Speculation: Florida's pick - Watch thread - (Upon request, thread title change lol)

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Michkov freaks me out, one scout says he's 5'10 ,the next 5'7 140. Signed for years to come, I really think its could be a mistake to draft him with the current state of this rebuild. Our talented players are small, we really gotta build down the middle at this point, and give Slav (the only other big man for the future) something to play with. Really really.. confused about this player.. boom or bust

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Michkov freaks me out, one scout says he's 5'10 ,the next 5'7 140. Signed for years to come, I really think its could be a mistake to draft him with the current state of this rebuild. Our talented players are small, we really gotta build down the middle at this point, and give Slav (the only other big man for the future) something to play with. Really really.. confused about this player.. boom or bust

tbh, I say draft the most talented player regardless of size.

We can get bigger elsewhere.

If that person is saying he's one of the most talented euro players they've ever seen... that says a lot.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

He's not big but it only takes one viewing to confirm he is not Cole Caufield's height.

LesHabitants

Oct 20, 2022
This Florida disaster is starting get into mainstream sports media and radio shows so it keeps popping up more and more !! Not just us talking about it anymore! Pretty much everyone in media has said Florida is toast!!

What a disaster! Chiarot for Bedard is automatically worst trade in history.
Bedard hasn't proven he can play at this level yet. 😉

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From what I’ve seen, teams are wary about picking a prospect that most of them have not been able to scout in person. Hence, the Habs and others may well be gun-shy using an early pick on him.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Don’t worry about Juraj. At the same age Juraj is now, mikko Rantannen had never played an NHL game and he would go his first 9 games without a point. It was only in his 19 year old season in which he got 0.5ppg. Juraj doesn’t turn 19 until March so it’s not unusual to see a big man like this take time. If Juraj can turn into a Rantanen type player, that would be fantastic

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Sure fire franchise player with potential to be an all time great, he’s that good

If we pass on him I promise none of you will ever hear the end of it from me

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
I depends where mtl picks. If mtl picks 5th and lower and michkov is still there i would draft him. But top 4 no. Mtl is not contending anytime soon so why not gamble on a guy like michkov where he was the right after bedard until the russian stuff happened.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Michkov has the highest IQ I've seen in a long time.
Management would be insane to pass on this guy
43603F09-7D54-43EC-8567-B9354B644A78.jpeg

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Mostly boom.

Sure fire franchise player with potential to be an all time great, he’s that good

Agree, he has the talent to be the best Russian scorer since Ovechkin.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002

Good to know, honestly I'm just starting to look at what he is as a prospect so I am reading all sorts of opinions

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Good to know, honestly I'm just starting to look at what he is as a prospect so I am reading all sorts of opinions

There seem to be a fair bit of misdirection happening around him since he's the hot potato of the draft.

He was the U18 MVP at 16 ahead of Bedard, to keep in mind.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
There seem to be a fair bit of misdirection happening around him since he's the hot potato of the draft.

He was the U18 MVP at 16 ahead of Bedard, to keep in mind.

are his physical stats right? 5'8 145?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'd be thrilled with Michhov and Benson.

Might need to draft some size in the other rounds though lol

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
One of the points of drafting Slafkovsky last year was to not worry about size consideration the next time we can draft a top forward.

Reactions: themilosh

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Guys we are 3rd last in top forward production, I don't care about the size of a potential top 5 player.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Terrible night for the FLA pick...

good news is that they are so bad that they played a close game with VAN ..

Reactions: BigHabs

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I depends where mtl picks. If mtl picks 5th and lower and michkov is still there i would draft him. But top 4 no. Mtl is not contending anytime soon so why not gamble on a guy like michkov where he was the right after bedard until the russian stuff happened.
Nah, a big Swede Center who can play wing is a no brainer for MTL. If he can actually crack the team next year, you're in business. We literally never had a legit no1 Big center in mtl for decades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad