png

Reactions: ElQuebecois

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I still don't see them making the playoffs. Win today puts them 3P back of the Islanders for the 2nd wildcard spot, and 2P back of the Penguins who are the next team outside the wildcard and who will have 3 games in hand on Florida. Don't think that goaltending is going to hold up enough for them to narrow that gap on the Penguins with games in hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad